New Grower Sweet sweet Grow

4d-Rock

Geo-grower
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Seedstocker Purple Punch, Silver Lime Haze CBD, BCN Critical
Hey all!

I’m back with a new Grow. My last few have all produced well enough but I feel like I’m always combating deficiencies or slow/stunted growth. I’m getting better with my watering, keeping track of pH, and recognizing issues. I just need to get in a good rhythm with my feedings because I feel like I’m either underfeeding, or over feeding creating lockout. Part of it also may be because I keep upgrading and changing lights or configurations, or trying new heights or concentrations on the fly. I gotta work on maintaining consistency and keeping it simple. If anyone wants to chime in to help me keep things in line I accept and appreciate it.

Details

Space: 2’x3’x4.5’ tent, it’s a short tent so I’ll likely be doing some LST, or buy a taller tent
Veg/Flower Lights: 135W HLG QB288, 2x DIY 55W COBs (CLU048-1212 3500K) Run at 20/4 schedule. For the first few days, likely until transplant, they will be in a space bucket 24/0 with 2x 15W CFL bulbs 6500K
Strain: Sweet Nurse Auto CBD (Sweet Seeds) & Sweet and Sour (Mephisto)
Grow Medium: Pro-mix HP, extra 1TBSP dolomitic lime in each pot
Nutrients: Megacrop, Sweet Candy, Bud Explosion, CaliMagic if needed
Pot Size: 2 gallon fabric pots
Ventilation: 4” Variable speed 190CFM inline exhaust fan with Carbon Filter, passive intake, 6” fan and a few 120mm pc fans inside tent
Environment: Space bucket is about 25C/55%, we’ll see what the tent is once I get it stabilized
Water Source: My tap water comes from the lake I live near, which is then put through a charcoal and UV filter. This runs at about 7pH (fluctuates a bit depending on time of year) and 60-70ppm. I have an Apera PH60 meter and a cheap ppm meter to keep tabs on things

Both seeds soaked in a coffee cup for 24 hours with water and a dash of hydrogen peroxide, with the cups sitting on the router for warmth. Afterwards, they were transferred to paper towel in Ziploc bags and back on the router for another 24 hours. After this time the Sweet nurse had a little nub of a tail and the Sweet and sour had about 1cm.

They were planted in “easy transplant” solo cups where I’ve cut holes on the inner cup and have an outer cup with drainage holes to keep the soil in. I’ve used these the last few grows and they seem to work really well. Next best thing to planting in final pot I think. The Pro-mix HP was presoaked with 2g/gal MegaCrop and 1g/gal Sweet candy and left for half a day before the seeds went in.

It wasn’t long before they popped their little heads above surface and here we are at day 1.

IMG_3659.jpg

Sweet Nurse Auto (left) and Sweet and Sour (right) with humidity domes off for pic

From here the plan is to spray the surface as needed and maybe add a bit of ph’d water around the edges until they are ready for transplant.

Past that I’m a bit up in the air on how I want to approach feeding.

Previously, I had started at 2g/gallon and working my way up to 3-4g/gallon while on a feed – water – feed – water type regiment. It still led to deficiencies or lockout though it sounds simple...Also, I only water 250ml – 1L as needed for the first couple weeks and then I start full pot watering with runoff, generally this is 2-2.5L.

I’m still deciding whether I’d like to try feeding every time I water at a milder dose, or stick with the alternating days. I’m open to hear what people have to say as well.

Anyways, cheers to a successful grow! Thanks for joining me!

Day 3 - Not much to report, coming along decently. Temp is around 25C so I might see about getting that up a bit. Sprayed surface a bit and might give a bit of water in the next day or so
IMG_3673.jpg

Also, I'm going to tag a few people in here in case anyones interested in following along. If not, no problem guys. Or if anyone else has anyone they wanna tag in then feel free.
@pop22 @shumway @Sweet Seeds Apolo @MassMom @LordGreenWood @Only1Sky @Simplicio @Paradiso @Greenleaf Nutrients @lunarman @RivetGrrl @Garage_Grower @F.N. @Dabber @HemiSync @Waira @Mizzo81 @archie gemmill

Off to a great start!

I am the same way, I change things way too much between tents as I am always trying to "balance" perpetual multi-tent grows, I miss the simple days but can't go back. I like to think I have learned a lot faster, but have also made a lot more mistakes in the process. More pain in the short term, for long term gain? :smoking:

Hope you have fun and learn in this grow too, will watch for sure. :coffee:

Feeding/watering schedules.i only visit cupboard once a day,so my watering can be off at times.if a pot dries out in 12,18 or 36 hours and not 24 hours then im not doing it quite right.
I feed feed feed,but not to strong,if i burn it its plain water for a bit.
To tall a plant is good problem to have,if it needs bent its more fun.
Lookin good
Keep er lit
:pighug:

Feeding/watering schedules.i only visit cupboard once a day,so my watering can be off at times.if a pot dries out in 12,18 or 36 hours and not 24 hours then im not doing it quite right.
I feed feed feed,but not to strong,if i burn it its plain water for a bit.
To tall a plant is good problem to have,if it needs bent its more fun.
Lookin good
Keep er lit
:pighug:

Cool, thanks @archie gemmill ! I might even try one plant doing each method, one feeding every watering, while the other alternating. Of course that adds more to keep track of and against my attempt to KISS.

I've only had one plant to have the "problem" of being too tall. That led me to supercrop and buy my HLG QB288 to have as much headroom as possible. Still turned out pretty good and I wouldn't be too upset to have the problem again :thumbsup:

Also, thanks for stopping by @RivetGrrl & @shumway

Looking good bro you will rock that tent. The QBs defy logic in the amount they produce. I have 2400 watts of QB now in two 8by8 tents. And what size of buckets do you use? My first feed is a half a gram a gallon of M.C. I feed five hundred mills to a liter a day I usually top off at 1.25 grams a gallon and as soon as bud sites show I hit it with BUD EXPLOSION 1 gram a gallon every feed and 1.25 grams Max. By then they are taking 2 liters to three liters a day. I have grown some huge ass autos using that regime and nothing else no cal mag. I start seedlings 60 inches away from the QB too. I get a bit of a stretch on with tight Indicas. Stretch the nodes Abit so there is not leaf on top of leaf. I hope some of this helps. Here is a few ics of a huge quick Kush grown as I said above bro
IMG_20190812_235429.jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190812235137851.jpg
00000PORTRAIT_00000_BURST20190812235058424.jpg
If you have any questions if I can help you I will.

That's awesome, thanks @F.N. ! The quantum boards are pretty slick and now that I think I have a full lighting setup I'm interested to see how this grow goes and dial it in.
I'll be transplanting into 2 gallon fabric pots in the next few days once it gets to be that time.

Your feeding regiment is a bit on the light side compared to some of the others I've seen out there. I pre-charged the pro-mix with 2g/gal MegaCrop and 1g/gal Sweet Candy and was intending on starting around there for strength for feeding. Some others ramp up to 4g/gal quite quickly as well. But I suppose if you're on a feed every watering type regiment staying low is probably a good plan to prevent salt buildup or lockout. Also, for my past grows, my plants never seem to need that much watering until 3-4 weeks in. Before the 3 week mark I maybe water 500mL to 1L every 5 days or so. Later down the road at the end of Veg and into flowering though I usually get into a routine of 2.5L every 2 days. That seems to get a good amount of runoff for these 2 gallon pots.

I'm finishing up a +Speed Auto in the tent currently and will post some pics of the setup once its finished, cleaned up, and ready for the youngin's
4c7fef7df8d78ea2a0bf4fdd90c54dae.jpg

Day 5
90e2763395bb087aacafab7f846aca4e.jpg

I had to add some soil to the Sweet and Sour (SaS - right), because it stretched a bit and was falling over a bit due to being top heavy. The roots are also coming out of the bottom of the cup on this one so good root development. Might have to transplant asap

Also watered about 120ml each with 6.1pH and 60ppm water

I moved the bucket into the tent which is a bit warmer at 29C/50%. Also changed from 24/0 light to 20/4.

howdy :pass::bighug::pass:
very nice steup up buddy @4d-Rock :slap:
carefull with the temp (29c for younger plants can be hard to handle for her ) :bump:
nice choices of strain , i gonna look with interest the grow of the auto sweet nurse ,full of lovely cbd :drool::smokeout::pass::bighug:

:pass::d5::pass:

Back