Indoor R Wayne's Can't Stop Wont Stop Grow

Was able to transplant the jiffy pellets into the pots today, all seeds had popped all the way out or were really close. 2 of them had tap roots already sticking out, I ripped the netting off of the 2 that didnt per @DCLXVI advice. I also used a shot glass to cut nice holes for the Jiffy pellets. Its funny cause i grabbed the biggest shot glass we have, realized it was too big for the Jiffy pellets. Had to go back and find the normal sized shot glass. My good ol' alcoholism popping up everywhere...the bigger the better...not always I suppose, just with joints :smoking: I put Mycos directly in the hole before putting the jiffy pellet in. I always like to add mycos to the soil mix and again whenever I add the seed or transplant. Give them a little head start.

I also gave the sprouts a couple sprays from my spray bottle. I usually do this if the sprouts still have their helmet on, usually seems to help loosen it a bit. Now I did give each 2gal pot about 1/4 of a gallon of water with the quillaja in it to fully saturate them. I also use a 1 gal sprayer to water, seems to help distribute the water more evenly. So I'll keep an eye on them, but dont intend to water again for a few days. From what Ive read, rain science bags allow more air flow, which in turn dries them out quicker. Just have to be patient and check on them a few times a day.

View attachment 1525429View attachment 1525430View attachment 1525431

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you AFNers have a great day!
:bighug:
Great Pictures :smoking:

Weekly update Day 4:
Im going to try to make my weekly updates on Thursdays to coincide with my outdoor grow updates. All 4 plants seem to have taken the transplant well. The Black Strap hadn't quite popped its head out when I transplanted and was looking a little sad the first 2 days. It has since perked up, but I thought that it might not make it. Im glad it has since recovered.

I've been lightly spraying the top of the soil with a spray bottle (pH'd water) a couple of times a day to try to keep the top layer moist. They will probably need more water soon though. The pots are starting to feel a little light. I have been keeping the light @ 25" away at around 50%. I have the humidifier set at 70% and the tent stays around 75F during the day. Im really trying to focus more on VPD this time, my last two grows i did not and I feel like my yields suffered a bit. I hate having to buy distilled water for the humidifier, I've used tap water and it leaves white dust everywhere due to the minerals. But Im going through a gallon a day, Its pretty dry here. There also seems to be a shortage of distilled water here and Im having trouble finding it. Might have to bite the bullet and buy an RO system. Ive been checking them out on amazon and could probably get a decent 1 to 1 for about $300. Lets check out the sprouts, lookin all lively and happy. Also staying pretty short.

IMG_20221013_142455_616.jpg

Black Strap (Gnome)
IMG_20221013_142502_020.jpg

Blackberry (Fast Buds)
IMG_20221013_142506_298.jpg

ZaMango (Night Owl)
IMG_20221013_142514_019.jpg

CBD 1:1 (Fast Buds)
IMG_20221013_142518_467.jpg

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great day!!!

Nice to see them all up and at it!

Yeah, I had to bite the bullet on an RO system. The price of distilled gallons here went from 0.88 to $1.50 per gallon currently. Lugging those was a huge pain too! I was cutting my tap water 50/50 to stretch it out but at some point 60 gallons over an entire grow cost as much as a cheap system.

I did not get one of the "good" 1:1 systems but I've been able to use the waste water for outdoor irrigation so it hasn't been going down the drain. It's very handy for the humidifier too. I went with the Aquatic Life RO Buddy. They have a 50 and 75 gpd version. I got the 75 as it just works a bit quicker. 10-12min for a gallon of 0ppm water and 2-2 1/2 of waste. I remember it being around $80.

I got this guy and will probably upgrade to a better system at some point.

Amazon product

Nice to see them all up and at it!

Yeah, I had to bite the bullet on an RO system. The price of distilled gallons here went from 0.88 to $1.50 per gallon currently. Lugging those was a huge pain too! I was cutting my tap water 50/50 to stretch it out but at some point 60 gallons over an entire grow cost as much as a cheap system.

I did not get one of the "good" 1:1 systems but I've been able to use the waste water for outdoor irrigation so it hasn't been going down the drain. It's very handy for the humidifier too. I went with the Aquatic Life RO Buddy. They have a 50 and 75 gpd version. I got the 75 as it just works a bit quicker. 10-12min for a gallon of 0ppm water and 2-2 1/2 of waste. I remember it being around $80.

I got this guy and will probably upgrade to a better system at some point.

Amazon product

Thanks for the info friend, Im checking out that system on amazon right now! I have a whole outdoor garden going and will totally use the waste for all my other plants. Can you use the waste on food crops? Im guessing its going to be pretty high ppm? I also saw someone suggest using the waste water to flush the toilets. Dont know how dedicated I would be to actually dumping it in the back of the toilet every time :haha:

Thanks for the info friend, Im checking out that system on amazon right now! I have a whole outdoor garden going and will totally use the waste for all my other plants. Can you use the waste on food crops? Im guessing its going to be pretty high ppm? I also saw someone suggest using the waste water to flush the toilets. Dont know how dedicated I would be to actually dumping it in the back of the toilet every time :haha:

I tested the waste water a couple times with a quick dip of the ppm pen. Mine surprisingly doesn't get that high beyond the normal tap levels. I've been putting it on our decorative trees and flowers. Nothing we eat but I don't think it would be a problem.

INEVITABLY I heft the weight of my pots a little too rough on young sprouts and at least one falls over every time. :wall: :haha:

I did it again this morning, after setting the pot back down the Blackberry sprout has succumbed (had to google how to spell) to my physical abuse. I usually use paper clips to support them but could not find any, so a twisty tie will have to do. Usually they fall one way, this blackberry is tipping all over, every which way.

Just curious if this is something that happens often? Does anyone else have to support seedlings in their first week? I swear this has happened to at least one sprout in every grow Ive done so far. This is my 5th round of sprouts. At LEAST one :doh:

IMG_20221015_103825_675.jpg

Thanks for stopping by yall, have a wonderful day!!!

Today was a sad day, after further inspection as to why the blackberry was still droopy it was hanging on by a thread...literally. You can actually see it in the picture I posted before.

I checked the stem at soil level and she was literally connected to the roots by a thread of a stem. Not sure if this was damping off or i was just too rough broke the stem at some point.

Anyway I yanked the very pretty (underside was dark purple) sprout and have put another blackberry seed in a jiffy pellet. Didnt want to grow it out with the way it was. This is the first time Ive lost a seedling, so its a sad day for me. But I have a shit ton more seeds so I will try to learn from this and run it back.

IMG_20221016_181130_334.jpg
IMG_20221016_181146_623.jpg

@Dankerson how often do you water seedlings in these rain science bags? They seem so much different then what I'm used to. I feel completely out of my element and all my seedlings seem to be growing slow.

Back