New Grower Stoned Noob 2nd micro-grow *re-established*

PlatinumGrows

Super noob
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Ok fungus gnat problem sorted and new grow started. Using coco loco by fox farms - I like this better than the happy frog it accepts water and distributed it better and harder to overwater with the addition of coco fiber to the medium. Working well for seedlings. I have added a seedling warmer mat and a cool mist humidifier with a built in controller. I have it set to high and it maintains my space between 60-70 RH. I’ve got two sour diesel auto freebies that I suspect are from fastbuds, 1 banana daddy auto by Ethos and 1 fringe auto by rocbud. Only using organic inputs. And dechlorinated tap water. I also got a controller for my exhaust fan - it was running at 6x the necessary amount of air exchange - having the VPD and ventilation dialed in seems to be the missing link that was giving me trouble. The two sour diesels are on day 8 and the other two autos are on day 3 and 4. Gonna topdress with homegrown bokashi microbe oat blend and cover with barley straw mulch from build a soil in a couple days. And I will post updates whenever I make major changes. Wish me luck!

Attachments

• 4061C688-ACC6-406C-B53D-2D200584120A.jpeg
    4061C688-ACC6-406C-B53D-2D200584120A.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 23
first! :jump: ppp

I'm a native New Yorker. I see Sour Diesel, I follow :pop:

Good luck! I have a journal going also if you wanna check it out.

So grape mints 23 by RocBud joins the party? Lol - I wasn’t expecting this one to pop at all it’s been 7 days now since planted - but I decided to leave it untouched as I noticed I have been lacking a key virtue lately in all aspects of my life - PATIENCE

Attachments

• 8D4B8DEA-1C14-4DC4-AA80-FB0762903185.jpeg
    8D4B8DEA-1C14-4DC4-AA80-FB0762903185.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
Got to be joking me .... fungus gnats are back.... time to deploy BTI.... hope this works pretty sure it will I just did some research and found best method to use this product but wish me luck on this guys don’t need to go 0-2 to some dag’on fungus gnats

Attachments

• 41C60802-764E-4691-B084-1C6E5BAD3532.jpeg
    41C60802-764E-4691-B084-1C6E5BAD3532.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 19
Got to be joking me .... fungus gnats are back.... time to deploy BTI.... hope this works pretty sure it will I just did some research and found best method to use this product but wish me luck on this guys don’t need to go 0-2 to some dag’on fungus gnats

:goodluck: ppp

Thanks growmie ! I think I have the right idea to handle this now....

1610725154301.jpeg

so the two containers towards the back and the fabric pot up front and right were completely dry, plant leaves started to droop just a little bit. I brewed up some BTI tea lol, and just watered those three - bye bye larvae !! Killing the adults as I see them, and also added a sticky trap and a vinegar trap. The plants still look good I don’t think the gnats are eating the roots yet still trying to establish their life cycle. Hopefully I nip this in the bud, all 5 seedlings coming along just as they should looking great - so fingers crossed this is gonna work.

Great job getting things under control :smoking:

Teetering on the brink of an outbreak for days! However somehow between drying out the containers, turning off the humidifier, implementing BTI, and using sticky traps and my fingers to kill the adults this mess is being contained temporarily. Today I give second treatment of BTI with some added aloe juice and coconut water dilution for some vitamins and minerals in case any damage was done. I will then cover the top of containers with a thin 1/2-1/4 inch layer of sand to prevent anything from escaping. I will also continue to eliminate every single mature adult I see. And hopefully all these things combined will equate to a succesful elimination strategy!!!

Attachments

• 7DA4780C-3351-4DCC-845F-5B3D69CA7F88.jpeg
    7DA4780C-3351-4DCC-845F-5B3D69CA7F88.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
I’m still seeing a couple gnats here and there but I think I prevented an infestation like last time which got out of control fast

under the blurple at the beach, ladies let’s party

1611443764420.jpeg

Back