Photoperiod New grow 2023 Barneys Farm and In-house genetics

Performed at top on the mimosa and the forbidden jelly last night. They took it well, but I forgot to charge my phone last night so no pics. Took one of each last night after I made the snip

Forbidden Jelly
20231114_230625.jpg

Mimosa x Orange Punch
20231114_230636.jpg

I probably could have waited on the this one a few more days to have more room but i took off node 4 and 5 which is why it looks so clean. So we'll see how that goes.

Anyway thats all for now

Day 18
My 2 girls took really well to their topping. Ayahuasca still chugging along at a snails pace but at least its becoming more vibrant green now.

Forbidding Jelly
20231115_232242.jpg

Already switched its growth to auxiliary branches. Which is crazy to me but she is very vigorous.

Mimosa x Orange Punch
20231115_232252.jpg

Shes doing really well, and from what I can see from breeder pics amd journals on other sites the genetics are pretty locked down on this strain. Looks exactly the same as any other Ive seen so far.

Ayahuasca Purple
20231115_232256.jpg

For real though, bean germed and sprouted as fast as the other 2 but that where the growth rate similarities stop, literally almost dead in their tracks lol. This is a 100% indica strain and I figured it would be way faster growing.

Here's the tent
20231115_232246.jpg

I took these pics last night, theres some more growth now, seems like it took almost 3 weeks for these to get to settled in and rely start flourishing.

Heres environmental
Screenshot_20231115_234340_AC Infinity.jpg

Humidity is a tad on the low side but I dont have a humidifier anymore, crapped out on me during my last grow. Will probably end up buying the ac humidifier soon, but budget is tight right now. Maybe in a couple weeks.

Week 3 completed
Today is day 21 of this grow and honestly I dont know how this ones gonna turn out. All the plants are very different from eachother in various ways. Which yes is yo be expected but I mean growth rates and overall health.

Leading the pack for overall health is Mimosa x Orange Punch for sure tho. This girl is just happy to be alive
20231119_085701.jpg

Nice healthy foliage, leaves are hearty and always at least flat or praying, and the node spacing is tight on the main stem but now after the top the side branches seem to have greater distances which is what I was hoping for. Beautiful plant thats for sure.

Forbidden Jelly isnt really unhealthy but I just cant get the droop to fully go away, also I gave up on lst because even the new extremely flexible branches were tearing. I was being as delicate as I could with them. Forgot to take pics of it but they are fine so its whatever
20231119_085650.jpg

Not a great pic but my back hurts today and I didnt feel like bending over or kneeling to get a better pic this morning. Like I said great color, pushing out side branches and the ones I damaged are growing just fine too, but the DROOP, the limpness in the leaves is just really irritating. Like one day a week the habe rigidity and its right before the pot needs water. Idk maybe Im over watering this one every time.

Ayahuasca is just a goddamn snail. Im seriously almost considering pulling this one and just running the 2 that are actually growing. I think this strain favors temps closer to the 80s and higher humidities on average. Over the week it really doesnt look different but its growing.
20231119_085658.jpg

Its fan leaves have grown in size but that top node with new leaves, thats the same node that was forming a week ago, and the node just now forming is the 5th finally! Side branching has started but again, didnt wanna get down and get pics. I'll get a couple more detailed pics later on today. Also I may let this one grow naturally, with how slow its going I think a top may set this plant back a while and Im just not willing to slow this one down anymore. I need smoke as soon as feasibly possible, but I wanna start my next grow as soon as possible too because I think Im gonna run all the autos I have which I think is 2 more granite runtz and another freebie 2 pack I got with my last order.

Today is day 21 of this grow and honestly I dont know how this ones gonna turn out. All the plants are very different from eachother in various ways. Which yes is yo be expected but I mean growth rates and overall health.

Leading the pack for overall health is Mimosa x Orange Punch for sure tho. This girl is just happy to be aliveView attachment 1647135
Nice healthy foliage, leaves are hearty and always at least flat or praying, and the node spacing is tight on the main stem but now after the top the side branches seem to have greater distances which is what I was hoping for. Beautiful plant thats for sure.

Forbidden Jelly isnt really unhealthy but I just cant get the droop to fully go away, also I gave up on lst because even the new extremely flexible branches were tearing. I was being as delicate as I could with them. Forgot to take pics of it but they are fine so its whatever
View attachment 1647137
Not a great pic but my back hurts today and I didnt feel like bending over or kneeling to get a better pic this morning. Like I said great color, pushing out side branches and the ones I damaged are growing just fine too, but the DROOP, the limpness in the leaves is just really irritating. Like one day a week the habe rigidity and its right before the pot needs water. Idk maybe Im over watering this one every time.

Ayahuasca is just a goddamn snail. Im seriously almost considering pulling this one and just running the 2 that are actually growing. I think this strain favors temps closer to the 80s and higher humidities on average. Over the week it really doesnt look different but its growing.View attachment 1647139
Its fan leaves have grown in size but that top node with new leaves, thats the same node that was forming a week ago, and the node just now forming is the 5th finally! Side branching has started but again, didnt wanna get down and get pics. I'll get a couple more detailed pics later on today. Also I may let this one grow naturally, with how slow its going I think a top may set this plant back a while and Im just not willing to slow this one down anymore. I need smoke as soon as feasibly possible, but I wanna start my next grow as soon as possible too because I think Im gonna run all the autos I have which I think is 2 more granite runtz and another freebie 2 pack I got with my last order.
So I got some better pics of the plants now. And after all that griping about the Forbidden Jelly acting like a limp noodle all the time I open the door to this
20231119_180636.jpg
20231119_180719.jpg
20231119_180708.jpg

Thats both side and a closer pic from up top.

Mimosa's looking as good as ever too
20231119_180742.jpg
20231119_180746.jpg

The Ayahuasca Purple side branching I was talking about
20231119_180815.jpg

Just a little update

Clipped the 2 biggest fan leaves off the Ayahuasca Purple to expose its side branches to more direct light. Hopefully promote some growth because this getting a little ridiculous. Right now its not growing up, just beefing up and pushing side branching. Maybe Im not used to a 100% indica but jeez I thought typically they grow faster.
20231121_121900.jpg

It looks fine otherwise. Good color, its not as perky as it could be but I dont really consider it droopy either.

The other 2 are doing well the Mimosa x Orange Punch is really pushing out side branches
20231121_121902.jpg

Forbidden jelly has side branches starting on her side branches already too so I can tell Im gonna have to defoliate well on this one.
20231121_121906.jpg

Started a little lst on the side branches sticking close to the main stalk. Did the same on the Mimosa too.

Will definitely be watering the Ayahuasca tomorrow, her pot is getting light. The Mimosa and Forbidden Jelly still have quite a bit of weight but that could definitely change by tomorrow.

Also I raised up the light another 12" and turned the brightness up to 5 on my light, getting roughly 450-500ppfd. Forgot to screen shot the photone readings.

Day 24
Watered all 3 girls today with about 1 gallon each. Very minimal runoff on the Forbidden Jelly and the Mimosa, but a pretty substantial amount of runoff on the Ayahuasca. The Ayahuasca's pot didnt really even gain that much weight either. Think I will be hitting that with some FF Sledgehammer to add some yucca to the pot, i think the entire pot is leaning on the hydrophobic side.

I know its not normal but I dug pretty deep in to the side of the pot and it was damp but after a fresh watering I expected the pot to be soaking and it was not, certain areas were holding more water than others but not dry. One thing that worried me was I dug about 5 inches down, bout 3 fingers wide and I saw no roots, obviously they are in there, the plant is alive, but they arent stretching out to the edges of the pot which is worrying. After almost a month there should be a pretty decent network of roots throughout the pot.

Anyway heres some pics

Ayahuasca Purple
20231122_115453.jpg

Mimosa x Orange Punch
20231122_115444.jpg
20231122_115448.jpg

Forbidden Jelly
20231122_115451.jpg
20231122_115315.jpg

Things going good so far. I just want that Ayahuasca to pick up the pace a bit.

Last edited:
Day 26
Almost 1 month in and things are looking good besides how short the Ayahuasca is. Nothing too new to report just a few pics.

Forbidden Jelly
20231124_185458.jpg

Shes looking really good and seems to thrive a bit more when I chop her big fan leaves. May top this one more time to provide some more cola sites, I have a feelinf this one is going to flower out nicely.

Mimosa x Orange Punch
20231124_185506.jpg

Im really liking the structure on this plant, nodes are about 2-3 inches apart all over the plant making it very easy to inspect and work around. Will be clipping the big fan leaves off this one soon too.

Ayahuasca Purple
20231124_185504.jpg

This one....I really dont know what so say about this one other than its just slow. Node spacing is super tight. Shes pushing out node 6 on the main stalk as she hasnt been topped. Im afraid topping her will halt growth completely. At about 6 inches tall she is a dwarf compared to her tent mates. Im hoping to see some super ridiculous stretch coming flowering cuz this the squattest plant Ive ever seen and Im thinking like I said before I think she just isnt favoring the environment. Not a good match for a grow cycle with the other 2.

Here are current conditions
Screenshot_20231124_185548_AC Infinity.jpg

I know I said disregard vpd but I have the whole system calibrated so now its pretty accurate. Also heres a little environmental history data. This grow cycle seems to be showing a more even consistent temp and humidity overall.
Screenshot_20231124_191321_AC Infinity.jpg
Screenshot_20231124_191401_AC Infinity.jpg

The max temp never reached 81°F that actually just happened as the probe was sitting on top of my light while I was recalibrating the photone app. Also the lowest humidity was from when I had my tent running with nothing in it right before the grow, since it hasnt dropped below 53% thats just the average between ac probe and the stand alone monitor I have inside the tent.

Almost 1 month in and things are looking good besides how short the Ayahuasca is. Nothing too new to report just a few pics.

Forbidden JellyView attachment 1648612
Shes looking really good and seems to thrive a bit more when I chop her big fan leaves. May top this one more time to provide some more cola sites, I have a feelinf this one is going to flower out nicely.

Mimosa x Orange Punch View attachment 1648613
Im really liking the structure on this plant, nodes are about 2-3 inches apart all over the plant making it very easy to inspect and work around. Will be clipping the big fan leaves off this one soon too.

Ayahuasca Purple View attachment 1648614
This one....I really dont know what so say about this one other than its just slow. Node spacing is super tight. Shes pushing out node 6 on the main stalk as she hasnt been topped. Im afraid topping her will halt growth completely. At about 6 inches tall she is a dwarf compared to her tent mates. Im hoping to see some super ridiculous stretch coming flowering cuz this the squattest plant Ive ever seen and Im thinking like I said before I think she just isnt favoring the environment. Not a good match for a grow cycle with the other 2.

Here are current conditionsView attachment 1648615
I know I said disregard vpd but I have the whole system calibrated so now its pretty accurate. Also heres a little environmental history data. This grow cycle seems to be showing a more even consistent temp and humidity overall.View attachment 1648616View attachment 1648617
The max temp never reached 81°F that actually just happened as the probe was sitting on top of my light while I was recalibrating the photone app. Also the lowest humidity was from when I had my tent running with nothing in it right before the grow, since it hasnt dropped below 53% thats just the average between ac probe and the stand alone monitor I have inside the tent.
Update. I decided to water today, even though the pots were heavy-ish, I wanted to see how much more water they could take before they started running off.

I also decided to give them a little, and I mean little kick of food just to see if it would help stimulate the Ayahuasca more, it has been slightly more pale in person than the others. I gave each about 1/4 of a normal feed it was 1.25 tsp of big bloom .75tsp grow big, .5tsp boomerang and .5 tsp root drench, which is actually about half, but I wanted to add microbes to help stimulate the roots on the Ayahuasca.

The Ayahuasca started running off at about .75 gallons but I gave her a full gallon anyway. Idk if it really matters but half was plain water and half was the feed. I figured that would keep it watered down enough.

The Forbidden Jelly surprised me and took a .75, again half plain half feed with just 3 drops coming out the bottom then stopping.

The Mimosa took about the same, again same procedure.

Im hoping this doesnt backfire on the Ayahuasca but only time will tell. I also wanted to give a little humidity bump to the tent.

Also I wanted to add that like I said in tge original post I calibrated my photone app today and bumped my light up another 10% and have it hanging at about 24" above the canopy. Took readings for ppfd and dli for 18hrs for each plant dead center of their canopies.

Mimosa x Orange Punch
Screenshot_20231124_205136_Photone.jpg
Screenshot_20231124_205147_Photone.jpg

Forbidden Jelly
Screenshot_20231124_205108_Photone.jpg
Screenshot_20231124_205117_Photone.jpg

Ayahuasca Purple
Screenshot_20231124_205046_Photone.jpg
Screenshot_20231124_205056_Photone.jpg

Its almost week 4 and Im trying to stick to the reccomended dli
Screenshot_20231122_121201_Chrome.jpg

1 month down
Today marks a month and I couldnt be happier with the way things are going.

To start I did some lst work on the Mimosa and Forbidden Jelly and I was able to get a top in on the Ayahuasca Purple, she is topped at node 6 and she took it well and recovered almost immediately. She is really cranking the sides branches out now, also trimmed those 2 big fan leaves of the Mimosa.

Ayahuasca Purple

These pics are from each side of the plant to show the branching
20231126_111547.jpg
20231126_111556.jpg

Going to be defoliating this one a teeny bit just to expose the lower branches to more light.

Mimosa x Orange Punch

Again rotated the pot to give a view of the whole plant. Did a lot of lst work on here and evened out the canopy prettt well.
20231126_111642.jpg
20231126_111645.jpg

Forbidden Jelly

Its hard to see the lst work on this bushy little girl but her nodes are alternating already so I assume she will start preflowering in the next couple weeks. This is the star of the tent, also the most expensive plant. Planning on flipping the ten when she is about 16 inches tall she stands about 8 to 10 right now, figure that will give me a pretty full tent between this one and the Mimosa. Hopefully the Ayahuasca catches up
20231126_111619.jpg
20231126_111631.jpg

I wish this one was as easy to train as the Mimosa though. This is as even as I could get everything without tearing branches.

Thanks for stopping by.

Today marks a month and I couldnt be happier with the way things are going.

To start I did some lst work on the Mimosa and Forbidden Jelly and I was able to get a top in on the Ayahuasca Purple, she is topped at node 6 and she took it well and recovered almost immediately. She is really cranking the sides branches out now, also trimmed those 2 big fan leaves of the Mimosa.

Ayahuasca Purple

These pics are from each side of the plant to show the branching
View attachment 1649068View attachment 1649069
Going to be defoliating this one a teeny bit just to expose the lower branches to more light.

Mimosa x Orange Punch

Again rotated the pot to give a view of the whole plant. Did a lot of lst work on here and evened out the canopy prettt well.View attachment 1649073View attachment 1649074

Forbidden Jelly

Its hard to see the lst work on this bushy little girl but her nodes are alternating already so I assume she will start preflowering in the next couple weeks. This is the star of the tent, also the most expensive plant. Planning on flipping the ten when she is about 16 inches tall she stands about 8 to 10 right now, figure that will give me a pretty full tent between this one and the Mimosa. Hopefully the Ayahuasca catches upView attachment 1649076View attachment 1649077
I wish this one was as easy to train as the Mimosa though. This is as even as I could get everything without tearing branches.

Thanks for stopping by.
I didnt notice it earlier and I dont know if it cuz of the food or the increase in light but a couple leaves are turning yellow on the tops, its about 1/3 of the leaf to the tip on the mimosa. Im guessing its the food.
20231126_170119.jpg
20231126_170057.jpg

It could be the light though, as its almost the newest set on the highest parts of the plant and with the mimosa being the tallest I just dont know. Ill see how the next couple days play out, if the tops continue yellowing I will raise the light up some and see if that make a difference

Also I noticed yesterday when I bumped up the power to 60% I forgot to put it on schedule again. I wish ac infinity would change the program so you could select the on off power values from any light program not just on and off.

Back