sagebisonburger4-610x300.jpg

Ingredients
For the burgers

1lb Ground Bison
2 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
salt and pepper, to taste
1-2 tablespoons choice of fat (I used bacon fat)

For the chutney

5-6 slices bacon, diced
1 red onion, diced
1 apple, cored and diced
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons water
pinch of salt

Instructions

Place large skillet under medium heat and add diced bacon. Cook down until bacon is completely cooked through, then place cooked bacon on a plate with a paper towel and leave 2-3 tablespoons of bacon fat in the pan.
Then add your diced onion to the hot pan and cook down until translucent.
Next add your apple and mix with onion and cover to let cook for 4-5 minutes.
Then add your balsamic vinegar and water and a bit of salt and thoroughly mix together until the balsamic vinegar is completely incorporated in.
While your chutney is finishing cooking, mix your burger ingredients together in a bowl.
Make 4 burger patties and place burgers in a skillet under medium heat with 1-2 tablespoons of your choice of fat.
Cook on both sides for about 5-8 minutes or until cooked to preference.
Place chutney on top of burgers and consume!!

Soft & Chewy Double Chocolate Cookies

How can you not love these :drool:
IMG_16201-610x300.jpg

Ingredients

• 1 cup thick almond butter (I used Barney Butter Smooth Almond Butter because it’s similar to thick nut butters. If you use too oily, the cookies won’t come together. You were warned.)
  • 1 cup coconut sugar
  • 1 egg, whisked
  • ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • pinch of salt
  • ¼-1/2 cup Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together almond butter and coconut sugar using a large spoon. Then add egg and mix again until well combined.
  3. Add ¼ cup of cocoa powder at a time. At this point, I used my hands to incorporate the cocoa powder into the dough. Add all the cocoa powder and completely combine.
  4. Then add baking soda, vanilla, salt and chocolate chips and combined until everything is well mixed. This was all hands for me. It’s a dirty job, but someone has to do it. (This should be a very thick dough at this point. If it’s not, you need a thicker almond butter like I said before).
  5. Use a cookie scoop to scoop out around 2 tablespoons of dough and make into a round ball. Place on silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet. This dough will create 13-15 cookies that size.
  6. Once you’ve placed all the balled dough onto the baking sheet, use a fork to press the cookies down just slightly. No need to really flatten them out, just get them to look more cookie shape instead of ball shape. If you press them down too much, they’ll come apart when they bake so be careful.
  7. Place baking sheet into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
  8. Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes until removing from baking sheet to place on cooling rack. If you try to remove these from the baking sheet early, they will come apart. So don’t be stupid here. Patience is a virtue.
  9. Eat up!

Chicken Enchilada Bake

A must try :check:

IMG_1594-610x300.jpg

Ingredients

coconut oil, for greasing baking dish
1 pound cooked, shredded chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken)
1 (14 ounce) can El Pato enchilada sauce
1 (6 ounce) can of diced green chiles
1 orange bell pepper, seeded and diced (or any color you like)
¼ red onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ teaspoon chili powder
¼ teaspoon dried oregano
salt and pepper, to taste
3 eggs, whisked
cilantro, to garnish
goat cheese, to garnish (optional)

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8×8 glass baking dish.
In a large bowl, add shredded chicken, enchilada sauce, green chiles, bell pepper, onion, garlic, chili powder, oregano, and salt and pepper. (feel free to be generous with the salt) and mix well.
Then add eggs and mix well to incorporate.
Pour mixture into baking dish.
Place in oven and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Check at 1 hour to see if eggs have completely cooked through and cook extra 15 minutes, if needed.
Let rest for 5 minutes then garnish with goat cheese (optional) and cilantro.

I'm in heaven! :You are an Angel..:
Root, did your pancakes this morning, with maple bacon on the side. :bow:
Dub, we're going for the enchiladas tonight with scratch enchilada sauce, but gonna try to tweak it by using your tortilla recipe
to make layers.
Red Likes! "Paleo"

Caramel Donut & Ice Cream Topped Chocolate Birthday Cupcakes

Ingredients
For the cupcakes

1 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (or other dark chocolate chips)
½ cup grass fed butter (or coconut oil)
½ cup coconut flour
½ cup tapioca flour
5 eggs, whisked
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon baking soda
pinch of salt

For the donuts

6 dried medjool dates, pitted
½ cup applesauce
¼ cup melted coconut oil
4 eggs, whisked
⅓ cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt

For the caramel

Primal Palate Soft Caramel Recipe

For the ice cream

Your choice of ice cream (I used Vanilla Coconut Bliss Ice Cream or you could make your own vanilla ice cream)

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Melt chocolate chips and butter in a large bowl in a double boiler or in the microwave until smooth and well combine.
Stir in coconut flour, tapioca flour, eggs, vanilla, baking soda and salt. Combine until well mixed.
Use an ice cream scoop to add a scoop of batter to each muffin tin. I used a silicone muffin liner, but feel free to use a regular muffin tin with liners. Fill each tin ½ full. This should make 10-12 cupcakes.
Place in oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until cooked through. Then remove from oven, place on cooling rack and let cool completely.
While the cupcakes cool, begin to make the donuts. Place dried dates in a food processor and pulse to break down. Then add applesauce, melted coconut oil, and eggs to the food processor and puree until smooth.
Add coconut flour, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder, and a pinch of salt and puree once more until combine.
*To make the donuts easy to pour and keep them a round shape, place donut puree into a plastic bag or pastry bag, cut the end off of the plastic bag so you can squeeze to mixture in a circle in the donut maker.
Heat up a mini donut maker, grease the donut maker maker or pan, and use the bag to squeeze about 2 tablespoons of the mixture into each donut round.
Cook for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through. This should make 10-12 donuts.
Remove donuts once cooked through and let rest and cool on a wire rack.
Lastly, make the caramel while the donuts are cooking and cooling. Find the recipe here.
Once caramel is done cooking and is thick, place in a shallow bowl for easy dipping.
Now time to make the cupcakes. Start stacking: a cupcake, topped with a scoop of ice cream, then dip each top of a donut into the caramel and place on top of ice cream.
Serve immediately!
IMG_15251-610x300.jpg

Simple Blueberry Lemon Birthday Cake

IMG_0025-610x300.jpg
Ingredients
For the cake(s)

• ⅔ cup coconut flour, sifted
  • 5 eggs
  • ⅓ cup carton almond milk (you could also use coconut milk)
  • ¼ cup raw honey
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • juice of 2 lemons
  • 1 teaspoon lemon zest
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • pinch of salt
  • ½ cup fresh blueberries
  • 1-2 tablespoon coconut oil (for greasing pans)
For the frosting

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Sift your coconut flour into a bowl. If you do not have a sifter, that’s fine, just try to get rid of the coconut flour clumps by pressing down a fork through the flour.
  3. Add eggs and almond milk and either use a spoon to mix well or a hand mixer. Mix until smooth.
  4. Then add the honey, vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest, baking soda, and a pinch of salt. Mix well to combine.
  5. Then fold in your blueberries carefully.
  6. Grease your springform pans with coconut oil. I used two 4 inch springform pans. Cute little guys (got them on Joann’s Fabrics). You could also make these into muffins/cupcakes or maybe into one small/thin round cake!
  7. Pour the mixture into the two greased pans.
  8. Place on a baking sheet for even baking. And into the oven to bake for 35-40 minutes or until slightly brown on the top and cooked through in the middle. Do the toothpick test to check.
  9. Let cake cool before removing them from the stringform pan.
  10. While cakes are cooling, mix together the melted coconut butter, lemon juice, and honey until well mixed.
  11. Pour frosting on top of cakes. Then eat. Because that’s what you do with cakes.

Chocolate Coffee Banana Donuts

IMG_0708-610x300.jpg
Ingredients

• 3 bananas
  • 5 dates, pitted
  • 3 eggs
  • ¼ cup coconut flour
  • ⅛ cup honey
  • 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • ¼ teaspoon baking soda
  • ¼ teaspoon baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • ½ cup dark chocolate chips, melted
  • 1 teaspoons ground coffee
  • coarse sea salt (to top donuts-optional)

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Place bananas, honey, and dates in a food processor and blend until smooth.
  3. Then add the eggs, coconut flour, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda and powder, and salt to your food processor and puree until completely combined.
  4. Grease your donut pan and pour ingredients into pan. My ingredients made 6 perfect donuts.
  5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until completely cooked through (poke a toothpick through one to make sure it comes out clean.
  6. Let cool.
  7. Once donuts are cool, melt your chocolate in a shallow bowl and mix in your ground coffee.
  8. Now dip the top of your donut directly into the melted chocolate, then top with a bit of coarse sea salt.

Pumpkin Cheesecake

pumpkin-cheesecake3-610x300.jpg
Ingredients
For the crust

• 1 cup almond butter
  • 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
  • ⅔ cup walnuts
  • 1 heaping tablespoon Coconut Cream Concentrate or homemade coconut butter
  • 1 heaping tablespoon raw honey
  • pinch of salt
For the filling

• 1.5 cups roasted, unsalted cashews
  • ½ cup coconut oil
  • ½ cup raw honey
  • 2-3 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 5-6 tablespoons canned coconut milk
For the topping

• ½ cup pumpkin puree
  • 2 tablespoons coconut milk
  • 1 tablespoon raw honey
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
  • ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
  • ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
  • pinch of salt

Instructions

1. Let’s first make the crust!! Add walnuts to your food processor and blend until you get a meal, almost a walnut butter. Then add the rest of your crust ingredients and blend until well combined.
  2. Add crust mixture to an 8×8 glass baking dish lined with saran wrap, press down until evenly distributed and smooth on the top.
  3. Wipe out the inside of your food processor, no need to scrub, then add your cashews and blend until you begin to get a clumpy mess.
  4. Then add your coconut oil, lemon juice, vanilla extract and honey and puree until well combined.
  5. And lastly, add your coconut milk, 1 tablespoon at a time to break down the cashews completely. I used about 5 or 6 tablespoons for mine until the cashews became this soupy paste.
  6. Pour your filling onto the crust and use a knife or spoon to spread mixture throughout the entire pan, covering the crust, then place in the freezer for about 1-2 hours or until completely hard.
  7. When you cheesecake is almost hardened, add all topping ingredients to a food processor and mix until smooth and silky.
  8. Smooth out on top of your cheesecake.
  9. Place it freezer for about 30 minutes until everything has set.
  10. Cut cheesecake into cheesecake slices like I did OR bars, any size you want. The saran wrap will help you pull them out without destroying their gorgeous looks. Just pull on the side of the saran wrap and it will pop right out.
  11. Eat. Eat and remember how wonderful it is to be paleo.
  12. PALEO IS AWESOME!

Carrot Cake Donuts

IMG_0404-610x300.jpg
Ingredients

• 3 large carrots, shredded
  • ½ cup sunflower seed butter
  • 4 eggs
  • 3 tablespoons coconut flour
  • 2 tablespoons raw honey
  • 1 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon nutmeg
  • ½ teaspoon ginger
  • ¼ teaspoon cloves
  • ½ teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • ⅛ cup chopped walnuts (optional-do not use for nut free version)
  • ⅛ cup raisins (optional)
For the frosting

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Shred carrots using your shredding attachment with your food processor or cheese grater.
  3. Add your carrots to a large bowl and add sunflower seed butter, vanilla extract, and honey, mix well.
  4. Then add your eggs and mix into a soupy mess.
  5. Lastly add your coconut flour, baking soda and powder, and the rest of your spices. If you’d like to use raisins and walnuts, add those as well.
  6. Place mixture in your greased donut pan. Mine mixture made 6 donuts.
  7. Bake for 23-25 minutes.
  8. Let cool.
  9. Top donuts off with coconut butter, almonds, and a bit of zested carrot.
  10. Eat em. OMG.

Everybody ...You are in for a treat!:Medibles:

Thank you, DubV, for moving the Paleo recipes thread here.
Would it be possible for you to give us a brief introduction to the Paleo Lifestyle, or a link?
:Cheers me Dears:
To me, the Paleo Lifestyle is Food being your Medicine.
When you eat right, your body has what it needs and thrives.
images

Reactions: Nan
Back