Strains for kidney cancer?

Sour D

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
A friend of mine has kidney cancer. It was in remission but symptoms starting to come back. Any auto strain recommendations to help with pain and sleeping?

Hey @Sour D , can't give you a specific plant but picked these Leafly images up here (I'll credit if I can find name) figured I'd swot up soon enough as the info is helpful in these situations...
But will provide a few options for you consideration, at least to get the ball rolling.

IMG_20200529_072009_898.jpg
IMG_20200529_071931_929.jpg

Good luck with it SD.

Attachments

• IMG_20200529_071913_923.jpg
    IMG_20200529_071913_923.jpg
    232.9 KB · Views: 86
I had a dr tell me that I have kidney cancer. Is that the new thing? I feel like this is because of covid 19. Now most of my friend are complaining about kidney problems. I have a great strain available to me. But I’m not that big is a smoker and this stuff is very strong. But I know it works for pain, including nerve pain.

Linda Seed Auto GG#4 says that it's, compared to the photo version, "somewhat more oppressive and mentally less invigorating. This effect is produced by the crossed ruderalis indica (autoflowering) genes and provides a lot of relaxation - no more PLANNING for the day! "

I'm currently growing two of them, upper left and front. Very easy grow so far.

3 days ago

IMG_20200903_221023892_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
I had a dr tell me that I have kidney cancer. Is that the new thing? I feel like this is because of covid 19. Now most of my friend are complaining about kidney problems. I have a great strain available to me. But I’m not that big is a smoker and this stuff is very strong. But I know it works for pain, including nerve pain.
What strain is that. I have lot's of nerve damage from the military, as does my vet friend. It's the reason I'm growing. I've had the photo version of GG#4 and had good relief.

I have been growing a personal strain for my wife who has debilitating glaucoma and a heart valve problem. It’s strong medicine. It works. The few I share with wont have anything else. They always tell me how it makes them feel younger. Me I have a lot of joint pain. Drs say it might be fibromyalgia. I barely notice any pain when I smoke. I can move. I can get out of bed easier. I’m a different person. It’s good, but it’s strong as all get out. Its takes a while to get use to it. I usually on have to take a hit or 2 every few days. Pm me @WildBill

The old classics work well for sleep.
No need to look for anything fancy.
Any strong indica will work.
Every breeder has Northern Lights, which is on most peoples' good sleep list.
I grow mainly for sleep, and it's one of my favorites.
Highly indica dominant purples also work well.
BlackDomina and SugarBlackRose are also good.

Careful with CBD because it's a mild stimulant, and harms sleep for some of us.
For cancer, sativas plus CBD during the day, and a strong indica without CBD at night works well.

CBD's calming properties can be useful for sleep if lack of calm is harming sleep.

I have been growing a personal strain for my wife who has debilitating glaucoma and a heart valve problem. It’s strong medicine. It works. The few I share with wont have anything else. They always tell me how it makes them feel younger. Me I have a lot of joint pain. Drs say it might be fibromyalgia. I barely notice any pain when I smoke. I can move. I can get out of bed easier. I’m a different person. It’s good, but it’s strong as all get out. Its takes a while to get use to it. I usually on have to take a hit or 2 every few days. Pm me @WildBill
Good on you! Sounds like something that would also help mange my shoulder pain. Keep up the good work!!
:peace: :pass:

Linda Seed Auto GG#4 says that it's, compared to the photo version, "somewhat more oppressive and mentally less invigorating. This effect is produced by the crossed ruderalis indica (autoflowering) genes and provides a lot of relaxation - no more PLANNING for the day! "

I'm currently growing two of them, upper left and front. Very easy grow so far.

3 days ago

View attachment 1230696
Little update.
The GG#4 is quite good. It does reduce the pan a bit........a bit more tolerable in raw pain. Best thing is that you really don't care that the pain is still there. Not quite what I'm looking for, but it's a start. Concentrates may be a better use for this strain or let the trichs develop more amber. It does help a lot with muscle spasms and helps keep them relaxed. Just that part will help with my overall pain because the pain can cause muscles to spasm and that can increase the nerve pain and get into a bad spiral with the pain causing more spasms, which causes even more pain.
Maybe edibles made from it will work better. It could very easily be "oppressive" as an edible. It's not really oppressive if smoked, unless you smoke a bit too much and not being active. It will sneak on you if you just sit or lay down

Blu_tri

First he gives the strains credit by being good. Then he is a honest by telling of his needs and and sayin that the strain is not quit what he is looking for. I think He deserves the rep.
Back