Indoor Rebel Returns to Quantum Badboy T5HOs -- April 2019

Rebel

AFN Global Moderator
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
So... After two years of battling with LEDs I'm officially spent and done with them. For more reasons than one. I'll elaborate in a follow up post. But after much consideration, thought, researching my old notes from the past several years I've made a decision to return to my old way of growing. My old lighting. Already I'm loving what I see!

I dropped 5 x Short Stuff Mi5. Old stock I had stashed away. Regulars... And one of @Magic 's Voodoo fems. Would have loved to drop more but I only had one left.

I planted them directly in the dirt on April 3rd. They all popped out by April 5th.

I didn't want to change too much as to not go absolutely ape shit and not know what the issues would be, if any arise... I'm using my regular one gallon grow bags. Promix HP and GH Maxi line nutes.

I have 2 x 6 lamp Quantum Badboy units. A 4 lamp unit and about to purchase an 8 lamp unit (maybe 12 I need to do some measuring) for my 3x3. I'm seriously going back and going all in on T5HOs.

18/6 lighting.

I'll post baby pics when I feed em here after a smoke bread. Just shut down the press after a long night at work so bear with me...

:pass:

@Waira @Dudeski @trailanimal @hairyman @Clix @bushmasterar15 @arty zan @Eclectic Elle

I'll tag more as I remember... Sorry buds to any I forgot initially... :face:

IMG_20190409_033205.jpg

4 days above dirt :pass: Voodoo on bottom right. Rest are Mi5

Hey rebel:bighug:
Good to see you and good to see you back on the hoss, you ride'em cowgrrl:cheers:
Going old skool with T5's, I love it , I've never used T5's but I have grown under CFL so it's in the same family of lights.:smoking:
We all got our own ways and own styles, it's what we know that helps us grow, I look forward to the results, I know they won't disappoint:thumbsup:.
I honestly couldn't imagine not using LED's but they are an acquired taste like all things, so if something works for you, have at it!
I know you gonna rock this and I'm subbed up.:pop::headbang:
I look forward to seeing the pics and following along.
Have an awesome day tomorrow (I've just woken up, so guess it's the middle of the nigh or something like that for you) :coffee2:
:pass:
Arty:vibe:

Funny I have had allot of problems with using diff lights causing this problem or that problem. T5HO. Never had a problem that was caused by these lights. I had considered trying to do a mix spectrum T5 grow. I no longer grow these days so a thought I might go back to when I am able to grow again.
Sub'ed up for the ride friend look forward to seeing you grow :)

Funny I have had allot of problems with using diff lights causing this problem or that problem. T5HO. Never had a problem that was caused by these lights. I had considered trying to do a mix spectrum T5 grow. I no longer grow these days so a thought I might go back to when I am able to grow again.
Sub'ed up for the ride friend look forward to seeing you grow :)

With LED lights getting the height can be difficult and there is no set guide as LED light vary enormously with different types of diodes, the angle of the lense, what type of Bin (quality and how hard they can be driven) and COB vs Single/double chip emitters with lenses.
Then there is colour blending of individual diodes, too close and the angle of the single LED's don't blend properly.

COB's are easier in this respect but with all LED's too close and too bright and you will stress the plants bleaching the top layer whilst the lower layer of the plant seems fine. This can often be seen as a plant def but really it is a toxic amount of light causing light stress.

T5 are gentle, diffused lighting and need to be fairly close to the canopy, which is why they are a more forgiving light than LED and even HID's (which can in some cases, cause heat stress, tacoing of the leaves).
T5's are the laid back lights, not gonna give anyone any hassle as long as they are in range (close enough) to give adequate light strength.

One addition possibly to a T5 set up could be far red Led strips use as supplemental light designed to aid other lights in the bloom phase and which don't have the over the top power that some of the LED stand alone lighting units have.

With LED lights getting the height can be difficult and there is no set guide as LED light vary enormously with different types of diodes, the angle of the lense, what type of Bin (quality and how hard they can be driven) and COB vs Single/double chip emitters with lenses.
Then there is colour blending of individual diodes, too close and the angle of the single LED's don't blend properly.

COB's are easier in this respect but with all LED's too close and too bright and you will stress the plants bleaching the top layer whilst the lower layer of the plant seems fine. This can often be seen as a plant def but really it is a toxic amount of light causing light stress.

T5 are gentle, diffused lighting and need to be fairly close to the canopy, which is why they are a more forgiving light than LED and even HID's (which can in some cases, cause heat stress, tacoing of the leaves).
T5's are the laid back lights, not gonna give anyone any hassle also as they are in range (close enough) to give adequate light strength.

One addition possibly to a T5 set up could be far red Led strips use as supplemental light designed to aid other lights in the bloom phase and which don't have the over the top power that some of the LED stand alone lighting units have.
I like your info. :pass::d5:

Back