SSSC Sweet Bourbon Kush Auto solo - MarsHydro vs. HLG

Day 19,
The good with the bad, Struggling to get used to the new coco this time. I may have over watered a bit (watering to runoff a week in) with pH a bit higher than she would have liked. They look a little better today but ugh. I hope I can get them back on track. I let them dry out an extra couple days before watering (measured to about 4tbls=60ml) this morning with some newly mixed water at pH 5.7 EC 0.3. Going to pick up a big syringe/turkey baster to water while they are small.

Mars
20220128_090625.jpg

HLG
20220127_182008.jpg

Day 19,
The good with the bad, Struggling to get used to the new coco this time. I may have over watered a bit (watering to runoff a week in) with pH a bit higher than she would have liked. They look a little better today but ugh. I hope I can get them back on track. I let them dry out an extra couple days before watering (measured to about 4tbls=60ml) this morning with some newly mixed water at pH 5.7 EC 0.3. Going to pick up a big syringe/turkey baster to water while they are small.

Mars
View attachment 1412845

HLG
View attachment 1412846

Good luck with the coco solos Ddubs ^_^
It's been a while since i did a coco grow - do you always water your seedlings with such a low ec? I'd always get very light looking leaves when i fed less than 0.8.

:vibe:

It's been a while since i did a coco grow - do you always water your seedlings with such a low ec? I'd always get very light looking leaves when i fed less than 0.8.

First time trying this canna coco. Last time I used some coco I took from my worm bed. I al.ost felt I over fed and ended up with an EC of 3.6. Learning curve in a solo is steep.

Early on I put about 200ml in and expect a lot of runoff. I know 20% is the ideal runoff amount they speak of, but I don't think there is any harm in more, just more wasteage. Every other day seems to work well. If you track your in/out volumes you can see when it wants every day and then twice a day.

EDIT: That canna coco is supposed to be excellent.

Thanks for the feedback. I bumped them up to EC 1.4 and they are looking a lot better. I think these solos are just pedal to the floor grows.

Day 27,
Doing OK after upping EC but unfortunately it might be a little late because they started pre flower already despite being a couple inches tall. I snipped off a couple mid level fan leaves to get some more light to the lower branches. I also turned the lights up a bit more and went from a DLI of 37 to a DLI of 55. Temps shot up so I'll have to keep a close eye on that.

Warer every 2-3 days with
Maxigrow
pH 5.6-5.8 EC 1.4

Mars (with her Jean-O sisters)

20220205_094104.jpg

20220205_094111.jpg

HLG

20220205_093314.jpg

20220205_093334.jpg

Day 36,
HLG (Comp Plant)
Doing well and her umbrella upper canopy perks up during the day. Still on grow nuites but I think its time to transition to bloom. She's flowering pretty hard right now so I guess she is pretty much done going up.

Water every 2-3 days with
Maxigrow with a shot of CaliMagic
pH 5.6-5.8 EC 1.4

20220213_090848.jpg

20220213_091100.jpg

Mars
A bit taller than her sister but looks to have a bit of a droop more often. I have to hold back from watering as frequently, I may be over doing it.

20220213_091829.jpg

20220213_091901.jpg

20220213_091836.jpg

Looking great brother!! :headbang:

Thanks, they are pulling through from my over watering. I have to start reading up a bit about the strain before I start growing. I guess a kush type plant often prefers a more arid climate meaning I can let her dry out a little more than some other water hungry types.

Thanks, they are pulling through from my over watering. I have to start reading up a bit about the strain before I start growing. I guess a kush type plant often prefers a more arid climate meaning I can let her dry out a little more than some other water hungry types.
We learn as we grow brother!!

Back