Paleo Recipes

NO bake Strawberry cheese cake
paleocheesecake.jpg

One for the sweet tooth, and it is just plain awesome! You can also use any berries to your liking and blueberries are a great option! Here we go...

For the crust-

1 cup pecans
1 cup almonds
6 pitted medjool dates
2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
pinch of salt

Filling-

3 cups cashews soaked
1/3 cup coconut oil melted
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup strawberries(other berries optional)

Optional-
5 cups Strawberries(other berries optional)
1/3 cup maple syrup
dash of vanilla

Instructions-

1)place dates in a bowl of water for 10 minutes, rinse and set aside.

2) to make the crust, prep a 9 inch pan and spray with coconut oil. Pulse finely, almonds and pecans in food processor, add dates, coconut flakes and salt and blend together. Press mixture into pan and up the sides, place in freezer until chilled.

3)Filling-drain and rinse the soaked cashews, place honey, salt, cashews, vanilla, lemon juice and coconut oil and blend until smooth like batter and add the strawberries until smooth.

4) Pour the filliing on top of the chilled crust. Place in the freezer for 2 hours to harden.

5) Arrange 4 cups of the sliced strawberries on top. Take 1 cup of the sliced strawberries and put in sauce pan and add the maple syrup, vanilla and 1/3 cup water. Bring it to a simmer. Strain the berries off to make a sauce and let it cool, drizzle it over the top of the cheese cake and serve it cold.

This recipe was taken off of the Grubs Paleo web site. The have some great recipes. Here is the link for anyone wanting some different recipes...:thumbs:

http://paleogrubs.com/

Bring one. Bring all.. Here is the home for Paleo recipes and links to recipes :check:

Let me get this started with Mrs Dub's famous...

Paleo snickerdoodles
Ingredients:
1/4 cup softened/almost melted butter/ ghee / or canna butter
About 20 pitted dates (I just use a whole box of the Champion Dried Fruit dates they sell in Wal-mart)
1/8 tsp powdered stevia leaf extract (optional.. it's sweet enough without this)
1/4 tsp cinnamon + a little to sprinkle
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp + 1/8 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup almond meal/flour
1/3 cup coconut flour
coconut sugar (optional)

Directions:
No need to preheat the oven yet. Pulse the dates in a food processor until chopped, then puree until it turns into a big ball of date paste. Mix the paste and the butter/ ghee together, and slowly add in all other ingredients. Mix until a nice dough forms. Place teaspoon size balls of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet (makes 24). Flatten the balls of dough. Sprinkle tops with a little cinnamon and coconut sugar, and place in the fridge. Now you can preheat the oven to 330. When the oven is ready (mine usually takes about 10 minutes), bake cookies for 10 minutes. They will appear to be slightly under-done when you pull them out. Let them cool completely on the tray before storing. They are best if kept in the fridge.

Made a batch of these this evening

WP_20170318_002.jpg

3:30 left on that... I'll take pics when they are done :stir:

All done and cooling down!

WP_20170318_004.jpg

Made tonight's batch with canna infused coconut oil instead of canna butter

WP_20170521_001.jpg

Just ate two! :coffee: Will report back tomorrow...in theory they should be stronger.

Have to say... After the last wreck I have had a ton of trouble with my left elbow. I have to wear a compression sleeve daily now as its still slowly healing up... But these little cookies make us feel no pain and sleep like a dream! Our favorite way to eat cannabis now...

:cheers: :pass:

Back