Organic Growers: Please remember the vibe

J

Joe Dirt

There's only one extra favor I would ask of those who contribute to the organics section: Most of you are among our most accomplished growers. Members will come to learn, and the different mindset going from chem/fert grows to organics can be a little bit hard to get the head around at first. Please be patient.

We all have individual needs and desires. Some people will never have any interest in organic growing and that is their call. Let's do our best to respect each other, whether we agree on grow methods or not. :peace:

:thumbs: I concur!

And that said... Organics nutes tend to take a little longer to take effect... so pre-planning is neccesary... i find even with a well bubbled guano tea it takes 7 days or so for the resultant growth spurt to begin... :smokeit:

A few basics for good canna (MY Opinion)
Earth worm castings! indisposable!
peruvian sea bird guano (great veg / stem strength fert)
Mexican bat guano (to help balance NPK ratios on peruvian as its a hair high in the P dept...)
sea salt (yes from the store) many many trace nutrients in this stuff... the tiniest pinch is all thats really needed each watering or every other...
Epsom salts (magnesium)
molasses (calcium / magnesium as well as essential carbs for good bud building)

just a lil start... couldnt resist chiming in on one of my favorite topics!

:smokeit:

:peace: little pig.gif

Im starting my first grow as we speak im in the processes of finishing up the set up for my room but im still stumped on weather im going to go completly organic or go with the use of chemicals. I was wondering if you had any pointers or what your opinion on the two are.

:thumbs: I concur!

And that said... Organics nutes tend to take a little longer to take effect... so pre-planning is neccesary... i find even with a well bubbled guano tea it takes 7 days or so for the resultant growth spurt to begin... :smokeit:

A few basics for good canna (MY Opinion)
Earth worm castings! indisposable!
peruvian sea bird guano (great veg / stem strength fert)
Mexican bat guano (to help balance NPK ratios on peruvian as its a hair high in the P dept...)
sea salt (yes from the store) many many trace nutrients in this stuff... the tiniest pinch is all thats really needed each watering or every other...
Epsom salts (magnesium)
molasses (calcium / magnesium as well as essential carbs for good bud building)

just a lil start... couldnt resist chiming in on one of my favorite topics!

:smokeit:

Excellent post...I also can't resist and must chime,

When growing with a living medium it must remembered, that you are not feeding the plant...your feeding the soil.
There is insane amount of microbes in just one table spoon of living soil..
These little guys eat and digest whichever amendments and teas you might use in your regimen,they even eat each other,after digestion these microbes release exudates (microbe manure) ,it's these exudates that your the plants use and convert into energy.

This is also why JM said it can take sometimes up to 7 days to see your tea starting to work...

Chem ferts act much faster,it is advised to take into account the delay when using organic's..if you don't see result in the first few days...BE PATIENT..
It's is harder to overfeed using organics...but it is still possible...patience is virtue.

we wouldn't want anyone going gungho and overfeeding the ladies....organics can be very simple or over complicated it all depends on your approach.

I suggest anyone interested in organics should read Jeff Lowenfels Teaming with Microbes...an excellent read.

There's is a whole other world out there....and it's right under our feet.

:thumbs: :clap: off to a great start already! :dance2: :dance: :smokebuds: :jump: :booya: :clap:

Here let me add this link

www.microbeorganics.com

I learned a lot of my organic knowledge on compost teas and vermiculture from here it is like the bible of microbes.

Last edited:
Nice to see some different approaches to organics I'm going to check out Teaming with microbes book you recommended. I've been reading soil microbiology, Ecology, and biochemistry. By Eldor A.Paul this is my first post ever online. I'm currently growing White LSD Auto any advice on food for the microbiology in the soil I'm trying slow release nutrients like fish bone meal, Alfalfa meal, and Kelp meal. I'm also using super bat bud swel and aguave sugar in the raw with Epson salt I ph all my water to 6.3 to help support fungi cultures I've add to the soil.

Last edited:
Back