Grow Room Tent time

I have 3 of the Mars tents. The zippers have held up well for me. At least 2 years on one of them and a full year plus on the 4x4. There are some areas where you can see how they hit certain price points but I've been happy with them. I was actually surprised that the zippers held up as well as they do with being opened at least once a day if not twice. I do tend to keep the zips in the same area and only open a little bit. The oldest tent, 2+ years, has some stiching pulling out around the zips but a touch of superglue and some tape stops that.

I definitely used aluminum backed foil tape on the inside and gorilla waterproof tape on the outside in a few spots. You can see some wear after a couple years but really for the price I think they are very good.

I do have a smal gorilla clone tent, which I don't know what I was thinking with that purchase, and the materials and zippers are clearly a different grade and major upgrade. However, the 20'x18" clone tent from Gorilla costs what the 4'x2' from Mars does.

Oh! I almost forgot. I did the old people trick of rubbing a candle on the zipper teeth to help wax it so it slides easier. Left over habit from the crap uncoated metal zippers of the 70s and 80s. It may have helped their longevity on the tents.
Old People? :grrr2:
Candles today aren't made the same as when that was a tip. Bees Wax is what was/is used.
I lubed up all the zippers with a little chunk of bees wax.
The zippers on the Mars tents have held up well after two years.

Back