Need advice/opinions on lighting for a 3x3 tent

No experience with the other lights but the Marshydro FC series is similar to my FCe series, and I love that light. Perhaps if budget is of concern check out the FCe series too slightly cheaper

The new 150 Patriot would be a great light. I'd run a pair in that space. Price is just a few bucks more than the 100 Rspec. The new light tweaks the spectrum a bit more over the Rspec b addig some blue LEDs. The Blackwing would work well in that tent also.

Since this seems directed to me, let me explain my reasoning.

LOL... Actually instead of a longer reply I'll just leave ya with these few thoughts I have right now.

The term "you get what you pay for".. Made in USA.. and being an older Veteran..

You might not get what I'm saying, but there ya have it.. so feel free to spend your money where ya like. I'll do the same ok..

Since this seems directed to me, let me explain my reasoning.

LOL... Actually instead of a longer reply I'll just leave ya with these few thoughts I have right now.

The term "you get what you pay for".. Made in USA.. and being an older Veteran..

You might not get what I'm saying, but there ya have it.. so feel free to spend your money where ya like. I'll do the same ok..
I wasn't especially taking a dig just thought it was funny no matter what the budget some people suggest HLG like if it was the only option.

Last edited:
I wasn't especially taking a dig just thought it was funny no matter what the budget some people suggest HLG like if it was the only option.
Eh, that’s always the case when it comes to lighting discussions. Don’t get me wrong, I love HLG and have a few of their lights (350R and 2x QB96s in my 4x4). It’s just at this point, if I could afford another HLG I would, but I have to look at more budget friendly options with good quality. Can’t afford top tier nowadays.

What about another pair of QB96s? If I can find them, I think 2 running off of an HLG-320 would be nice in a 3x3

Back