Need advice/opinions on lighting for a 3x3 tent

DogterB

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
I'm looking to upgrade my 2x2 tent to a 3x3. With this upgrade in size, I will need a new light. Looking for advice/opinions on a light that will do a 3x3 well. Budget is a limiting factor for me. I've been looking at Viparspectra KS3000, Mars Hydro FC3000, and the Groplanner O series. I was going to get 2 of the groplanner 150w lights but they have recently jumped up in price. I've looked hard into building a strip light myself, but by the time I factor all the costs up it's close enough to the price of a full light that it's hard to justify. I'd be interested in hearing thoughts on building a light as well! Thanks!

I'm running two HLG 100Rspec boards in my 3x3, and I couldn't be happier.

HLG is a sponsor hete and offers a discount through the forum. Contact @Les @HLG for details.

Iv got a thread in the HLG subforum showing the results..

I'm running two HLG 100Rspec boards in my 3x3, and I couldn't be happier.

HLG is a sponsor hete and offers a discount through the forum. Contact @Les @HLG for details.

Iv got a thread in the HLG subforum showing the results..
The 2 100Rs are enough for a 3x3? I was looking more in the 300 watt range

I have a 3x3 and run a 150w qb and 4 50w cob from timber. I bought 3 hlg panel's for a diy build. Like you I found I could get a board off Amazon for less than the cost of the driver. I just snagged a 240w board with 301b chips for 65 bucks on sale,can't beat that. Surface mounted diodes are easily identified by shape. Maybe they aren't top bin chips, I know my plants love it. Sales going on all the time. I believe the rule of thumb is 50w per square foot.

I've been running a 3x4 flower area with 4-6 different lights, 2- 75w cobs, a qb at 150, qb at 220, migro aray at 130, all run 100%........just for height adjustability. Approx 55 watts sq ft. Seems to works well. Then I burn all evidence.

Budget is a limiting factor for me.
they suggest HLG
Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

Yeah Groplanner jumped in price but on Hyperlite site they have a sale right now both types wi-fi or dimmer 89 bucks . I would buy them separately so you don't get one joined light with hot middle but 2 separate more to the sides. Had mine (bought for 69 bucks) over a year now. But it's not HLG. If you want to spend around 400 bucks might as well get a the modern design like the ones you mentioned yourself. QB design is yesterday.

Last edited:
Back