Photoperiod New grow 2023 Barneys Farm and In-house genetics

Day 9
Snapped a couple pics this morning so here I am again.

Forbidden jelly seems like it might not like the circulating fan so close to it. Still growing but its a lil droopy today, not worried just think its a little cold.
20231107_125517.jpg

Pot is getting light again so maybe its thirsty. It is closest to the open ventilation too. Moved it off to the side to see if that helps and pointed thr fan to the other side.

Mimosa seems to be really digging her set up right now. She keeps getting taller but shes progressing too.
20231107_125511.jpg

Ayahuasca is a slow grower for sure but she seems to be enjoying her space as well
20231107_125514.jpg

Snapped a couple pics this morning so here I am again.

Forbidden jelly seems like it might not like the circulating fan so close to it. Still growing but its a lil droopy today, not worried just think its a little cold.View attachment 1644089
Pot is getting light again so maybe its thirsty. It is closest to the open ventilation too. Moved it off to the side to see if that helps and pointed thr fan to the other side.

Mimosa seems to be really digging her set up right now. She keeps getting taller but shes progressing too.View attachment 1644090

Ayahuasca is a slow grower for sure but she seems to be enjoying her space as wellView attachment 1644093
Update for day 9. When I got home I hefted my pot for forbidden jelly and it was pretty light so I hit it with about .5gal of 6.25ph water and I gave the other 2 about .25gal of the same. Had a little runoff on the forbidden jelly which I was trying to avoid, but it was definitely only a little trickle, the other 2 soaked it up fine. Which reminds me. Been using tap water so far, but I might go to my local freshwater spring and fill up some jugs cuz the water out the tap is just gross. Reaks of chlorine and even was kinda dingy. My tds meter was reading 380ppm, which seems ridiculously high for tap water.

Last edited:
Trouble for the forbidden jelly
The forbidden jelly isnt looking good at all and Im pretty sure its because of my shit tap water.

This pic is lights off with camera flash, and its droopy and yellow, not terribly yellow but its definitely pale. Im not exactly sure what it is but I think its the water, in combination with too much light. That one was getting about 80-90ppfd more so almost 550. So I lowered the light intensity to 30%. Gonna let the pot dry out for now and then Ill give it a good flush with the spring water I just got.
20231108_115417.jpg

Im not too concerned with it. Ive seen plants bounce back from much worse but these are my most expensive beans, so I dont really want to waste one.

The forbidden jelly isnt looking good at all and Im pretty sure its because of my shit tap water.

This pic is lights off with camera flash, and its droopy and yellow, not terribly yellow but its definitely pale. Im not exactly sure what it is but I think its the water, in combination with too much light. That one was getting about 80-90ppfd more so almost 550. So I lowered the light intensity to 30%. Gonna let the pot dry out for now and then Ill give it a good flush with the spring water I just got.View attachment 1644312
Im not too concerned with it. Ive seen plants bounce back from much worse but these are my most expensive beans, so I dont really want to waste one.
Turning the light down already made a substantial difference. Little girl was just getting blasted by photons. Leaves perked up a bit, might not notice it in pic. But it definitely looks a lil better to me.
20231109_101051.jpg

Shes still growing too but it has slowed down. I think in a few days she will be happy again. One thing I do have to say is this replacement light ac sent me has an overall higher ppfd, but the uniformity isnt so great. Im gonna take the plants out and do a par test and see if I can figure out whats up with it cuz i get high spikes all over. Much different than my last light.

Pic update
Not much to say just took some pics in the tent so I thought Id throw them up.

Ayahuasca
20231109_101206.jpg
20231109_101210.jpg

Second pic was suppose to show the height better but not doing a great job of that.

Mimosa x Orange Punch
20231109_101159.jpg
20231109_101216.jpg

The second pic here is a better example of height. This is my tallest plant, and it just keeps getting a little taller every day.

Theres another reply to my threadmark about the forbidden jelly. Put a new pic up in that reply. She looks better in person the pics almost look the same from yesterday to today which isnt very surprising.

Turning the light down already made a substantial difference. Little girl was just getting blasted by photons. Leaves perked up a bit, might not notice it in pic. But it definitely looks a lil better to me. View attachment 1644530
Shes still growing too but it has slowed down. I think in a few days she will be happy again. One thing I do have to say is this replacement light ac sent me has an overall higher ppfd, but the uniformity isnt so great. Im gonna take the plants out and do a par test and see if I can figure out whats up with it cuz i get high spikes all over. Much different than my last light.
So it was definitely too much light. Raised it up today a bit too and it definitely liked that, still kinda droopy but tomorrow it should be almost back to normal.

Day 12
Not much to update on but Ive been checking the progress of the forbidden jelly and definitely taking note she does not like too much light. Things are looking pretty good other than the usual small colony of gnats that always come out of fox farm stuff. Ive only seen one or 2 flying around max inside the tent, but that meams theres probably larvae in the soil so well see how that progresses.

Forbidden Jelly
20231110_120714.jpg
20231110_120741.jpg

Color has really come back, got a photo with lights on and another with them off, still not fully recovered though. I have a feeling with the next watering she'll perk up a bit.

Ayahuasca Purple
20231110_120650.jpg
20231110_120801.jpg

This one grows slow as hell. Shes just chigging along at her own pace. Soil looks dry but shes got water in there. Again first is light on amd 2nd is lights off

Mimosa x Orange Punch
20231110_120708.jpg
20231110_120752.jpg

Best looking girl of the group, already got a nice sturdy stalk and is really starting to pick up. Pics are the same 1st is lights on then lights off.

Thanks for stoppin by.

Week 2
Today marks the end of week 2

Everything is looking well. Maybe Im just not used to it but the Ayahuasca and Forbidden jelly still look pale compared to the mimosa. But maybe its just how these 2 are gonna be.

Watered today. The Forbidden Jelly got a bit too much, after .25 gallons I didnt see a single drip out the bottom so I gave it another .25 gallons and pretty much half of that ran out the bottom:doh:. Trying to avoid running off pretty much at all, goal is under 5% of the total watering, but that forbidden jelly just ran about 20% off. The other 2 dripped a bit but stopped right away. Mimosa was the lightest and she took a half gallon well the Ayahuasca probanly didnt need water but I gave her .25 gallons anyway.

Girls are lookn pretty good overall. Side branching is already starting on the forbidden jelly so once she gets topped amd recovers Im sure she will explode.

Forbidden Jelly
20231112_062729.jpg
20231112_062917.jpg
20231112_062656.jpg

Mimosa x Orange Punch
20231112_062720.jpg
20231112_062713.jpg

Visually this looks like my heathiest/happiest plant. Very vigorous amd consistant growth so far.

Ayahuasca Purple
20231112_062705.jpg
20231112_062725.jpg

Definitely the slowest grower of them all but shes still moving along and besides looking slightly pale she seems fine so Im not worried about it.

Thats it for today, thanks for stopping by

This is a continuation from yesterday. Did a little lst after the plants had perked back up from the watering. Only thing is the Ayahuasca purple better start cranking out nodes soon otherwise her main stalk will be too ridgid to do what Im doing with the other 2.

Whole tent
20231113_102105.jpg

What Im trying to accomplish is leaving as much room in the middle of the tent as possible that way when I top them the branches will have a space to grow into. So Ive pulled the main stalk down and to the outside of the tent relative to their position. I plan on topping the forbidden jelly probably twice. Once at node 5 and another a couple weeks after that. I really want her to fill out her side of the tent. I was also wrong about forbidden jellys genetics, its a sativa dominant hybrid. I don't remember where I got my original info but seedfinder confirms that its a sativa, though their site only has complete info on a few of in houses strains, but this is one.

Also I havent shown a whole tent pic besides the set up. I rearranged everything. Figured it would be a lot easier to manage a sativa in the front. Plus its where the weakest light is and she doesnt like super intense light rn.

Forbidden Jelly
20231113_102058.jpg

The forbidden jelly may not like light but it sure seems to like being lst'd. Stalk was pretty rigid already so i figured she wouldnt like it but she seems like its not really bothering her at all. Felts a couple small snaps as i was gently bending it down and I think I may have damaged roots doing this cuz I didnt find anything on the plant

Mimosa x Orange Punch
20231113_102101.jpg

Dont mind the climate monitor there I had to change the battery and it was still calibrating. She got the lst top obviously. Again took it like a champ. May go pull it down more as shes already bounced back quite a bit.

Ayahuasca Purple
20231113_102103.jpg

Honestly I was tied for excitement between this and the forbidden jelly. This is a pretty oldschool strain, probably as close to landrace strains as Im ever gonna get as its red river delta x master kush. Painfully slow growing. Im thinking a progressive harvest is happening this time, as this has the longest reccomended flowering time of 65-75 days. Where the others are 55-65. We all know it'll be longer but I assume by vegetative growth it will be substantially longer.

Thats all thanks.

Last edited:
Did a little work inside the tent today. Stripped the first set of true leaves and the next set of leaves off each plant. Continued the lst on the main stem to the Ayahuasca purple.

Only reason I defoliated those leaves is because the first set was basically fully shaded and tomorrow the top comes on the  Mimosa and the Forbidden Jelly. They are both pushing out their 5th node now while the Ayahuasca is still pushing out its 4th. This way those lower tertiary branches are getting all the light they could ever want. Prolly gonna end up chopping the lowest ones anyway later on in veg but for right now im trying to focus growth to the lower branches and the lst is doing the trick.

Ayahuasca Purple
20231114_101725.jpg
20231114_101723.jpg

Mimosa x Orange Punch
20231114_101701.jpg

Forbidden Jelly
20231114_100902.jpg
20231114_100936.jpg

Sorry for this last puc being blurry, I was awkwardly position trying to snap the pic but you can see that lower side branching really starting on this girl, lowest ones already have a 2nd node.

Again first .5in of soil is bone dry but pots are still heavy so they do have water. Probably need a dousing tomorrow, at least the forbidden jelly, shes a thirsty one for sure and her roots have already reached the outsides of thr pot.

Back