Indoor Mephisto Freebie Grow - NCH x SB

Week 1
Seeds were started in a small cup of water on Dec 12th and allowed to soak overnight, the next day they were transferred to damp paper towel enclosed in an old DVD case and placed in my Tv stand beside my cable box which stays approximately 75*.
Seeds were checked after 24 hours and one seed had started to show its tail, closed it back up for another 24 hours when both seeds had cracked and were showing the Taproot.
One seeds had completely shed its shell the other was approximately 1” long they were then planted in a 70/30 Coco and perlite mix just deep enough to be at the surface of the media and placed under an led lamp 2” from the top of the solo cup and left alone for 1 week with no additional fertigation .
Day one will be tagged as Dec 14th 2023
IMG_3748.jpeg

Week 2
Nothing much to report, growing well thus far , both seedlings were moved from their starting under the LED lamp into the grow cab on Day 10 at approximately 20” from the 200w LED tuned to 150PPFD at leaf surface , they also received their second fertigation on Day 10 which was just tap water ph’d to 6.0 with 600ec worth of Remo Magnifical until some runoff was achieved. Here are a few pics from Week 2

IMG_3759.jpeg
IMG_3792.jpeg
IMG_3810.jpeg

Week 3
Seedlings are doing well, fertigation every other day at .7ec / 5.9ph to runoff of .8ec / 5.8ph .
Started preparing the final pot media which is reused 70/30 Coco that was heavily rinsed and raked for root removal and strained to remove fine coco peat. The media was then Buffered with 2x strength cal mag / Cannazym solution.
Seedlings were fertigation with this same solution diluted to .9ec/5.8ph prior to transplanting while the buffering took place overnight

IMG_3847.jpeg
IMG_3854.jpeg
IMG_3863.jpeg

Week 4
Doing well so far, seedlings have been transplanted on Day 21 into their final 1 Gallon pots, they were not fertigated at transplant as the media was still moist from the buffering, I will allow a couple days for the roots to amalgamate into the new media. 1st set of leaves was removed also, I am going to let them grow somewhat naturally and just try to manage the canopy by clipping the fan leaves of the leading shoot

IMG_3867.jpeg
IMG_3869.jpeg
IMG_3870.jpeg
IMG_3873.jpeg

Last edited:
Day 25 - still cruising along, can just start to see the little indicators on The 4th node that these will show sex in the next week.
As said earlier I will grow these somewhat naturally using pruning techniques to maintain an even canopy , this is that start of that as I have taken the fans from the leading “open” fan leaves which I have found will encourage the lowers to speed up and these nodes to slow just enough to allow for some additional branching without too much stress, we will find out how much In The next few weeks

IMG_3881.jpeg
IMG_3882.jpeg
IMG_3883.jpeg
IMG_3884.jpeg
IMG_3885.jpeg

Last edited:
Some more from this week, fertigation every other day until ~20% runoff
Inflow - 0.7 ec / 5.8 ph
Outflow - 0.8 ec / 5.8 ph

Debating if I should remove another set of top fans or not, will decide tomorrow

Here are some pics from the last few days

IMG_3886.jpeg
IMG_3887.jpeg
IMG_3888.jpeg
IMG_3889.jpeg
IMG_3890.jpeg
IMG_3893.jpeg
IMG_3895.jpeg

Here are a few more pictures, looking good so far. Yet to be seen if the taking of upper fans has had the desired effect. I have taken a 3rd set of leading fans now

Last fertigation
In @ 1.1ec / 5.8ph - out @ 0.9ec / 6.0ph

So within range thus far.

IMG_3920.jpeg
IMG_3921.jpeg
IMG_3922.jpeg
IMG_3923.jpeg
IMG_3931.jpeg
IMG_3932.jpeg
IMG_3933.jpeg
IMG_3934.jpeg

Back