Mars Hydro Growing Journal Contest 2021 - SP6500

Thread Temp closed for 24 hours.

I'm reopening your thread.

I Think @Son of Hobbes will be along later with the complaint/findings....:toke:

I hope it was nothing more than a double check on things and nobody actually tried to cheat :bighug:
If it turns out that somebody did cheat after all, then I hope the sponsors Mars Hydro doesn't get put off holding future competitions etc.. AFN is still a great place :biggrin:

I'm fine with either light(LOVE the FC6500!) and fine with whatever you guys want to do with your contest.

To make it fair to all on the forum, my vote would be to let this contest run it's course. You can announce a new contest now that will begin after the end of the current contest or soon after. This would allow more people time to plan a grow to coincide with the contest. I would also suggest to extend the length of future contests to 12 weeks. Some monsters take that long.

More people participating gives your "Mars Hydro Grow Journal" a better chance of moving up in Google's search engine. Along with keeping up and increasing the great forum relationship, consets hits well with your overall marketing plan by getting better search results for your product line. It's just like giving lights to YouTubers to test and evaluate, just another way of getting the brand name out there.

HighnDry
Nelly Nugs
CDN88

Come in and give your 2cents worth please.
Sorry been busy with lifes shit. A 12 week comp makes more sence to me but judged on plants not whos most popular. I did not enter because my wife wont let me grow in the house at all so im pissed of and trying to build something somewhere to grow again. Growing is my life and to be told you cant made me want to pack my bags and move somewhere legal but with court case coming up for cultivation thought i better stay put.

Sorry been busy with lifes shit. A 12 week comp makes more sence to me but judged on plants not whos most popular. I did not enter because my wife wont let me grow in the house at all so im pissed of and trying to build something somewhere to grow again. Growing is my life and to be told you cant made me want to pack my bags and move somewhere legal but with court case coming up for cultivation thought i better stay put.
Good luck with that crap!

pack my bags and move somewhere legal
Come to Canada and get on the right side of the law!!
R749db2be0b52b21090b5f3654614ad0b.jpeg

I will add, my wife didn't love the idea of me growing at home. She was ok, but not overly happy with the idea. UNTIL my first harvest and the quality was super and she loved it and now she's quite happy with my hobby and wants me to grow specific strains for her now.

Huh, reading @NorthernLights_420 journal and it would seem he was the one that was in question but he denies. I have no clue about the facts, and I would never blame anyone unless I had solid proof. It would seem to me that the admin at AFN can fairly easily check web logs to see what IP views to a forum post would come from. And if the views aren't from a singular, or perhaps a handful of IP's then the person didn't cheat. But if the views did come from let's say 3 or less IP addresses then that would be pretty clear proof. I do feel bad either way, sucks, was a fun competition and although I didn't win I had a good time. Too bad it had to end on a sour note.

Huh, reading @NorthernLights_420 journal and it would seem he was the one that was in question but he denies. I have no clue about the facts, and I would never blame anyone unless I had solid proof. It would seem to me that the admin at AFN can fairly easily check web logs to see what IP views to a forum post would come from. And if the views aren't from a singular, or perhaps a handful of IP's then the person didn't cheat. But if the views did come from let's say 3 or less IP addresses then that would be pretty clear proof. I do feel bad either way, sucks, was a fun competition and although I didn't win I had a good time. Too bad it had to end on a sour note.
It's probably more the fact that everytime he updates his journal, he's adding the Cultivators tag, which is supposed to be for moderators only :pass:

Last edited:
Hadn't WildBill won it on views anyway?
Not that it makes the cheating irrelevant of course.

Back