Mephisto Genetics Sour crack dwc - Harvest Day 50 56g dry

MissUniverse

I put metal in the microwave
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Website
mycanna.wiki
I was growing a monster of a dwc plant for the general grow battle and it failed yesterday when my airstone crapped out. I learned a valuable but costly lesson... always check your airstone and check it often!!!
Since I need a fast turnaround and I know sour crack stays bushy in dwc I'm running her because I know I can pick her up and check her airstone often.

My goal is a 65 day dec harvest with a high bar of 60 days

Here's the run down of the set up

Light: 1x Mars Hydro 600 1xMars Hydro 300
Grow Space: 48*24*60inch tent
Container: 5 gallon dwc
Seeds: mephisto sour crack
Nutrients: General HydroponicsMaxitwo step ( MaxiGroMaxiBloom) Xtreme gardening mykos wp xtreme gardening azos
Fungicide: southern ag. Biofungicide

Prep:
My ppm meter died so I'm going with rations inused before because nothing has changed with my set up and it should still be the same since 2 days ago...
Mykos wp was added to the res at 2.5 tbsp in 5 gallons. Azos wp was added to the res at 2 tbsp. Calmag was added to the res at 25ml. That was mixed together.
2.5tsp of Maxigro was then added to 250ml of water and the granular feed became a liquid solution. The liquid maxigro was slowly mixed in to the final solution. Then the solution was adjusted to a ph which settled to about 5.86 per my ph pen.

Yesterday I placed the rapid rooter into the hydroton and then proceeded to plant a sour crack seed into the rapidrooter. I placed a piece of the rapid rooter to plug the seed hole and set it and now I am forgetting it.

In the same tent I have a few really sad scraggly plants that were choked out by a dwc which failed.... in another tent I will be running some additional sour crack and some other strains. Along with the dwc sour crack I'm going to grow two more because if sour crack grows like it started to on my other dwc sc I started before ripling it out, it will stay stocky.

And heres her planted 16 hours ago, again dont mind those sad spindly things they are crap coming out in the next day or so and I'm cleaning the tent just needed something in to start its journey
Lb3WcNk.jpg

Sorry for your mishap. Good luck with the new Sour Crack.
Thanks, it was just a mishap on my part. And as much of a bummer as it was (it took up my whole tent and i let it choke out other plants because my anticipation of a great success), it was beautiful but I'm glad I learned on one plant now not 10 plants down the road

Don't do DWC if you don't want big plants. If done right, they will be large and take longer than expected. Do you know what caused your failure? Good luck!
Big plants arent as much of the problem for what I want to do but it was kinda it got a bit bigger even for what I thought... but I'm just a glutton for punishment. but, the reason for the failure was why I think it couldnt finish out...
Failure was the airstone 100%. Looking back it was failing for at least the 24 hours prior and I was just not paying attention to it like I should have. And other photos from earlier should have clues me in too as it may have been failing earlier yet... but the airstone was clogged up from me using azos and mykos and it got it clogged. So my fault not the plant. Live and learn.

I’ve got a Sour Crack in DWC right now actually :)

In DWC this strain will most likely run for 75 days

My soil Sour Cracks finished in under 70 days with 5% amber

Hydroponics can actually EXTEND the length of time an Auto Veg’s due to all that extra space for roots. In a pot the roots “signal” to the plant when they hit the walls... that doesn’t happen in DWC

And I have PERSONALLY seen a DIRECT correlation between DWC vs Soil and how long my autos Veg before starting to flower.

It’s ALWAYS 1-2 weeks longer In DWC so far for me. They want those roots you know?

Anyways here she is!!
7defd47d442fad55ce96e0adf4403190.jpg

1e6639f3a45d78289b7c9dbe3ec4c89a.jpg

b0265ae2518e2f4ff89a11b12671029d.jpg

Note: the frost rails and SIZE of these buds...********************************

VS this Hempy Sour Crack that is the SAME exact age to the day
94096259b2f8542ffc5b27359604e48c.jpg

It’s less than HALF the size of it DWC sister :/ and the buds are about 2 weeks further along.

Look close, compare the two. The ONLY difference between the 2 plants is my DWC has an airstone... and the hempy does not. That’s called “passive” hydroponics. DWC is “active” hydroponics

Here’s them both close for comparison
481cb56e53c526a5d6ca14cf122c60b1.jpg

As you can see... they eat the same exact food, they live in the same exact place.. one with an airstone.. one without. That airstone and OPEN area for the roots... makes ALL the difference

Just wanted to be honest with you about this strains run time in DWC, it can be a tad longer than your looking for

Good luck mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finished a monster Sour Crack in coco, went 80 days from dropping the seed. Glorious smoke... but I have yet to run an auto strain that was ready @ times listed. Am always about 2 weeks long.

:pass::bighug: things break,fail and fall off/over :oops1:whether or not we abused em or wrapped them up in cotton wool :shrug: brand spanking new things can shit the bed to :wall:
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:

Back