Indoor Growing Autos in SIPs with living soil~~> Bloody Skunk, Red Poison, Zkittles, GDP, and Blue Dream

A good start!
You haven't filled the rez on any of them yet, correct? Hopefully not, but not the end of the world. Keeping the rez in good health is very key
I don't know how well the surface temps of the media of the black covers will do under the lights once turned up and/or lowered later in the grow.
Thanks!. Yes he is! i forgot, i had a bunch of names to remember lol @WildBill I'll take some help along the ride if you want to watch and give it. I'm inside so i doubt mine will be like that monster i see in live stoner chat :thumbsup:
I have to admit, she is a pretty girl.

I'll help where I can.

A good start!
You haven't filled the rez on any of them yet, correct? Hopefully not, but not the end of the world. Keeping the rez in good health is very key
I don't know how well the surface temps of the media of the black covers will do under the lights once turned up and/or lowered later in the grow.

I have to admit, she is a pretty girl.

I'll help where I can.

Thanks for stopping by :toke:
No, I have not filled the res yet.

The black covers gave me the same thoughts about heat, i can always use white trash bags if those work and reflect light better. i can swap to them next time i need to remove the black cover.

Looking forward to this one! I’d love to be able to get away from hand watering, will be watching closely!

Looking forward to this one! I’d love to be able to get away from hand watering, will be watching closely!
Welcome to the grow :cheers: :pass:

I'm trying to get away from hand watering myself and this is my 1st try at it but i still end up hand watering until i can fill the res up, then i hope they don't drink 2 gallons a day :crying: after this grow i will try autopots and see if that route is the best for hands free watering :smoking: but then I'm opening a new can of worms by going hydro nutes in a res for the 1st time unless we can do living soil in autopots and just have the res filled up with rain water :shrug:more research is needed :smoking:

Welcome to the grow :cheers: :pass:

I'm trying to get away from hand watering myself and this is my 1st try at it but i still end up hand watering until i can fill the res up, then i hope they don't drink 2 gallons a day :crying: after this grow i will try autopots and see if that route is the best for hands free watering :smoking: but then I'm opening a new can of worms by going hydro nutes in a res for the 1st time unless we can do living soil in autopots and just have the res filled up with rain water :shrug:more research is needed :smoking:
Very exciting times ahead! Been looking at auto pots myself but haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

Thanks for stopping by :toke:
No, I have not filled the res yet.

The black covers gave me the same thoughts about heat, i can always use white trash bags if those work and reflect light better. i can swap to them next time i need to remove the black cover.
Good that you haven't filled the rez.
The black probably cause problems. It did on my first grow with the power lights.

I would suggest getting a bottle of Teraganix EM1, activate it in a gallon glass just and stopper vent thing. I got my jug and stopper for less than $20 from a brewer supply seller on Amazon. You'll need a cup of molasses to activate it.
This will keep your rez in order and clean things up. It's not mandatory, but I really feel it is a vital part The SIPs really have two environments and the plant develops two root systems.......... One that mainly take up nutes and water . One that mainly takes up water from the rez.
Giving the rez a short dry period contributes to keeping the rez environment healthy.
The only thing that I see that may be a problem is the amount of compost in the mix. It's cooked, so that not a problem, but you will have to see how well the mix will wick. My compost wicks well, but some may not do as well. It's just something to watch when you first start adding water to the rez.
I add water soluble humic acid to all my water with this program I'm trying with my twists. Along with the normal benefits, it helps moderate pH in the rez and media. It's surely not mandatory, but both outside girls get it and my crazy little Sour Stomper I'm trying to reverse LOVES it.

You already have an automatic watering system with the sips. It is a really easy style of growing. With a little attention to detail, it does take getting watering down properly out of the picture and pretty much effortless.

After these poor girls I've abused in my 4x4 finish, I'm just doing two EBs in there and duplicate my first run with EBs.....without the stupid EB reccomended amount of dolomite!:grrr1: LOL!
I had to pull out some tricks from waaaaaay back to keep them running to chop. Even with the problem the dolomite caused, they filled the tent. I got a fair amount of quality bud, but I got a truck load of hash from them. And that's with the same amount of you currently have. I haz 650watts in there now.:eyebrows:

I think you're gonna have a really full tent!

Good that you haven't filled the rez.
The black probably cause problems. It did on my first grow with the power lights.

I would suggest getting a bottle of Teraganix EM1, activate it in a gallon glass just and stopper vent thing. I got my jug and stopper for less than $20 from a brewer supply seller on Amazon. You'll need a cup of molasses to activate it.
This will keep your rez in order and clean things up. It's not mandatory, but I really feel it is a vital part The SIPs really have two environments and the plant develops two root systems.......... One that mainly take up nutes and water . One that mainly takes up water from the rez.
Giving the rez a short dry period contributes to keeping the rez environment healthy.
The only thing that I see that may be a problem is the amount of compost in the mix. It's cooked, so that not a problem, but you will have to see how well the mix will wick. My compost wicks well, but some may not do as well. It's just something to watch when you first start adding water to the rez.
I add water soluble humic acid to all my water with this program I'm trying with my twists. Along with the normal benefits, it helps moderate pH in the rez and media. It's surely not mandatory, but both outside girls get it and my crazy little Sour Stomper I'm trying to reverse LOVES it.

You already have an automatic watering system with the sips. It is a really easy style of growing. With a little attention to detail, it does take getting watering down properly out of the picture and pretty much effortless.

After these poor girls I've abused in my 4x4 finish, I'm just doing two EBs in there and duplicate my first run with EBs.....without the stupid EB reccomended amount of dolomite!:grrr1: LOL!
I had to pull out some tricks from waaaaaay back to keep them running to chop. Even with the problem the dolomite caused, they filled the tent. I got a fair amount of quality bud, but I got a truck load of hash from them. And that's with the same amount of you currently have. I haz 650watts in there now.:eyebrows:

I think you're gonna have a really full tent!
Its stupid about the dolomite stuff which i won't use and the black covers, they design these for outside use with the sun and they use black :shrug:

I have molasses but i will need to get em1 unless this stuff works, i got it as a replacement to buying overpriced hydroguard for when i do DWC buckets
Desktop Screenshot 2021.08.20 - 16.14.50.92.png

I will do my best on the the wet dry cycle of the res, when i see it is dry, I'll wait until the next day to fill it and i might be able to keep it clean just by doing that if not i already added em1 to my shopping list, thanks for the suggestions bud :smoking:Lets just hope my system wicks and does not root rot me and i'll be happy.

The auto watering I'm talking about is when i need to leave the house for 3-5 days, i don't think SIPs will make it past day 2-3 without me in bloom and being inside i don't want to hook up a pressurized tap to my tent, maybe a gravity fed setup tho.

I sure hope this grow fills up my 4x4 but the red poisons and bloody skunks are a short strain i think so we shall see, i know GDP and blue dream can get big but no idea on zkittlez, red poison, bloody skunk. we shall see :pop:

Its stupid about the dolomite stuff which i won't use and the black covers, they design these for outside use with the sun and they use black :shrug:

I have molasses but i will need to get em1 unless this stuff works, i got it as a replacement to buying overpriced hydroguard for when i do DWC buckets
View attachment 1357465

I will do my best on the the wet dry cycle of the res, when i see it is dry, I'll wait until the next day to fill it and i might be able to keep it clean just by doing that if not i already added em1 to my shopping list, thanks for the suggestions bud :smoking:Lets just hope my system wicks and does not root rot me and i'll be happy.

The auto watering I'm talking about is when i need to leave the house for 3-5 days, i don't think SIPs will make it past day 2-3 without me in bloom and being inside i don't want to hook up a pressurized tap to my tent, maybe a gravity fed setup tho.

I sure hope this grow fills up my 4x4 but the red poisons and bloody skunks are a short strain i think so we shall see, i know GDP and blue dream can get big but no idea on zkittlez, red poison, bloody skunk. we shall see :pop:
Better think about the humidifier too, just depends on when ya leave and your environment.

Better think about the humidifier too, just depends on when ya leave and your environment.
I have been maintaining 60-80% since day 1 and i got it dialed in yesterday 60-70% but yes i need a better top fill, bigger res option, manual turn on humidifier. Shopping for 1 now and will add it to my need list over the want list :smoking:

Reactions: UHF
Back