Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought naptha was boyscout water.

This stuff

View attachment 1666139
I like this stuff heeeeere. <-------- notice Southern Twaing******

il_570xN.1193926644_712u.jpg

Man! That stuff right there is just like my cannabis! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Power packed for hours of fun!

************* Southern phonetic spellin'

pssssssssttttt.......................peas kicking in!:grin::gary::goauto::hump::joy:

Auntie slap for everyone

Bluestruttin

I always use ethanol. I have an Air Still to recover about 1/2 to 2/3 of alcohol used.
Me too. I think I might do better on the alcohol recovery, but I haven't done enough to be sure. :pighug:

Well, to be fair... the original Rick Simpson RSO recipe did use Naptha which isn't much better than acetone. However, out of basic health and safety concerns, nobody really uses naptha anymore including, I believe, Rick Simpson.
Using naptha for processing ingestibles is not a good idea. Naptha is a cocktail of a lot of different chemicals, none of them a great idea to ingest, and some of them seriously harmful. Even pure actone would be better by comparison (although the acetone that us stoners can buy is not pure). Acetone is a natural metabolite, our bodies make it in small amounts. Trace amounts of it would be unlikely to do harm, unlike trace amounts of, for example, benzene which is just one of the liquid hydrocarbons present in naptha.

Ethanol is the safest, ISO not that far behind, and all hydrocarbons a fair bit behind both of them, IMHO. :pighug:

We made a sick call at a home for crazy folks years ago and a guy was drinking a can of Brasso to get drunk. Lol
Lmfao i had to show ID at Walmart yesterday to buy fucking windshield wiper fluid! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Honestly, Not really. I watch https://www.youtube.com/@NileRed do all sorts of extractions and stuff like this with similar chemicals.

I understand your concern, and why you feel the way you do.

But I think you would be surprised how much stuff is extracted or handled like this in the food you eat day to day.
I'm pretty well aware of a lot of the processes that food goes through as lots of those processes and additives they use can aggravate my chronic pancreatitis.
Just because they use similar techniques and materials on processed food and in other industries sure as shit doesn't make it safe, especially for someone to do at home with no specialized equipment.  
Using naptha for processing ingestibles is not a good idea. Naptha is a cocktail of a lot of different chemicals, none of them a great idea to ingest, and some of them seriously harmful. Even pure actone would be better by comparison (although the acetone that us stoners can buy is not pure). Acetone is a natural metabolite, our bodies make it in small amounts. Trace amounts of it would be unlikely to do harm, unlike trace amounts of, for example, benzene which is just one of the liquid hydrocarbons present in naptha.

Ethanol is the safest, ISO not that far behind, and all hydrocarbons a fair bit behind both of them, IMHO. :pighug:
Agreed! To be clear: I wasn't recommending using Naptha, just pointing out that it WAS the original solvent used for RSO decades ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back