Photoperiod Old School Skunk

Skunk1
Skunk1 2 weeks old. Surprisingly uniform so far
IMG_20240406_202654995_HDR.jpg

So I've gotta figure out how to sex these plants since they're almost all regs. I've got roots coming out of most of the bags. Thinking about attempting to take clones in 2 weeks or so. Would it be worth it to take clones and then put them on 12/12 to sex or will these plants naturally show themselves in about the same amount of time? Planning on putting them in bigger pots and selecting once I know who's female :pass:

So I've gotta figure out how to sex these plants since they're almost all regs. I've got roots coming out of most of the bags. Thinking about attempting to take clones in 2 weeks or so. Would it be worth it to take clones and then put them on 12/12 to sex or will these plants naturally show themselves in about the same amount of time? Planning on putting them in bigger pots and selecting once I know who's female :pass:

As you probably know I don't know much about photo's but this may help not sure is this helps determine any earlier but I think they need 12/12 to sex :shrug::pass:

A pointy pre-flower is often a female calyx

Some of the time the stipules (green hair-like growths near where pre-flowers show up) will cross each other on female plants. This certainly doesn’t always happen, as you can see from the pics of female pre-flowers on this page, but while girls can go either way, male plants rarely have stipules that cross each other. So although crossed stipules cannot be used definitively as a way to identify female plants, it can be a small clue to help guide you when you’re not sure. For example, the following female pre-flower doesn’t have a pistil, but the long thin shape combined with the crossed stipules help indicate that this plant is a girl. Whenever in doubt, wait a week and look again!

When I want my photos to show sex I put them in 12/12. Usually within a week or so, they start showing. Then I cull and put them back in veg, 18/6. I've never had a problem using this method. :pass:

When I want my photos to show sex I put them in 12/12. Usually within a week or so, they start showing. Then I cull and put them back in veg, 18/6. I've never had a problem using this method. :pass:
That doesn't slow them down a lot? I read somewhere that it takes a couple of weeks to revert back to veg. That would seem like the easiest way though:pass:

That doesn't slow them down a lot? I read somewhere that it takes a couple of weeks to revert back to veg. That would seem like the easiest way though:pass:
It only slows them down till you put the back in veg. With photos there is no clock ticking so there's plenty of time to recover. The females usually show first. I've had success using this method dozens of times.

Back