HLG 300L Rspec Perpetual DWC Autos featuring Twenty20 Mendocino, Dutch Passion and Seedstockers.

Intro
  • RustyStarbuck72

4x8 autoflower grower
    Cultivators Club
    Reaction score
    Day 1 for my new HLG 300l rspec diary.
    It's been up In the tent a few days now over the Dutch Passion Kerosene Krash and its already clear that it's in a different league to my old retired hps or lesser led.

Initial impressions of the light on unboxing is quality.... Its mounted on a solid bit of what I guess is powder coated steel.. It comes with quality feeling hanging kit. The potentiometer for dimming feels like a quality unit too, notched so it can be set in different positions and a nice feeling of slight resistance against your fingers... (Ive spent alot of time in studios and collecting and repairing valve amps so I'm a bit of a volume nob nerd) :biggrin:... And as nobs go, it's pleasing to the touch :crying::toke:
    BTW, don't expect a dry commentary... Those that know me are fully aware that I'm a wrong un... So its a happy, everyone join in kinda thread with the odd sensible bit.
    Heres the lovely light currently over the single pot..
    1626473256470.jpg
    IMG_20210716_231606_260.jpg

My aim (heatwave permitting) is to keep it over this side to cover the Dutch Passion and a home made 4 basket res I have made for starting these lovely Twenty20mendocino Strawberry Biscotti test seeds from @Twenty20 Adam just popped there heads up today
    1626720334802.jpg

Once theses girls have sufficient root mass in the diy starter res to warrant filling the big oxypot 4 res up I'll move the rspec over it to finish these girls up in style.
    Tent temps in this heat are hindering things massively so we may have a reset or 2 lol. Not the best time to start dwc but hey ho, if you grow in the UK you learn to adapt pretty quickly to our changeable (shite) climate lol

Happy days :vibes: :d5:

@Les @HLG
    @St. Tom
    @Nelly Nugs
    @hope2grow
    @Son of Hobbes
    @blue
    @Twenty20 Adam
    @THE BEAR

Last edited:
    DIY Nursery 4 pot Bubbler
  • @Les @HLG
    Little @Twenty20 Adam Strawberry Biscotti seedlings are nearly ready to go in the nursery bubbler I knocked up using a 3 quid container, some radiator insulator and gaffer tape because I run out of the shiney stuff lol
    IMG_20210721_214006.jpg

I'm using the baskets from the oxypot 4 so that when they have good roots (and before they tangle together) I can fill the big res up and it's an easy transfer.
    The heat in the tent is ridiculous atm 35°c daytime temp with the lights off... I did wonder initially whether to knock up a loom to run the driver out of the tent.... But at the level it's running at now 24" gap from canopy at 4 clicks from full its giving off vertually no heat at all... So no point even bothering doing that..... You could rest your cheek (face or arse) :crying: on the driver and barely know its on.... I've tried the light at full blast for 30 mins and it's still hand hold cool... So leave the driver where it is.
    I'm just seeing roots on the seedlings but I'm hanging out for a cooler spell to start the bubbler.... Its a bad time to be dwc but things are still green so full steam (literally) ahead :fire::headbang::eyebrows:
    IMG_20210722_093030.jpg

Roots and rays
  • It's nice having my own diary running again for showing off (lead guitarist syndrome) and for keeping records of course :crying::eyebrows:

Roots are developing but at a reduced "bloody hell this waters warm" kinda way
    No root rot but the hydro silicone and root stim stain em up pretty quickly.
    IMG_20210723_065054.jpg

Here come the Rays
    1626991412176.jpg

Ain't she a beauty:headbang::smoking:

Nursery 4 pot
  • Res change done on the single pot
    Upped ec a tad now she is starting the stretch... I'm hoping for an explosion of growth now lol :crying: :smoking:
    The DIY 4 pot nursery starter tub thingy seems to be OK, water level is just touching the baskets to initiate root growth then I'll add the air gap as they develop.. Strawberry Biscotti sounds dirty delicious so I'm excited for these.
    IMG_20210723_121607.jpg
    IMG_20210723_121456.jpg

@Les @HLG @Twenty20 Adam

Nosey neighbours
  • So since starting up the DWC, we had a heat wave that's ruined the Kerosene Krash.. Its literally stopped growing no matter what I do...
    I've caught a particularly nosey anti weed neighbour that usually targets the hippies on the end of the row, nosing round my workshop the other night in the dark where my grow area is saying he heard a wierd noise... (my air pumps)... And another neighbour asking why I need so many buckets of water in the workshop :doh:

Top it all off the bailiffs have been sniffing around again trying to get money I haven't got from my business that's collapsed due to covid... I literally hate this country so much.
    So watch this space... Its shit or bust time.
    The strawberry biscotti is still going but If I can scrape a tenner together to get some light mix I'll bung em into some soil first thing next week. So I can fulfill all my hlg and seed company commitments whilst quieting the tent down a while until I can address the noise and get my head around dwc in less tumultuous times..
    Stand firm :d5::vibes:
    IMG_20210731_182514.jpg

Back in soil
  • Hey hey...... Dwc has been back burnered until winter and I'm back in soil... Bad case of wrong place n wrong time :doh:
    The Dutch passion went in the bin but the 4 Strawberry Biscotti are with us in some cheapo random soil that I can steer in the right direction with a bit of ammending if they survive the transplant.
    If in doubt, go back to what you know
    IMG_20210804_123950.jpg
    IMG_20210804_123957.jpg

I'll be popping 2 Dutch passion Kerosene Krash and Seedstockers gelato 41 and a GSC so I have a full 8 x 11ltre soil grow running by the end of the week.. Back to a full tent of joy in no time :vibes::smoking:

Tents filling up
  • Thank fuck for muck! I got my mojo back :smoking:
    All 4 @Twenty20 Adam are settling into dirty times lovely.
    IMG_20210807_173859.jpg

The @Les @HLG 300L Rspec is gonna actually get some proper work done now as I have just popped a @Antonio_DutchPassion Kerosene Krash to replace the failed dwc effort.
    I have also got a Girl Scout Cookies and a Gelato41 from @Seedstockers-Mark
    Also slipped a cheeky @Twenty20 Adam Hotz in too.
    IMG_20210807_200727.jpg

IMG_20210807_173811.jpg

Happy days :vibes:

4 new starters are up
  • Quick update.
    4 x @Twenty20 Adam (strawberry {maybe} ) Biscotti are getting into gear.
    I would have normally pre amended the soil (especially this cheapo stuff) with insect frass and bat guano prior to planting so that it gets into gear about now, however I'm not getting it till tomorrow so they will get amended at next water.
    In terms of feed I have changed things this grow... I would normally be using mummy's own rainwater, however after the last soil run was plagued by gnats I've decided to take a more scientific approach.
    I'm using neutralised tap water, with plant magic root stim and enzime with a little Batboost in.. And I'm correcting the pH, which is something I have not bothered doing in soil before to see if there is a difference.
    I had toyed with netting this time but have decided to go with lst across the tent to better show each plant off on my insta, which is getting bonkers at over 2000 followers.
    IMG_20210811_100301.jpg

4 new starters are up and off with 4 new pots on standby in case another light appears as if by magic lol.
    IMG_20210811_100340.jpg
    IMG_20210811_100216.jpg
    IMG_20210811_100233.jpg
    IMG_20210811_100246.jpg
    IMG_20210811_100240.jpg

Happy days :d5: :vibes:

Stoned Three leaf realisation
  • In a moment of stoned clarity whilst feeding the ladies this evening, I literally only just twigged that the Biscotti's. Are all 3 prong leafed. I have no clue what this will do later on but I'm pretty sure it was the early stress in the failed heat plagued dwc attempt and then being transplanted into soil to try and salvage them...
    I've had photos do it back in the day when the photoperiod got messed up and the went into re veg. But this is different. The hlg is dialed in nicely so I doubt it's too much light
    However they are really happy and responding well to the gentle lst so let's see how we go
    1629050355380.jpg
    IMG_20210815_185957.jpg

The other seedlings are settling in
    And all had a nice drop of Batboost /seaweed/rootstim and enzyme.
    And a top dress of bone meal and chicken shit, due to a lack of funds I couldn't get my usual bat shit and charge, but I know the other bits work well so we are good to go.
    IMG_20210815_185452.jpg

Back to 5 point leaves
  • It looks like the early stress is growing out on my 4 @Twenty20 Adam Biscotti. All new growth has the right amount of prongs on the leaves. And they are kicking out the jams under the hlg. They still look a bit stuck over the 1 side of the pot due to the lst, but the amendments are kicking in a bit and the lower growth will soon be long enough to spread them out a bit..
    All the new girls are getting on OK, and fingers crossed, they may have another 300 rspec on the other side in a couple of weeks.
    IMG_20210818_142758.jpg
    IMG_20210818_142653.jpg
    IMG_20210818_142640.jpg
    IMG_20210818_142634.jpg
    IMG_20210818_142626.jpg
    IMG_20210818_142619.jpg

Back