Dutch Passion enthusiast
Reaction score
AutoWhite%20Widow%20by%20Dutch%20Passion.jpg

Auto White Widow (by Dutch Passion)​
Strain report

Grown by BillyWu, November 2013 - January 2014
Journal link
Introduction

This smoke report has been written to give a personal, unbiased review of Dutch Passion's "Auto White Widow" autoflowering cannabis strain.

This was my first ever DWC grow. It was difficult to adapt to and I had a few problems, but I got a big-ass harvest of 118g which I was very pleased with.

The strain

Auto White Widow is one of Dutch Passion's newest strains. It is an autoflowering version of their tried and true White Widow strain. White Widow is renowned in cannabis culture as being a strong indica dominant, sativa regressive strain with high potency levels and a distinctly frosty white appearance. I believe DP's Auto White widow is 40% indica, 20% sativa and 20% ruderalis (autoflower).

My impressions

This was my first ever grow in DWC. I was previously growing in soil but I heard many great things about DWC and it seemed more 'my' kinda thing. All quantitative measurements and precise environmental control, rather than the guesswork that usually comes with soil.

To be honest it's like any other DP autoflower strain I've grown. It grows fast, it grows big and it's really not hard to grow at all.

Where the auto White Widow really shines is it's appearance. The buds are covered in trichomes, it's naturally abundant in them. The buds shine and sparkle under a white light, making it look very frosty as you would expect from a White type strain. The buds I had were weighty, frosty and some of them were even dark purple and brown. This is most likely because of the way I grew it, but generally most of my buds are bright green with a frosty white layer of trichomes.

Smoke impressions

I've had my buds curing for about two weeks now, so I believe that they are accurately reflecting on their intended qualities (potency, smell).

In the jars, they smell like most other strains do whilst they cure. It smells of sweets and fruit. However, after I take out a bud and grind it up, it smells very strongly of a dank skunky type strain. It puts out quite a strong smell and it's very pleasant.

The potency of it is good. I smoke quite a bit of weed so I have a high tolerance to it, but this isn't a typical commercial sub-par cheesey strain. It may not be as strong as something like StarRyder, but it's definitely potent.

The qualities of the high itself are fairly typical of an indica dominant strain. Since smoking it, I've experienced very relaxing sensations whilst also feeling 'up', meaning that I get the couch lock relaxation with a motivational head high. It enhances my creativity a lot and it's great for writing new music. There has been one time where I've put my Volcano vaporizer on heat 9 with a full chamber of ground up auto White Widow and I've been clacked by half a bag. Perhaps it's just my tolerance, but other people have said that auto White Widow is extremely strong for them so that may be the case.

The indica qualities of this strain still remain the most prominent. The thing I notice the most about it is that when I'm coming down off it, I feel very tired and chilled. It's excellent for unwinding after a day's work with.

IMAG0374_zps93883aae.jpg

IMAG0373_zpsb08547f7.jpg

Closing comments & ratings

Ease to grow: -10/10- (As usual with DP strains, your skill is your limit)
Quality of smoke: -7/10- (Great taste, unique and strong skunky smell, fairly potent and a good overall high. I just personally would've liked it to be stronger)
Value for seed price: 8/10 (It's a great strain, but if you're looking for something a little more potent that yields just as much, try StarRyder)

Overall, I really like this strain. I'm growing another one now before I switch to a different strain.
The best things about it are its appearance, smell and effects.
The only thing I could suggest for improvement is a higher potency level. Like I said, it's strong but it's not 'holy crap this is owning me'.

Last edited:
max rep for an awesome smoke report! The buds look gorgeous mate, almost like its covered in tiny little stars :grin:

Thanks dude :) Yeah they're really nice, I love white widow because it's one of the best looking strains going.

Thanks for the report nice bud pictures. Rep slap your way.
Rep%20Slap%20copy%20small.jpg

Max rep for an excellent review!

Back