Indoor Second Grow Ever! Northern Lights Auto.

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I've been spending the past few days getting ready for my second grow EVER! I'll be growing Northern Lights Auto (again), but hopefully doing it better this time! Last time, I had somewhat airy buds (besides the top cola) as a yield. This time, I'm trying to get dense buds. I built an entirely new grow box. I'll attach a picture of it when it's completely done, since the picture I attached to this is it not even nearly finished yet. My seeds should be arriving in the mail hopefully within the next week or so!
Here are my plans, let me know what you all think, and advice for making this grow more successful would be appreciated!

My new box:
2x2x4 - 3/4 inch Particle board sides, 3/4 inch plywood top and bottom.
Entire inside painted with several coats of flat white Kilz water proof primer.
Hinged door (which I haven't attached yet, and a padlock for safety.
I ordered 4 USB powered fans (2 for exhaust towards the top and 2 intake towards bottom)
Also ordered a 4 port USB block for easy power.
I have two 55W (3800 Lumen) CFLs that run at 2700K And a few smaller bulbs that run at 6500k.
I've been thinking about getting a 55w CFL AT 6500k for veg and using the 2700k CFLs for flower? Or should I use both throughout the entire grow?
Planning on growing in a mixture of Happy Frog, Perlite, and Lime. My last grow, I had an extremely hard time getting my pH down.
How many Lumens should I provide for only one plant? Also, any tips on getting pH levels in Happy Frog lower (other than using lime since I already am).

Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 72
Hey everyone!
I've been spending the past few days getting ready for my second grow EVER! I'll be growing Northern Lights Auto (again), but hopefully doing it better this time! Last time, I had somewhat airy buds (besides the top cola) as a yield. This time, I'm trying to get dense buds. I built an entirely new grow box. I'll attach a picture of it when it's completely done, since the picture I attached to this is it not even nearly finished yet. My seeds should be arriving in the mail hopefully within the next week or so!
Here are my plans, let me know what you all think, and advice for making this grow more successful would be appreciated!

My new box:
I ordered 4 USB powered fans (2 for exhaust towards the top and 2 intake towards bottom)
I have two 55W (3800 Lumen) CFLs that run at 2700K And a few smaller bulbs that run at 6500k.
I've been thinking about getting a 55w CFL AT 6500k for veg and using the 2700k CFLs for flower? Or should I use both throughout the entire grow?
Planning on growing in a mixture of Happy Frog, Perlite, and Lime. My last grow, I had an extremely hard time getting my pH down.
How many Lumens should I provide for only one plant? Also, any tips on getting pH levels in Happy Frog lower (other than using lime since I already am).

Thanks!

Hi growgril.. I like your setup, and the lime will save your ass big time! You didn't say anything about a feed schedule I recommend tangs Advanced nutes feed schedule.. plus please get a cheap bottle of cal+mag like from Botnicare..
your on the right canna sight.. were glad your here..

If I could just offer you a scarf as a welcome gift from The Elvis..

elvis6.jpg
Thank you very much!
eimages.jpg

Hey everyone!

My new box:

Thanks!
Cfl's will get you airy buds everytime invest in a 150-250watt hps light you will get better results

hi,
i have a diy growbox smaller than yours, just started my first grow( grew some but canceled before flowering)
what people adviced me to get dence buds is using mh/hps or led, this is why i changed my cfl lighting a few days ago.
i can deal with a 250 watt bulb heat so i'm sure you can deal with it too
and about ph: advanced nutrients ph perfect products are really good to go, i don't need to add ph-down or -up with them
like i said i have no experince in flowering but i just wanted to put my two cents

i have a nl lady too, your previous grow is amazing im really wondering how things'll work on your side

good luck and happy growing,
subbed :greenthumb:

My seed is germinated and has sprouted! This is day 2 from sprout. One of the leaves on the little girl has shriveled for some reason. It's not an important leaf, I'm just curious why it did it so early? Usually they shrivel and fall off well into veg. It's leaning a bit towards the side the leaf is shriveled as well. What could be the reason behind this?
Temp is at 73 plant level, and humidity is at 40. 6500k CFLs (4 small ones) about 10 inches from seedling.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 77
Day 10 from seed! Transplanted to a larger pot two days ago. I was very gentle and she's showing no signs of stress after that, thankfully. She's now planted in a Happy Frog, Perlite, and Lime mixture, and about 6 inches from the lights. What do you all think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 86
Back