Outdoor Strategies

Hi fellas, hopefully going to be adding some autos to my guerilla grow this year. i am in the uk at 54 lat so its not easy but possible.Any suggestions for strains would be good, and pots or not?. i know the probs pots can cause re watering etc but the spot i have in mind will be ok to get to. Good luck all for 2011

Hello mate how did u get on with water timetable in the uk, would it be twice a week or more lol. Also have u grown in litre pots an then planted outside or best to plant seed

Heres a space saving technique for outdoor autos - which is tiering pots to create more space for roots. Its not practical for guerilla growers to start off in 20 litre pots but 10 litres isnt so bad as they dont weigh much when full and they fit into shopping bags easy. Someone on here a while ago gave a tip for going to supermarkets or petrol stations or wherever they sell cheap flowers and getting 10 litre buckets for free or getting stacks for little money as they dont keep or use them. So for each pot you need 2 buckets, cut the bottom out of one and the other cut about 2 inches from the bottom, this gives you a cup to fit over the other one and then when planting out you just remove the cup and plant. When moving and carrying always hold by the bottom !
View attachment 475007
View attachment 475008
View attachment 475010
This is an auto Mazar that was put out in June, think its been out a week or 2 in this pic. I use 50 litre planters to tier into, i only put 20 litres of compost in the bottom and some gravel from the river at the bottom. It gives good protection from insects and rodents too and helps with mould prevention by lifting the plants away from the ground.
View attachment 475009
Same plant last week and we've had the worst summer in 30 years in some parts of the uk!
Foremost sorry I know this is an old thread. Now curious how did the Mazar end up doing outside, is that a strain that could be recommended as a good candidate for outdoor grows? When I ask that I also wonder strain specific does the Mazar require much to be optimal outdoors, or is it a situation where if my outdoor garden is up to par, then I can just let nature do her thing and still have a good result.

I'm using 50/50 mix of coco and ffof, but was wondering if I can go strait coco for maybe the bottom 1/3 or even the bottom half of my holes to save on fox farm soil. I got plenty of coco to use. I just want to make sure there's enough soil to buffer my ph somewhat. My holes are 2ft by 2ft lined with white garbage bags and 2 cups of lime per hole. I'm also using approx. 1 cup of water storing crystals per hole. 25 total holes, with at least 5 holes for autos. I also just germed my seeds and have them in containers with humidity dome. Photoperiod seeds included are: Strain Hunters Money Maker, Blimburn seeds C99, Female seeds White Widow x Big Bud and Bubblegummer. Free seeds: Dinafem OG Kush, Cheese and Afghani regular seeds. Not sure which autos I'm going to run yet, but I have some on hand that are suppose to be ok for outdoors.

Last edited:
I've been having problems with animals such as feral pigs, digging up the roots of the plants to get iron or something... just killed a plant last week and dug up others that are okay but not fully back on their feet just yet.

Anyone know ways to prevent or deter animals from digging up the roots for minerals and such???
If you are using organic fertilizers in your soil such as bloodmeal bonemeal fish meal etc. this is a very attractive smell to animals looking for an easy meal. A whole array of animals can damage your plants that is why I always use chickenwire for the first month and also use moth balls scattered around my plants Mothballs will keep everything away. Using mothballs I don't think the chickenwire is even necessary but I like to be extra safe. Ever since I have been using this combination I have not had a plant eaten or dug up or damaged by any kind of rodents.

If you are using organic fertilizers in your soil such as bloodmeal bonemeal fish meal etc. this is a very attractive smell to animals looking for an easy meal. A whole array of animals can damage your plants that is why I always use chickenwire for the first month and also use moth balls scattered around my plants Mothballs will keep everything away. Using mothballs I don't think the chickenwire is even necessary but I like to be extra safe. Ever since I have been using this combination I have not had a plant eaten or dug up or damaged by any kind of rodents.
Good Info.... Nice one.... [/QUOTE]

Good info.... Thanks.... :slap:

Damn, I just spent two hours on google maps scouting out spots for guerrilla patches and all i can say is, this is going to hurt. I found a couple of spots on the flood plains that seem to be covered on every side by eight foot tall black berries for a hundred feet or so. I figure if someone can burrow through that shit and find my plants they earned em. I'm going to need about 50-100 feet of tubing for irrigation, half a dozen blocks of coir, gallon zip of dolomite lime, and another gallon bag or two of dry nutes. All organic of course, I don't shit(chemicals) where I grow. My Plan is recover a 10-12 foot plank from a near by dilapidated house and use it to "leap frog" to the middle of the patch or 35 feet, whichever comes first. From there I'll unwind the tube and burrow under the patch with it until I get close to the edge. From there I'll use a stick to feed the end of the tube out to my partner who will be keeping an eye out during the whole process. He'll attach the tube to a three gallon bucket with a hole close to the bottom and make runs to a near by water source to feed me water as I need it to expand the coir bricks. while they're expanding in a bucket or tarp pond I'll be busy cursing and clearing out an 8x6 patch or so. Don't want it too large, greed gets you caught in these parts. Once that's done I'll get to work digging the roots out of the ground and plowing it up. Mind you this is a flood plain with black soil about 16 inches down so I don't have to worry about getting compost. I'll mix everything in and put the girls in the ground. About six Bluebonic Guerrillas. I'll then take the end of the tube and stake that fucker down secure right in the middle of the patch. After that if i don't pass the fuck out from exhaustion I'll use the plank to leap frog out from a different side so as not to crush the plants down too much. When all is said and done there will be no trail and the plants will be surrounded on every side with 8 foot tall 35 foot deep blackberries on every side. All we have to do is come back once every two weeks or so and dig the end of that tube out of the bush, plug it in the bucket and feed nutes and water through it in a bastardized flatland browndirt method.

Like I said, this is going to fucking hurt. A LOT. Ahh the ambition of youth.

You're a legend, @Mr Piggy, a real f*cking legend.
Got to read to the end of the thread to see the result....

Anyone new to autos outdoors guerrilla style, like me?
Check out this thread. It's worth the time.
Thanks all contributors for sharing their wisdom and experience.

Last year I grew in 3 gallon pots outside. It was absolutely awful. I had to water everyday in the heat of the summer. The slow side was about every three days. Still too much for a stealthy grow. The second half of the summer I dug into the clay slab that area is on and filled the holes with potting mix. I dug good sized holes and amended with espoma tomato food. Unfortunately the autos I dug them holes for did not make it. But the long season girls like the holes pretty good. The clay when dug out holds it shape really well.
It is like making an inverted pot out of clay.

So this year I am planning on diggin into the clay again hopefully I can get something figured out with amending the clay cause buying potting mix for each hole sucks.

Anyone else here in the clay? If so how did you find out any fixes for it.....short of years of addin compost to make the soil right. I need something I can get in and out.
I recently did the same thing, instead of making individual holes I just dug a ditch long enough.check out my youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8Ak7rSMk4nhe_RXe7mdLPA

I have grown autoflowers outdoors for 3 years. Next year I will be back at it.

40-50 grow bags at 27 liter
32 bags of soil at 40 liters per bag
Bio bizz liquid Fertilizer
750 liter water tank

That's the basic setup. But for now winter is coming so it's all indoors.

Going to run all Mephisto strains feminised.
Next year is going to be my biggest and hopefully most successful grow.

Back