Dutch Passion Teetee's Dutch Threesome

All right @MedLion .... I'm smoking some TD with added bubblehash from AU and BAM from previous grows.... I'm melting into the sofa so bear with me :dizzy:

I can get the tent about 2 degrees below ambient on average, so looking at my temp gauge for the last 24 hours...... wow, check this out.....

ambient max 38C 71%RH, tent max 29C 80%RH
ambient min 17C 52%RH, tent min 23C 69% RH
currently ambient 27C 60%RH (and it's 11.15PM), tent 25C 72% RH

When I first started growing, I wanted total control over the environment, media and nutrient..... that got way too stressful, RH especially was very hard to control and I was constantly pissing around adjusting the pH of the nutrient..... now the only thing I am accurate with is the EC, everything else is 'go with the flow', including pH.... I keep an occasional eye on the temps, all I do is keep the intake and extraction fans on constantly (which makes my tinnitus kick right in). I use a Harvest Master control unit, but it's wasted on me really, I no longer use CO2, humidifier, dehumidifier, or heaters, and the fans are on constant. All I really needed was a time switch for the LEDs!

I also used to push the EC's until I burned all the leaves off and locked out a big TD late in flowering last year. Now, I start at a highish 0.7 and build upto a lowish 1.0..... sometimes 1.1, but I found any higher was burning the girls, especially TD which is reportedly a light feeder. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read that Sativas take lighter feeds than Indicas in general.

Don't forget though, different nutrient brands will have different constituents, and House and Garden nutes don't seem to be used by many people I see online.... it's mainly Canna, I dunno why, cos they do the job for me! Maybe if you're using another brand, you can go higher.

I remember the conversation with the esteemed Automaster regarding run off..... I did the same as you and wasn't convinced..... the runoff was different each time I sampled it, I think the only time you wanna be checking the run off EC is during flush (and you WILL need the Aquavac for that), when it gets down to 0.2-0.1, you're nearly there!

What Automaster has also taught me is to read the plant an feed accordingly.... so what you're doing (checking for tip burn or pale leaves, looking at how much they're drinking and lowering/raising the EC accordingly) is the better way.
I wouldn't normally advise following nutrient manufacture feed schedules, but I used the H&G feed guide to devise my own feed chart for my 1st grow, then modified it after the next few grows, so now I have my own custom made feed guide.

Even in this grow, I'm experimenting with the boosters Top Booster (PK 13/14) and Top Shooter..... Although I fed them all at the same time, the plants were at different stages of flowering, BAM late, TD mid and AU early, so I'll be looking to see when to introduce them more effectively in future grows.

Man I need to skin up again :smoking:, speak soon Bro.

Thanks for the prompt and thorough reply , man that sounds freakin nice! I gota go will reply in full little later ,

All right @MedLion .... I'm smoking some TD with added bubblehash from AU and BAM from previous grows.... I'm melting into the sofa so bear with me :dizzy:

I can get the tent about 2 degrees below ambient on average, so looking at my temp gauge for the last 24 hours...... wow, check this out.....

ambient max 38C 71%RH, tent max 29C 80%RH
ambient min 17C 52%RH, tent min 23C 69% RH
currently ambient 27C 60%RH (and it's 11.15PM), tent 25C 72% RH

When I first started growing, I wanted total control over the environment, media and nutrient..... that got way too stressful, RH especially was very hard to control and I was constantly pissing around adjusting the pH of the nutrient..... now the only thing I am accurate with is the EC, everything else is 'go with the flow', including pH.... I keep an occasional eye on the temps, all I do is keep the intake and extraction fans on constantly (which makes my tinnitus kick right in). I use a Harvest Master control unit, but it's wasted on me really, I no longer use CO2, humidifier, dehumidifier, or heaters, and the fans are on constant. All I really needed was a time switch for the LEDs!

I also used to push the EC's until I burned all the leaves off and locked out a big TD late in flowering last year. Now, I start at a highish 0.7 and build upto a lowish 1.0..... sometimes 1.1, but I found any higher was burning the girls, especially TD which is reportedly a light feeder. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read that Sativas take lighter feeds than Indicas in general.

Don't forget though, different nutrient brands will have different constituents, and House and Garden nutes don't seem to be used by many people I see online.... it's mainly Canna, I dunno why, cos they do the job for me! Maybe if you're using another brand, you can go higher.

I remember the conversation with the esteemed Automaster regarding run off..... I did the same as you and wasn't convinced..... the runoff was different each time I sampled it, I think the only time you wanna be checking the run off EC is during flush (and you WILL need the Aquavac for that), when it gets down to 0.2-0.1, you're nearly there!

What Automaster has also taught me is to read the plant an feed accordingly.... so what you're doing (checking for tip burn or pale leaves, looking at how much they're drinking and lowering/raising the EC accordingly) is the better way.
I wouldn't normally advise following nutrient manufacture feed schedules, but I used the H&G feed guide to devise my own feed chart for my 1st grow, then modified it after the next few grows, so now I have my own custom made feed guide.

Even in this grow, I'm experimenting with the boosters Top Booster (PK 13/14) and Top Shooter..... Although I fed them all at the same time, the plants were at different stages of flowering, BAM late, TD mid and AU early, so I'll be looking to see when to introduce them more effectively in future grows.

Man I need to skin up again :smoking:, speak soon Bro.
After a long ass 24 hours i have some time to reply atlast, i like your method of "going with the flow however 38degrees is very hot haha aswell as the max rh, but this news is actually giving me some comfort with regard to my setup..Im usually also a perfectionist and like to control as much as I can but I too realised il literally get sick from the stress if I worry as much as I did recently when things arent perfect, my rh is in the high 50s low 60s past couple days which is ok for me, also follow your way of leaving intakes outakes on full blast 24/7..
yeah these nute manufacturers are crazy they suggest I run a ec of 1.5 at the moment, I backed down with the last feed to 0.8 ec as I saw some of them got uncomfortably green, no nute burn yet but damn I can see some of them are not appreciating an ec of 1.2 at this stage..il slowly bump it up over the next few week when I see they asking for it, other pain in the ass is they all are different some like the nute strength others not so much (same strain) but they just gotta be happy no ways im making up individual feed for them all there is not enough time in one day for that, anyways thanks for the thorough reply once again I really appreciate the great info I get on this forum it helps me a great amount..

There's probably no harm in having 2 nute mixes, one at 0.8 and the other at 1.0 for the hungrier girls. Tag the pots getting the higher feed and Robert's your Mother's Brother.

Haha , I myself am considering to take such action too too big of a difference in consumption between the lot..might just be worth the effort

Day 66

It's getting tantalizingly close now, the smells in the tent are delicious, lemony AU, plummy TD and fruity BAM.

Today I put them on their max feed, which will remain until flush.....

0.3EC base nute with 0.2ml/L Cal Mag, 0.3ml/L Roots Excellurator, 1ml/l Bud XL, Multizyme, Algen Extract and Top Shooter

...... basically I increased the Top Shooter from half to full strength
...... oh and I have started adding Molasses as well.
Quite a soup :coffee:, but the EC is just 0.9

Lights are on 21/3, and I must admit it's been quite deceptive in the past, looking at the plants under the purple glow of the disco lights...... leaves look normal green, but under torchlight at lights out, it can be a different story...... there's so much colouration in the leaves as the Top Shooter maxes out the fruitification process.
I'm hoping the molasses will give the flowers all the sugars they need and slow down the drain on the leaves.

BAM is so close to finishing, she has less than a week before I flush her... I just thought I'd give her a few days on the full strength Top Shooter and squeeze a few more buds out of her before douche time.

Here she is....

day 66 BAM 1.JPG

When viewed from above you can see the amount of bud she has in there.....
day 66 BAM 3.JPG

Her main cola is looking great....
day 66 BAM 5.JPG

...... and her side buds aren't looking too shabby either......
day 66 BAM 6.JPG

TD is developing well, taking up the back half of the tent it's hard to get a decent photo of her. Here she is from the side......
day 66 TD 1.JPG

.... and from above.....
day 66 TD 3.JPG

.... and a little closer....
day 66 TD 2.JPG

Last but not least AU, she's so big I couldn't fit her in one frame, so here's her lower, main body of the plant.....
day 66 AU 1.JPG

As hoped from last week, the main cola is filling out with lovely fluffy buds....
day 66 AU 2.JPG

Her other side buds are also looking good....
day 66 AU 3.JPG

AU has a few weeks to go, I can't wait to see how she gets on after I take out BAM.... the extra space and light will make her explode!

My main concern is humidity and mould..... I have a feeling this place is infested with spores, as it's a wooden house, it's been pissing down yet temps have been high.... steamy, humid conditions, perfect for mould..... our clothes, shoes, bags etc all get a light dusting if we don't have a dehumidifier on 24/7.
I hope the air intake isn't sucking spores into the tent........

My only defence against mould is internal circulaton fans, but if you have any other suggestions, I'd be very grateful.

Have a good weekend, hope your grows are doing well.
TT

Last edited:
Day 66

It's getting tantalizingly close now, the smells in the tent are delicious, lemony AU, plummy TD and fruity BAM.

Today I put them on their max feed, which will remain until flush.....

0.3EC base nute with 0.2ml/L Cal Mag, 0.3ml/L Roots Excellurator, 1ml/l Bud XL, Multizyme, Algen Extract and Top Shooter

...... basically I increased the Top Shooter from half to full strength
...... oh and I have started adding Molasses as well.
Quite a soup :coffee:, but the EC is just 0.9

Lights are on 21/3, and I must admit it's been quite deceptive in the past, looking at the plants under the purple glow of the disco lights...... leaves look normal green, but under torchlight at lights out, it can be a different story...... there's so much colouration in the leaves as the Top Shooter maxes out the fruitification process.
I'm hoping the molasses will give the flowers all the sugars they need and slow down the drain on the leaves.

BAM is so close to finishing, she has less than a week before I flush her... I just thought I'd give her a few days on the full strength Top Shooter and squeeze a few more buds out of her before douche time.

Here she is....

View attachment 548113

When viewed from above you can see the amount of bud she has in there.....
View attachment 548115

Her main cola is looking great....
View attachment 548117

...... and her side buds aren't looking too shabby either......
View attachment 548118

TD is developing well, taking up the back half of the tent it's hard to get a decent photo of her. Here she is from the side......View attachment 548120

.... and from above.....
View attachment 548122

.... and a little closer....
View attachment 548121

Last but not least AU, she's so big I couldn't fit her in one frame, so here's her lower, main body of the plant.....
View attachment 548109

As hoped from last week, the main cola is filling out with lovely fluffy buds....
View attachment 548110

Her other side buds are also looking good....
View attachment 548111

AU has a few weeks to go, I can't wait to see how she gets on after I take out BAM.... the extra space and light will make her explode!

My main concern is humidity and mould..... I have a feeling this place is infested with spores, as it's a wooden house, it's been pissing down yet temps have been high.... steamy, humid conditions, perfect for mould..... our clothes, shoes, bags etc all get a light dusting if we don't have a dehumidifier on 24/7.
I hope the air intake isn't sucking spores into the tent........

My only defence against mould is internal circulaton fans, but if you have any other suggestions, I'd be very grateful.

Have a good weekend, hope your grows are doing well.
TT

Good day @Teetee! Man that looks way past delish!, those girls have filled out spectacularly to date, I am greatly impressed by their size! I am feeling your concern for mold, you probably know quite enough regarding mold, however here is a quick link ,

http://www.mandalaseeds.com/Guides/Preventing-Bud-Mold

perhaps you can find something inbetween there which might help, I really hope you manage to keep the spores out and your mouth watering bud mold free, as that would be rather sad if those girls get infested, all of the best Teetee I am confidently sure you will win!

Cheers @MedLion for that info. The Mandala site is a mine of good info.

This morning, all I can say is.....

YES!!!!!

I just want to say thanks to the seed company I use...... stealth delivery to my location (bearing in mind all those Border programmes) in less than 2 weeks.
I was impressed with the efforts they took to stealth it up. This seed co. gets a few unhappy reviews, but I have always used them and have had no complaints.

7x Colorado Cookie, Lime Daquiri and Blackberry Kush, and 3x Think Big. The Auto Night Queens were freebies along with 4x Jack Herers.
DSC_1266.JPG

Looks like I'll be smoking something tasty this Christmas!

day 69

I decided to get on with flushing BAM today, so I took her out onto the deck and gave her a good drenching and a quick photo session.....
day 69 BAM 2.JPG

......she has a good amount of bud in there.....
day 69 BAM 1.JPG

Here's her main cola from the front....
day 69 BAM cola 1.JPG

and from the other side.....
day 69 BAM cola 2.JPG

Back