Mephisto Genetics Organic Double Grape & Samsquanch

Rick Dirte'

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hey AFN. Time to sow some seed and grow next years crop. I took mid April to Oct 1 off to avoid having to run an a/c
in my room.
I dropped these seeds in ro water Sept 30 and planted Oct 1. They are in 5 gal fabric pots in my soil mix.
They are under a HLG 600R with an UVA light bar.

Week 1. Sam and Double Grape both popped Oct 2. Well water with yucca during 1st week. ( a little recharge once)

XvekBe6.jpg

Week 2. Well water with yucca (recharge once) and I start silica every watering.

Week 3. Same as 2.

Week 4. I added fish hydrolysate to the waterings. I want to give 1/2 tsp per plant per week so
I divide by 3. 4 ml per 5 gal, less than a tsp. Both plants started flowering end of week 4.

Sam 28 days.

hqWzR0E.jpg

fTIR9N8.jpg

Double Grape day 28.

zTB8qB0.jpg

Gon6pf4.jpg

End of week 5, today. Both plants had good growth this week.
I defoliated some this morning to open up center of plants and bottoms.
Both started flowering at the end of week 4.
First signs of flower I top dress each plant with 1 cup Blue Ribbon compost, 1 cup EWC,
1 tsp Flower Finisher and 1 tsp Bio Fish, 1 tbls ground neem pellets and 2 tbls insect frass.
I also add Liquid Weight, a blend of simple and complex carbohydrates, to the waterings after they flower.

Both day 35.

YCrSTgj.jpg

Sam day 35.

JLwGOyI.jpg

HxgFjXc.jpg

Double Grape day 35.

4uS8yG8.jpg

jLOEthQ.jpg

Thanks for looking. :peace: I'll post an update for week 6 next weekend.

Last edited:
End of week 6. Both plants grew well and are a decent size. I have defoliated a bunch this week concentrating on opening up the center of the plants.
It cooled off here so I raised the lights and put them at 80%. Still just Water, yucca, silica, Liquid Weight and a little over 1/2 tbls fish hydrolysate per plant per week. Recharge every other watering.

Bringing on the bud.

6LLJ2QY.jpg

Samsquanch day 42. She set a lot of bud this week.

g8rep5g.jpg

8ajxSwT.jpg

Double Grape day 42.

y41EVEa.jpg

3XS5SJX.jpg

so5se5M.jpg

Thanks for checking out my grow. I'll post a week 7 update next weekend.:peace:

Last edited:
End of week 7. All plants are doing well. Stretch is mostly done and flowers are building. I watered 4 times this past week.
2 with fish hydrolysate and switched to Flower Finisher for Thursday and today.

I have still been defoliating daily. Pinching blockers and keeping the centers open.

Double Grape left and Samsquanch right.

pnAw1rW.jpg

Double Grape day 49.

WEvAcr8.jpg

ZgU3KIl.jpg

Samsquanch day 49.

FTPnpUi.jpg

djXortt.jpg

Thanks for looking. I'll grab some more pics next weekend. :hookah:

End of week 8. Both girls are doing fine on the Flower Finisher, filling out and building bud.
I topped dressed at day 50. FF, Bio Fish, EWC and Blue Ribbon compost.
Had a bag of Hardy Gro Ultra Bio from last grow left over so I'll use it up every other watering.

Double Grape & Samsquanch day 56, together from a couple angles. Biggest Double Grape I've grown, out of 6 or 7.
Sam ain't looking bad either.

DVO7QbS.jpg

goD5Bjr.jpg

Double Grape day 56.

dEyVDmQ.jpg

Samsquanch day 56.

sOsBiAu.jpg

9tP9ypd.jpg

Thanks for stopping by. I'll update next weekend. :pass:

I wanna try Mephisto my next run but what to try? And I wanna get a HLG so nice find over here. Looking good!!!! How you like Mep and HLG ?

Hey Norway what’s up? I love Mephisto. So many good strains. Double Grape is very consistent and always frosty for me. Might be a good one to start with, easy grow. I also like CDLC and Samsquanch is some good smoke.

I really like my 600R. The spectrum is fantastic, grows beautiful bud. Easy to hang and work around. Dimmable so good for lots of situations.

Here’s hoping your part of the world can find peace again soon. :peace:

Hey Norway what’s up? I love Mephisto. So many good strains. Double Grape is very consistent and always frosty for me. Might be a good one to start with, easy grow. I also like CDLC and Samsquanch is some good smoke.

I really like my 600R. The spectrum is fantastic, grows beautiful bud. Easy to hang and work around. Dimmable so good for lots of situations.

Thanks man! I really wanna get HLG. It is my only option here (there are other brands ... not the best of them) and all I hope is a Christmas discount cause they have some nasty prices.

Thanks man! I really wanna get HLG. It is my only option here (there are other brands ... not the best of them) and all I hope is a Christmas discount cause they have some nasty prices.
A little pricey but well worth it. Quality plus durability. You’ll be able to grow a lot of weed with it.

Double Grape is hard to beat and a frost monster.
Fugue State is another stout girl for a sativa heavy bud, but great structure.

Back