Hextractor 1500 press/enail test by budelee

Okay.. i raised the temp to 355F the plate read 154 at the gauge, however the heat is not consistent around the entire plate, understandable i guess and not really the issue anyway.. at this temp the oil came back but started smoking and turning much darker.. not sure if there was a states "optimum" usage time before the unit gets pushed farther than its capabilities but i will give the unit time to cool, and do another run tomorrow, i will monitor the exact time the unit is running in case the issue arises again.. more in just a bit @briman @Son of Hobbes
IMG_8649.JPG

Okay.. i raised the temp to 355F the plate read 154 at the gauge, however the heat is not consistent around the entire plate, understandable i guess and not really the issue anyway.. at this temp the oil came back but started smoking and turning much darker.. not sure if there was a states "optimum" usage time before the unit gets pushed farther than its capabilities but i will give the unit time to cool, and do another run tomorrow, i will monitor the exact time the unit is running in case the issue arises again.. more in just a bit @briman @Son of HobbesView attachment 803039

First time you noticed it before? Maybe give Beenails a call and see if they have a troubleshoot for it brother. And let us know how that goes too, that's good info!

For what it's worth, I've read of some people having problems with IR thermometers on rosin press plates. Something about the reflectivity of the aluminum on the plates on a lot of presses make them difficult for the beam to properly read, apparently.

Does the press have any manual, slow close type mode that you could gently pinch a thermometer in there?
dscn7034-jpg.618395

For what it's worth, I've read of some people having problems with IR thermometers on rosin press plates. Something about the reflectivity of the aluminum on the plates on a lot of presses make them difficult for the beam to properly read, apparently.

Does the press have any manual, slow close type mode that you could gently pinch a thermometer in there?
dscn7034-jpg.618395
Thanks for this info.. the plate switch/button is a 100% open or close... i can see why the ir might not read properly, great info... @Son of Hobbes i will give it another go and if i have any issues i will call Ali from bee-nails... more soon.....

try it at lower temps and see if it gets any better. 180*F-220*F is the sweet spot for pressing flower and hash can go a bit lower than that!:headbang:
Will do,, im down for the eve as far as pressing but i will run again tomorrow and lower the temp to see what happens

I have gotten so far behind that I am missing all the good shit! Awsome press my man.
Hi bro!!! Ya gonna be hangin out with us more often?? Great to see you back, I'll start tagging you in again!!!

If i can save my outdoor girls i'll get one of this for sure:thumbsup:
... this is a great all in one unit for pure/clean rosin!!!

try it at lower temps and see if it gets any better. 180*F-220*F is the sweet spot for pressing flower and hash can go a bit lower than that!:headbang:

We're pressing at 185 F for flower and loving it. My buddy wants me to drop 10 or 20 degrees (for flower) but I think that's getting a bit light. We'll try it though. Long press, pressing 2 1/2 minutes.

Back