Pk lockout/ pH issue

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Critical Jack
This helped me out alot in my current situation thanks.

No... You will want to start reading and learning about how and why "nutrient lock out" happens in soil. Too much of certain nutrients will lock out or block other nutrients. Making them unavailable to the plant. This happens when the soil is over fed and has too much of something in it. When plants show deficiencies, it doesn't automatically mean that the plant needs more of that nutrient. Especially when your feeding nutrients with every watering. That's how you know it's not a true deficiency, because you are feeding the plant nitrogen every watering so you know there is a good amount of nitrogen in the soil.. But for some reason the plant can't take in the nitrogen. That's either because the ph is out of range, or because too much of another nutrient has blocked/locked out the nitrogen. Too much potassium (k) will lockout nitrogen. You can check the nutrient level of the soil with a ppm meter.

Flushing is usually done in soil. It's done less in coco, but soil is where flushing is common. And the purpose of flushing is to correct issues like this. Flushing is used to correct ph and ppm issues in the soil. So it's something I would definitely do, or consider doing (if you have the proper ph/ppm meters). Unfortunately the problem will continue to spread until the plant has access to nitrogen. Foliar spray is the fastest solution. But to correct the issue, you will need to check the ppms of the run off and probably flush the ppms until they are down to a reasonable number. If you just keep using only plain water, you will be depriving the plant of all of the other nutrients it needs at this stage.. Which will just cause more deficiencies to show. The solution is check the ppms of the run off....Flush the soil until the ppms are in a reasonable range... Then start feeding nutes again at half strength. One of the biggest mistakes new growers make is with the feeding schedules. You do not need to add nutrients every time you water the plant. Most growers actually only "feed" the plant a few times a week. The most common schedule is the Feed-Water-Water-Feed routine. Which means you "feed" or use nutes one day.. Then the next two times only use plain water.. Then it's back to nutrients.. This is how you avoid nutrient lock out in the soil. By using plain water in between the nutrients.
Here are some charts that I've been using for years.. Maybe they can help you a little.
View attachment 1161318View attachment 1161319View attachment 1161320

Hi guys I'm in late flower im between 85 and 90 days. I just run 10 litres of plain water through this girl yesterday as the ppm was 8000+ which probably doest mean a whole lot for organic grow in soil that wasn't watered to run off. I got that down to about 2500 and left it. I currently don't have anything to test the soil pH so out of ideas on what to do so close to harvest. When I think back the buds weren't progressing much the last couple weeks.

I am in a 15 liter airpot with biobizz light mix soil, using 200 watts of cob LED and biobizz nutrients. Also the environment is fine it's 78 Fahrenheit during the day and 68 at night with humidity staying between 40-55.

I have a pH pen and organic pH+- so would it be worth while doing some more flushing then correct the pH of nutes being added?

I did add a pk booster Canna pk 13/14 around day 65 which could we'll have screwed things. 2 waters ago I gave just 1ml per litre grow heaven and biobloom. I used general organics bio bud bloom booster for 3-4 feeds could this possibly screw things up?

If you look at the last image it started like this at the main cola 1.5 weeks ago and has progressed.

I seem to have panicked after doing research and calmed down I have realised it can only be a soil pH problem as plant was healthy all along and given sufficient bloom nutes so only thing could be is she can't assimilate the pk. Having given 10 l water yesterday I'll wait until she dries out again and flush properly if symptoms get worse as I only ran 2/3 the volume of the pot through. I could then add some algamic and small amount of bloom for a feed or two before some plain water to finish does that sound like a sensible approach?

Attachments

• IMG_20200229_093900754.jpg
    IMG_20200229_093900754.jpg
    611.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20200229_093854143.jpg
    IMG_20200229_093854143.jpg
    567.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20200229_093841691.jpg
    IMG_20200229_093841691.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20200222_192704334.jpg
    IMG_20200222_192704334.jpg
    465.8 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
"One of the biggest mistakes new growers make is with the feeding schedules. You do not need to add nutrients every time you water the plant. Most growers actually only "feed" the plant a few times a week. The most common schedule is the Feed-Water-Water-Feed routine. Which means you "feed" or use nutes one day.. Then the next two times only use plain water.. Then it's back to nutrients.. This is how you avoid nutrient lock out in the soil. By using plain water in between the nutrients. "

Is that true with

"One of the biggest mistakes new growers make is with the feeding schedules. You do not need to add nutrients every time you water the plant. Most growers actually only "feed" the plant a few times a week. The most common schedule is the Feed-Water-Water-Feed routine. Which means you "feed" or use nutes one day.. Then the next two times only use plain water.. Then it's back to nutrients.. This is how you avoid nutrient lock out in the soil. By using plain water in between the nutrients. "

Is that true with

Thanks man what I will do is implement this for my next grow after the stretch I will do feed water water feed. It's just lockout or nute burn hasn't shown up until at least 65-70 days using the biobizz and plants looked vibrant and healthy up to this point and seem to be benefitting from feeding everytime it's only when bud formation starts problems start creeping in. I think the switch from veg to flowering and the plants different needs is what caused the problem so this way I will have the nutes reduced in the soil by the time the bud formation starts.

Hmmmm, that's odd. Actually, I was quoting a reply from someone else but that reply seems to have disappeared.
I was asking Is that true with coco? Cause I've been having the same issue.

Hmmmm, that's odd. Actually, I was quoting a reply from someone else but that reply seems to have disappeared.
I was asking Is that true with coco? Cause I've been having the same issue.

She is looking really good now day 90 she has recovered nicely thanks to plain water and some biobizz algamic. Looking forward to smoking this deliciously fruity strain it smells delicious

Attachments

• IMG_20200304_075239480.jpg
    IMG_20200304_075239480.jpg
    746.8 KB · Views: 47
She is looking really good now day 90 she has recovered nicely thanks to plain water and some biobizz algamic. Looking forward to smoking this deliciously fruity strain it smells delicious
bravo shes a beauty and your gonna be partying hard with her id imagine :toke: :smoking::pass:

bravo shes a beauty and your gonna be partying hard with her id imagine :toke: :smoking::pass:

I sure will :smoking: I am actually happy this happened to me because now I have the knowledge to hopefully prevent a lockout from occuring in future and if I don't prevent it from happening atleast I can resolve it without freaking out next time.

Back