Indoor Lambs Breath Auto - From DWC to a recirculating low pressure aeroponic/drip line aeroponic

DoubleDsTrees

New User
Reaction score
What's up fellow growers!? It has been a minute since I have done a grow but am excited to get back to it. I have about 6-7 years experience growing DWC so that is what I started out with for this grow but was quickly reminded of the work it takes to change these reservoirs out... especially when the plants are flowering. This is why at about day 22 I switched my whole system over to a recirculation low pressure aeroponic system. I also have one plant being irrigated with a drip line and roots suspended in air ( last plant in the run and my pump wasnt strong enough, hence overhead drip haha).

Anyway, I am currently 20+ days into the grow so let me get y'all up to speed with how things have progressed up until now!

Tent - Vivosun 48x48x80 w/ Exhaust fan
Lights - Rapid LED cobs 225W - Platinum LED 300 - Viparspectra
Total wattage ~600w
Nutrients - Complete crop, Magnesium sulfate, Cal Nit, General Hydro, Azos & Mikos, Maxibloom
Seeds - Lambs Breath Auto flower from CropKings

Germination - Glass of water method and then straight into rapid rooters suspended over my DWC. I had 4/5 germinate and I forget how exactly it happened but one sprouted and died from desiccation lol... like i said a bit rusty..
IMG_2634.jpg

Week 1 - Things looking good! Or so I thought haha.. My overconfidence in DWC was humbled immediately! On day 7 from germination I peaked in to check on that taproot and shiiiiiiiit.. brown algae starting to form inside the reservoirs because my lazy ass didn't seal all the light leaks. Before thinking it through, I dumped the reservoirs, cleaned all the algae, and replenished the reservoirs. This is when I remembered in my past grows that if I ever messed with the reservoirs before week 2 of seedlings I usually saw poor performance due to disturbing the roots natural microbiome or whatever. All i know is they dont like to be messed with that early on in DWC. Two of the plants did not like the reservoir change as much as the other. I managed to get them back on track by fixing all light leaks and adding more aeration, but I think if i would have left the algae in the reservoir and just fixed my light leak issue and added more aeration I could have choked out the small amount of algae and the plants would have never been effected.
IMG_2643.jpg
IMG_2661.jpg

Week 2 - This week went pretty smooth. I could tell all three plants are happy again and in their sweet spots. Sucks being able to see the lasting damage from the reservoir change which stunted growth and caused a nute lockout... i think.
IMG_2667.jpg
IMG_2673.jpg
IMG_2682.jpg
IMG_2705.jpg
IMG_2688.jpg
IMG_2701.jpg
IMG_2705.jpg

Week 3 - So this is when the fun starts. I couldn't find any grows that showed someone switching from dwc to lpa in the same grow and if the roots would adapt easily or not. Thats when I just decided to go for it. Figured it could only help the plants and make things easier on my end. After lots of trial and error I came up with something that i thought was working great and would be low maintenance. OOPS! After 8 hours of sleep I woke up to two of my plants beginning to wilt. WTF?? Well, my misting nozzles clogged within 24 hours on the last plants in the run but not the first one because of the greater pressure at the beginning of the run,. Long story short, I scrapped the shitty nozzles and drilled holes into my irrigation lines creating my own misting effect that doesn't clog so easy. Unfortunately, the two wilted plants took a day or so to bounce back and fell further behind the autoflower that has had no stress at all and its pretty apparent now. What is cool though is that the one auto that didnt wilt from clogged nozzles transitioned flawlessly from DWC to LPA and seems to be growing even more vigorously than it was in DWC. The roots look pretty cool with all the smaller roots hairs poking out. Lastly, at day 26 this auto looks pretty sexy and will probably be a hefty girl!!
IMG_2715.jpg
IMG_2747 (1).jpg
IMG_2753.jpg
IMG_2755.jpg

Follow for more updates to come!

PEACE

Attachments

• IMG_2687.jpg
    IMG_2687.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 5
Back