Whew, busy day!
Peppers planted
20230504_133045.jpg
20230504_133020.jpg

Bomb Ass Key Lime Cheesecake with Rum Raspberry sauce made
20230504_174337.jpg

Where's My Dog Harvested
20230504_131046.jpg

Andy first Photoperiod seeds broke ground, Headband x Indiana Bubblegum from CSI Humboldt
20230504_220325.jpg

Geez I finally caught up again..........

Oh hey AHEM....

BROWN BAG DRYING

Can someone give me the details? I need to do some chopping but idk what my plan is for drying (I could do the downstairs bathroom again but idk if I wanna since last time I forgot about my plants in there while I was remodeling the kitchen and they turned into crispy critters)
I line dry for a couple of days then I trim all stemmed leaves and into the brown bags still on the stem. I just put a second bag over the top of the first. I turn them over a few times a day and check them every day, Then when close I check them several times a day because they can dry pretty fast. When I think they are ready ~11% - 12% on my meter I put them in a Cambo 4 QT with a hygrometer to verify RH, Add Boost if needed or put back in the bags for a few hours then when 60% -64% it goes into the Grove bags for curing.

I gave one of my chef buddies 100g of QWET Puck Sludge to see if he could make some decent edibles with it. He is a wizard when it comes to candy. He made Fudge today with 11g extract and cut it into 150 pieces. It did not set as well as he was hoping so he is going to roll them in chocolate powder and make truffles out of it. He ate a piece about an hour ago and he had to quit texting me :rofl: Each piece is estimated to be 58mg, he thinks it is higher because he is....... He did report he may have used a bit too much of the Trainwreck terpenes but they are edible flavor wise with little to no bad sludge flavor! I am guessing they are really quite good because he is very critical of his own work. He is a super taster. This is my same friend that almost died from covid and has suffered long covid for almost two years, He finally seems on the mend.

IMG_20230504_204309.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back