HLG 300L Rspec Perpetual DWC Autos featuring Twenty20 Mendocino, Dutch Passion and Seedstockers.

Question for HLG Man. What made HLG decide to go with flat plate heat sinks as opposed to finned ones on these newer lights?
Dunno mate I'm not the hlg man... This is my hlg thread :crying: :d5: :vibes:
However it bloody works with a flat steel plate.... Plus its a bloody cheap option which more than likely off sets the cost of the boards, driver and top bin leds...to keep it affordable. No idea if that's correct... I just made all that up lol.... :crying::baked::smoking:

My assumption was cost and to give the boards a better spread. Knowing how the guys at HLG work, they tested several designs and weighed all the options. A finned heatsink could easily add another $150+ to the cost.

Question for HLG Man. What made HLG decide to go with flat plate heat sinks as opposed to finned ones on these newer lights?

The heatsink is aluminum, not steel. A steel plate of that size would be HEAVY lol! I've worked a s welder in a fab shop, we moved steel plate that size with a crane and a magnet!

Dunno mate I'm not the hlg man... This is my hlg thread :crying: :d5: :vibes:
However it bloody works with a flat steel plate.... Plus its a bloody cheap option which more than likely off sets the cost of the boards, driver and top bin leds...to keep it affordable. No idea if that's correct... I just made all that up lol.... :crying::baked::smoking:

Nosey neighbours
So since starting up the DWC, we had a heat wave that's ruined the Kerosene Krash.. Its literally stopped growing no matter what I do...
I've caught a particularly nosey anti weed neighbour that usually targets the hippies on the end of the row, nosing round my workshop the other night in the dark where my grow area is saying he heard a wierd noise... (my air pumps)... And another neighbour asking why I need so many buckets of water in the workshop :doh:

Top it all off the bailiffs have been sniffing around again trying to get money I haven't got from my business that's collapsed due to covid... I literally hate this country so much.
So watch this space... Its shit or bust time.
The strawberry biscotti is still going but If I can scrape a tenner together to get some light mix I'll bung em into some soil first thing next week. So I can fulfill all my hlg and seed company commitments whilst quieting the tent down a while until I can address the noise and get my head around dwc in less tumultuous times..
Stand firm :d5::vibes:
IMG_20210731_182514.jpg

So since starting up the DWC, we had a heat wave that's ruined the Kerosene Krash.. Its literally stopped growing no matter what I do...
I've caught a particularly nosey anti weed neighbour that usually targets the hippies on the end of the row, nosing round my workshop the other night in the dark where my grow area is saying he heard a wierd noise... (my air pumps)... And another neighbour asking why I need so many buckets of water in the workshop :doh:

Top it all off the bailiffs have been sniffing around again trying to get money I haven't got from my business that's collapsed due to covid... I literally hate this country so much.
So watch this space... Its shit or bust time.
The strawberry biscotti is still going but If I can scrape a tenner together to get some light mix I'll bung em into some soil first thing next week. So I can fulfill all my hlg and seed company commitments whilst quieting the tent down a while until I can address the noise and get my head around dwc in less tumultuous times..
Stand firm :d5::vibes:
View attachment 1350158

Thats a shit rap brother.. anti weed ppl are just complete dicks. Hope u can get them into soil and salvage something.

Last edited:
Back in soil
Hey hey...... Dwc has been back burnered until winter and I'm back in soil... Bad case of wrong place n wrong time :doh:
The Dutch passion went in the bin but the 4 Strawberry Biscotti are with us in some cheapo random soil that I can steer in the right direction with a bit of ammending if they survive the transplant.
If in doubt, go back to what you know
IMG_20210804_123950.jpg
IMG_20210804_123957.jpg

I'll be popping 2 Dutch passion Kerosene Krash and Seedstockers gelato 41 and a GSC so I have a full 8 x 11ltre soil grow running by the end of the week.. Back to a full tent of joy in no time :vibes::smoking:

Back