Indoor Mars Hydro FC-3000 makes a Mango Smile happy

Day 56
Not much to update except starting to stack, have about 5 weeks to go. I can’t seem to keep my Meph plants happy start to finish, but I don’t grow for the leaves so she’s keepin’ on keepin’ on :thumbsup: I’m thinking this light is a little too intense for this small tent causing a PK issue 🤷‍♂️ We haven’t done any pruning or leaf removal so she’s not much of a looker right now LOL…buttttttt this Mango Smile is pumping out frosties early, and great trichome development when looking back at previous week pics 💪

Mars Hydro FC-3000 kept around 120W, peaking around 150-160W for a couple hours at “midday” when the AgroMax PureUV T5HO goes on.

5F2C2F4B-C5C4-40AE-AEEA-ED09C9740971.jpeg

E0E282D8-B37C-4F9F-97E1-0BDBB329B53E.jpeg

F386269D-0F99-4CE9-BD45-96D05A90C3DF.jpeg

53F83383-BD2C-43FC-ABDD-BF5994A991DD.jpeg

Thanks for stopping by growmies ✌️💚🪴

Looking great. How do you like your UV light? Do you notice a difference using it? I have the same one and was considering hooking it up for my WalterWhite.

Looking great. How do you like your UV light? Do you notice a difference using it? I have the same one and was considering hooking it up for my WalterWhite.
Thanks @DCLXVI :d5:

One day i’d like to test using clones of a photoperiod mother and see if there’s a difference, but I like it for the fact it allows me to give as much of a unique light spectrum (combined with the far and deep red RapidLED pucks I add before/after lights and “midday”). If the PureUV (UVA/UVB) doesn’t help with trichome production at bare minimum it helps UV sterilize the tent a lil daily…even though to think of it germicidal bulbs are UV-C so who knows if the PureUV bulb is doing much LOL 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I had fungus gnats and they did not like the UV. Worked better than any soil inoculant.
Come to think of it, i’m 2 years of growing now and not many pests nor IPM used so far. I mean it definitely “sunburns” the leaves closest to it, so it’s not just a standard fluorescent bulb. Maybe you’re onto something 🧐
:d5: :pass:

Last edited:
Day 63
Day 63 from sprout and my newbie status is showing LOL! She either didn’t like the supercropping…all looked good until after Day 41 when I started…OR my plan of attack this run trying a once weekly high EC feed of MaxiGrow (veg) and MaxiBloom (flower) followed by mid-EC supplement feeds the rest of the week might fly in soil but not coco coir. I think she might like a steady EC daily around 1.4-1.8 during stretch/early flower, notes taken. I think she’d be beast AF when run by a grower who has their feed and environment dialed.

This run has been a headache though…humidity controller keeps bugging out running the humidifier constantly, floor oscillating fan broke, and i’ve fallen asleep twice with the UV light on. All that and Mango Smile is still chooglin’ 💪 we’ll get her to finish, and take a couple months off to reset and get everything 💯 operational for a late fall run.

EA84FBBE-D9FE-40BD-A33F-85619DAC41D3.jpeg

5182B403-BE33-49CA-991C-F63BD412A9FF.jpeg

4BDC0FFB-7C80-4994-AA3B-BE0A5B7DEB31.jpeg

Pics with flash, she’s wrapping up in a frosty blanket. Crazy good development on the trichome stalks and heads 👌

07870970-1EDB-477F-8F1A-D8CCB43A8CB6.jpeg

3D3F3946-D143-4783-A209-158D7A9D1390.jpeg

It’s heavy snow even on the low lows ☃️

00B16CB7-329A-4842-AD15-8262CD6DEDCE.jpeg

A few weeks left, going to start lowering humidity and blowing more cooler air in by cranking up the intake fan. Pondering if I want to start gradually lowering the amount of hours per cycle while simultaneously increasing intensity on the FC-3000 🤔 stay tuned…
✌️💚🪴

Last edited:
Ah the trials of growing. Always some little bit to fiddle with isn't there? Trichome pictures look great.

Which humidity controller are you using? I've been using the Inkbirds for a couple years. I do find that they occasionally get "confused" for lack of a better term. Unplug and reset seems to help. Sometimes just unplugging the sensor itself is enough. If your unit allows that it might be worth just a quick yank to reset it. They do sell replacement humidity probes, the black box thingy, so perhaps they do wear out?

Are you manually running your UV? Why not put it on a simple mechano timer for a couple hours in the middle of the light cycle? You know, one of these buggers. I think each bar is 30min so you could still stagger a bit of on/off if you don't want full blast all at once.

7a7be5bd-9ab3-4972-91f7-3ba90abfc11e_1.e461830c3c37ac33030dee14c8adc491.jpeg

Ah the trials of growing. Always some little bit to fiddle with isn't there? Trichome pictures look great.

Which humidity controller are you using? I've been using the Inkbirds for a couple years. I do find that they occasionally get "confused" for lack of a better term. Unplug and reset seems to help. Sometimes just unplugging the sensor itself is enough. If your unit allows that it might be worth just a quick yank to reset it. They do sell replacement humidity probes, the black box thingy, so perhaps they do wear out?

Are you manually running your UV? Why not put it on a simple mechano timer for a couple hours in the middle of the light cycle? You know, one of these buggers. I think each bar is 30min so you could still stagger a bit of on/off if you don't want full blast all at once.

7a7be5bd-9ab3-4972-91f7-3ba90abfc11e_1.e461830c3c37ac33030dee14c8adc491.jpeg
💯 plus each grow I try different things like feed routine (weekly vs daily), went straight coco coir a couple grows ago and haven’t adjusted well, new lighting, etc. Being new I wanted to play around and see what works, this grow routine ain’t it…at least not for Mango Smile LOL! Mephisto does say it’s not for novices, but when the wife gets involved and picks the cultivar I grow it :thumbsup:

Using the IHC-200, on my second purchase (third unit total)…first one they replaced under warranty when the same thing started happening but wouldn’t remedy with the reset you mention, ran all their tests and everything. I think it’s a faulty relay switch between the Work 1 and Work 2 ports that fatigues over time 🤷‍♂️

Yeah I click it on and off manually. All of my available electrical outlets are occupied, along with my timers. I have two timers…one has two independently-programmable outlets with a power strip for my lights on one outlet and oscillating fan (above the canopy) on the other. Far/Deep Red initiator pucks + booster fan are on the other timer which is a surge protector with 4 outlets Always On (intake fans, humidity probe, exhaust fan), and 4 outlets Programmable (lights and booster). Usually isn’t a problem, just got high and fell asleep thinking I turned it off 😂
:funny: :baked::pass:

Everything is looking great @JaxsoNL5 and I just wrapped up my Mango Smile x Grape Crinkleberry on Day 81 and it's so frosty and similar in color! I hope you have a great weekend Happy Growing Gromigo!:pass::friday:

💯 plus each grow I try different things like feed routine (weekly vs daily), went straight coco coir a couple grows ago and haven’t adjusted well, new lighting, etc. Being new I wanted to play around and see what works, this grow routine ain’t it…at least not for Mango Smile LOL! Mephisto does say it’s not for novices, but when the wife gets involved and picks the cultivar I grow it :thumbsup:

Using the IHC-200, on my second purchase (third unit total)…first one they replaced under warranty when the same thing started happening but wouldn’t remedy with the reset you mention, ran all their tests and everything. I think it’s a faulty relay switch between the Work 1 and Work 2 ports that fatigues over time 🤷‍♂️

Yeah I click it on and off manually. All of my available electrical outlets are occupied, along with my timers. I have two timers…one has two independently-programmable outlets with a power strip for my lights on one outlet and oscillating fan (above the canopy) on the other. Far/Deep Red initiator pucks + booster fan are on the other timer which is a surge protector with 4 outlets Always On (intake fans, humidity probe, exhaust fan), and 4 outlets Programmable (lights and booster). Usually isn’t a problem, just got high and fell asleep thinking I turned it off 😂
:funny: :baked::pass:
Mango Smile is usually well worth the grow. I stunted one earlier this spring and was pretty unhappy about that, but the half ounce I harvested was awesome. Other grows netted me plenty though.

Back