Sea-K Kelp Extract

I use it almost start to finish

I won 4 grower of the year titles last year and the kelp is deffo one of my secret weapons I feed with every watering also in veg

Awesome, congrat! When you say that you feed with every watering, are you saying foliar feed only or do you add it into the water at points as well?

I use it almost start to finish

You posted your schedule on a different thread and you mentioned the use of kelp. Just to clarify, do you add kelp with MegaCrop every watering, or are you alternating between a MC feed, and then a water/Sweet Candy/Kelp feed? And how often do you foliar feed with it?

I've ordered a 450g bag of Sea-k to give it a shot. I'm about 45 day into my current grow so I'll probably start using it with the next round of plants.

Thanks!

Awesome, congrat! When you say that you feed with every watering, are you saying foliar feed only or do you add it into the water at points as well?

You posted your schedule on a different thread and you mentioned the use of kelp. Just to clarify, do you add kelp with MegaCrop every watering, or are you alternating between a MC feed, and then a water/Sweet Candy/Kelp feed? And how often do you foliar feed with it?

I've ordered a 450g bag of Sea-k to give it a shot. I'm about 45 day into my current grow so I'll probably start using it with the next round of plants.

Thanks!
I use as foliar spray till preflower may give a quart or 2 during veg then once flower starts I'll just feed 1 to 2 quarts per day with 1 to 2 quarts MC mix . I never add it to the nutes. I mix a 1/2 tsp kelp per 5 gallon

Thanks!
its part of my feed schedule anyway with remo newts but i use it as a foliar feed in veg on my girls also @Dabber will be able to advise you with megacrop how to best use it

I use as foliar spray till preflower may give a quart or 2 during veg then once flower starts I'll just feed 1 to 2 quarts per day with 1 to 2 quarts MC mix . I never add it to the nutes. I mix a 1/2 tsp kelp per 5 gallon
So sounds like you mix at about the same strength as Sweet Candy then. Your plants have a much more aggressive thirst then I have had personally. I might have to do some trial and error. Maybe one plant I'll go Foliar only while feeding MC every watering and the other I could try alternating feedings of MC and water with Kelp. I have some time until my current girls are finished though. Posted pics below, having some issues but I think they are light stress related as the most affected leaves are under the light ( and the tops are really not far from light even after super crop)
3C8F2A97-5300-4080-882C-ABC29FD4C10E.jpeg

5D8FBD4B-9381-4552-AE07-E3B012238AA7.jpeg

Much appreciated guys. Thanks @Dabber and @St. Tom !

Thanks!
When you fertigate do so with all of your nutrients blended together in the ratios provided by the vendor. Mix them in the order provided in the instructions. It is important to mix SI into your water first and to wait at least 15 minutes before adding other nutrients to the mix. Kelp is a basic component in my nutrient program. Mix it at a ratio of 5 to 2 with Humic acid for root feeding and mix with Fulvic acid 5 to 2 for foliar feeding.

If you feed different nutrients on different days you risk locking out other nutrients because the strength of the individual nutrient going in by itself is too strong.

When you fertigate do so with all of your nutrients blended together in the ratios provided by the vendor. Mix them in the order provided in the instructions. It is important to mix SI into your water first and to wait at least 15 minutes before adding other nutrients to the mix. Kelp is a basic component in my nutrient program. Mix it at a ratio of 5 to 2 with Humic acid for root feeding and mix with Fulvic acid 5 to 2 for foliar feeding.

If you feed different nutrients on different days you risk locking out other nutrients because the strength of the individual nutrient going in by itself is too strong.

Thanks @Mañ'O'Green , that's a bit more of a complicated mixture than what I'm currently using. I'm not using supplementary SI or Humic/Fulvic Acid in my current regiment.

Currently using Megacrop, Sweet Candy, and Bud Explosion. All around or slightly lower than the approximate strengths recommended by Green Leaf Nutrients, with some CAliMAGic in there occasionally. When mixing my order is CaMag (if used), Sweet Candy, Bud Explosion (if used), MegaCrop, then pH down to 5.8-6.

Green leaf's recommends adding 0.4 g/gallon throughout the grow, no info on strength difference between fertigation or foliar feeds, or on the sequencing on when to add. I'd probably put it in after the Sweet Candy if I had to guess.

Back