Night Owl Seeds Gonna Grow Some Triple Grape

Proph

Regenerative Organic Grower
Staff member
AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I germed two seeds and both popped. One had a little issue germing and is a little behind. But both are alive and above soil! I'll be using re-used soil. It's the oly mountain blend from build a soil. This will be a compost tea and water grow. One of the plants is in a 5 gal fabric pot, the other is in a solo cup until Im sure it's going to make it. If it's good to go, Ill probably throw her in an autopot. They will be grown in a 4x2 tent with a 315cmh with a 3100k bulb.

Im also trying something new this grow. Mycoremediation. I'm testing the "mush matte" from build a soil. It's a 3x3 mat of aspen that has been inoculated with Pohu Oyster mushroom mycelium. I cut off a section and placed it on the top 1/3rd of the 5 gal pot, then covered it with soil. Just like that, I've added an almost never ending supply of fungi to the pot! Might even get a a few mushrooms above soil!

Im calling today day one, so feel free to follow along and heckle me while I grow a new strain while using a new technique!

Shout out to Daz for making a cross I've wanted to see for years!
20200523_171349_HDR.jpg
20200523_171353_HDR.jpg
20200523_171734_HDR.jpg
20200607_213637_HDR.jpg
20200607_213723_HDR.jpg
20200523_211744_HDR.jpg

7 days later...

All is well.. I put the slower gal into a 2.2 gal autopot. I won't turn on the res for a couple of weeks. The normal gal is doing well also. Im using plain RO water, no ph'ing.. I havent decided if I will top them yet. We'll see how the first few weeks of growth go first.

Normal Gal: 5 gal fabric pot..
20200616_214859_HDR~2.jpg

Slow Gal: 2.2 gal Autopot
20200616_214909_HDR~2.jpg

Tent shot: All photo period clones with the two auto seedlings.
20200616_214952_HDR~2.jpg

I loved the double grape so now this triple sounds like something I need to try out. Will watch along for now till I can order some.
I may reverse one and make a few for personal stash. If I do I will get you a handful. This strain was super limited and it sold out the same day it released.

Day 16...

All is well with the plants! The normal gal is starting to take off.. The slow poke gal is still taking her time, but she's on the move. I can't say that the mycelium is the cause of the growth spurt on the normal gal, but I think it is related somehow. I don't think I've seen an auto with thus much secondary branching at day 16. I've watered both pots few times using a compost tea, and using plain water in between. I'll probably turn on the autopot res sometime this week as well. Maybe the slow poke will start closing the gap when that happens, lol.

Normal girl:
20200623_011943_HDR~2.jpg
20200623_011949_HDR~2.jpg

Slow poke girl:
20200623_011955_HDR~2.jpg
20200623_012002_HDR~2.jpg

Beautiful pictures and girls you have going!

Do you ever get algae in your autopots? It doesn't look like it but it could also be pictures after a fresh watering. Also, does anyone know why it is that autoflowers don't need/like transplanting but it is a must for photos if you want to actually maximize their growth. What is so different about their root structures because in hydroponics there really is no visual difference. However, you can instantly recognize the autos vs photos in pictures lol.

Sorry for kind of derailing the thread, your tent just snapped that question into my mind and I don't think I've ever seen a real explanation.

Beautiful pictures and girls you have going!

Do you ever get algae in your autopots? It doesn't look like it but it could also be pictures after a fresh watering. Also, does anyone know why it is that autoflowers don't need/like transplanting but it is a must for photos if you want to actually maximize their growth. What is so different about their root structures because in hydroponics there really is no visual difference. However, you can instantly recognize the autos vs photos in pictures lol.

Sorry for kind of derailing the thread, your tent just snapped that question into my mind and I don't think I've ever seen a real explanation.
Thanks bro! I've never had algae in an autopot.. But I get spring tails in the trays pretty often, lol. As far as the transplanting question, you'll get 5 different answers if you ask 3 different people, lol. So take what you read or hear with a grain of salt, lol. The main difference is that autos have an internal "death clock" that never pauses or stops.. And autos allow for ZERO recovery time. I transplant autos all the time. Never an issue. I'd say 75% of the people on this site transplant autos. I think that myth started back in the day when autos first came on the scene. There is no difference in the root structure of photos/autos. People transplant photos because they can be vegged for as long as you want, and to your size liking.. I start off my photo period clones in solo cups.. Then transplant them into one gallon pots.. From there, into 15 gal pots for flower. So 3 transplants.. Some people do 5 or more transplants before flower. Some just use one pot the entire grow.. But if I have a sick photo period plant in veg, I could spend the next few weeks correcting the issue and not flip to flower until the plant is completely healthy. Autos don't allow that. You have zero recovery time. If an auto is shocked, or gets sick, you have to act immediately and hope for the best. So I guess saying to not transplant autos is more of a precaution to avoid any kind of set backs.

Imo, autos are technically harder to properly grow than photos, and require much more attention..

But yeah, you'll see on site that pretty much everything that we've been told not to do with autos, has been done successfully by someone here, lol. The biggest thing to remember is that autos have a very slim margin of error.. That's where the do's and don'ts come from.

Day 22!

The normal gal is showing sex and is about to start the stretch phase. She's also starting her growth spurt! The slow poke is still a ways behind, but is making strides! I will be turning on the res today and maybe that will help the growth some. Both plants are happy and healthy as can be. I haven't used any kind of NPK feed or top dress yet, and at this rate, I may not have to! 25% finished with this grow already, lol. Time moves fast.

Normal Girl:
20200628_214518_HDR~2.jpg
20200628_214508_HDR~2.jpg

Slow Poke Girl:
20200628_214531_HDR~2.jpg
20200628_214543_HDR~2.jpg

Back