Need advice/opinions on lighting for a 3x3 tent

they suggest HLG
View attachment 1479967
Yeah Groplanner jumped in price but on Hyperlite site they have a sale right now both types wi-fi or dimmer 89 bucks
Yeah I was all set when I saw that they were $69.99 just the other day but they went up quick. Unless I find a good deal on something else, I may sit tight and see if they come down or go on sale.

I have a 3x3 and run a 150w qb and 4 50w cob from timber. I bought 3 hlg panel's for a diy build. Like you I found I could get a board off Amazon for less than the cost of the driver. I just snagged a 240w board with 301b chips for 65 bucks on sale,can't beat that. Surface mounted diodes are easily identified by shape. Maybe they aren't top bin chips, I know my plants love it. Sales going on all the time. I believe the rule of thumb is 50w per square foot.
For top bin QB's and other high efficiency LED's I thought the number was closer to 35 per sq foot than 50. 50 is the HOTTEST that I have senn for HLG and that was for their 200 Diablo. Realistically, that light would probably work just as well in a 2 x 3 or 2.5 x 2.5 tent. Dealers sell 2 x 2 tents and even 2 x 2.5 gorilla lites with the HLG 100. For a 3 x 3, the two HLG 100's seem a tad weak, but two HLG 135's would be just fine. I have a Niemi 130w (top bin HLG clone) and was planning to add the HLG 200 for a 1 meter by 1 meter BudBox. But that 200w light is no more and I would have to run down the parts and build one, so I might use the new HLG 150 instead. It has red and blue diodes. That board looks like it will be their new 288 size model.

As said before @420autoflower gets amazing results with cheap Maxsisun lights and i love my Groplanners due to the fact that the light is heavy cast iron, enclosed and is pretty much indestructible (dropped twice)

If you have cash to burn get a bar light the spread is so much better than qb
I have been looking at mars hydros fc-3000 or fc-e3000, but I need a really good sale to get one in my budget. What do you think of either of these? The spectrum difference had me looking harder at the fc-3000 more than the bridgelux version but honestly idk much

Love my FC-E 4800 and does great in a 4x4. I thought it would be underpowered for that space but it is not. So the 3000 should do well in a 3x3… but price is a factor….

I have been looking at mars hydros fc-3000 or fc-e3000, but I need a really good sale to get one in my budget. What do you think of either of these? The spectrum difference had me looking harder at the fc-3000 more than the bridgelux version but honestly idk much
just released review

Love my FC-E 4800 and does great in a 4x4. I thought it would be underpowered for that space but it is not. So the 3000 should do well in a 3x3… but price is a factor….
Same here

Attachments

• 20220628_184324.jpg
    20220628_184324.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 19
Back