The 2023 Outdoor Auto-Photo Competition!

Who says they are mutually exclusive? :crying::passit: ... Cheers brother Bill, I wish you could join this year again... I am running Asian Haze, think I mentioned already? I cannot wait man I still go back and eye hump both of yours now and again! The little clone is a fav' of mine, she was sooo sexy with those frosty pom-pom buds all over her -:spels:

How do you like Fugue State? The smoke was very nice indeed to me, but the odd pepper/creamy + pungent aroma wasn't my cuppa truth be told... Try Sour Livers someday, that's another forgotten gem in my book... Oh and Cosmic Queen, damn she fine!
That Asian Haze big girls made some killer hash and the clone was such a treat. After this run, I may attempt to grow her indoors. With the way that little clone reacted to light schedule, I'm pretty sure I can make a Mom. She'll be interesting to try and control.

Fugue State flower doesn't make me instantly sleepy. The rosin from the cured bud sure as hell did. I can't just sit and veg with it. I have to be active. No idea the reason. It does seem to keep my muscles more relaxed. Short term memory is poopy doody with the rosin. Lot's of "WTF was I doing" moments..
I've seen lots of guys praise Soul Livers.

Asian Haze could become a tree. After seeing how she grew, I dreamed of starting early and transplanted outside into one of my raised beds with a special compost I made for cantaloupes and in the sun that garden was exposed to. As uniform and symmetrical she was, just simple opening up and spreading out is all that is needed with her. I'd run a foliar IPM with ferments made with EM1. For the small bug, tiny spiders, a simple garlic ferment would have worked great to repel them.
While the sun on this place is not as good as I had in my old garden at my old farm, if it was legal, I have a MUCH better spot than the first time.

The two ethos are doing great, the errors blackjack is struggling. They are in terracraft blend from Mother Earth. Got a lot of last years soil under a tarp with 4-4-4 dry fert from expert gardener (Walmart) . They will be going into 7-10 gal pots.
:woohoo1:Nice choices! I'm assuming BlackJack is Black Domina x JHerer, Sweet has a great F1FV version of this.
...I have to chuckle a bit at the company name though, doesn't exactly lend confidence in them- :rofl:

As a 7-10gal kinda guy myself, a caution about how big they get in them with all this veg' time... I found that if they get rootbound early, before blooming, feeding becomes super critical and a bitch because of how choked up it is in there... First year I did the KIS amendment stuff I put'm into 10's right after their 1gal starter pots, and they went nuts; even with a June start, they were too big by bloom and ate up most of the soil reserves. Fans started fading way too soon, I had to scramble for feeds the whole rest of the way, fought a couple off pH pots too which happens with rootbound plants sometimes...

I'm finding that a late start, like 2nd week of June, really helps manage their size along with staged transplants from nursery pots to 5er's, let them feel some root squeeze, then into final pots before blooming

Also, careful with the long light hours on the FV early on. If they get used to16+ hours, then go outside into >14 hrs they may initiate bloom, stall-out, reveg then bloom again which makes for a TARFU plant! :doh:

That Asian Haze big girls made some killer hash and the clone was such a treat. After this run, I may attempt to grow her indoors. With the way that little clone reacted to light schedule, I'm pretty sure I can make a Mom. She'll be interesting to try and control.
She has such a wild mix of parents in her, it's hard to predict her behavior... also not having seen much of her in other grows gives us little pheno' expression info too. No doubt after seeing your run before, giving her space and time to blow up can make a sizeable semi-auto :growing:
Where that trigger point is in light/dark hrs will be the tricky part...
Topping her on the late side and stripping lower nodes to reduce larfy stuff will be key indoors I think, certainly my plan with her OD's this season.
Fewer, bigger budding is what I'm angling for, and in her case, keep the height down!

Fugue State flower doesn't make me instantly sleepy. The rosin from the cured bud sure as hell did. I can't just sit and veg with it. I have to be active. No idea the reason. It does seem to keep my muscles more relaxed. Short term memory is poopy doody with the rosin. Lot's of "WTF was I doing" moments..
I've seen lots of guys praise Soul Livers.
Yup, pretty narcotic and stooop-ifying! :baked:

@Waira sneaky trick I’ll have to try. I do like supercropping a lot myself. I’m browsing the seed vault and have some options.. High CBD I was gifted, gnome 304 and Black Lebanon are definitively on the short list for sure. I’ve been using 25 gal bags for a few years. 7gal for sure or ground this year. Otherwise it’s straight into the ground. It looks like better weather is headed this way so I’ll probably crack 🫘 this weekend.

I was just trimming up the indoor girls which are just killing it this spring under the new Kind Led x750 (shameless plug). 💵

Little before and after teaser FYI before is at 💯 veg and the after is 25% 💥
65BD382D-182B-479D-AB9A-EEA0323119BD.jpeg
864EC111-91AE-4344-8553-283F633E4C9C.jpeg

Note: Coots mix (gnarly barley) sprinkled on 🔝
D68D1C02-0E25-416A-A8D7-E49B2474DC93.jpeg
6F2F823C-E567-4A9A-995D-0E52CAA7E58A.jpeg

This is what it looks like after running it through the vitamix for a min.
E1BFBBAB-F64E-4339-823A-8B4DCF95DC07.jpeg

Last edited:
She has such a wild mix of parents in her, it's hard to predict her behavior... also not having seen much of her in other grows gives us little pheno' expression info too. No doubt after seeing your run before, giving her space and time to blow up can make a sizeable semi-auto :growing:
Topping her on the late side and stripping lower nodes to reduce larfy stuff will be key indoors I think, certainly my plan with her OD's this season.
Fewer, bigger budding is what I'm angling for, and in her case, keep the height down!

I was waaaay too stoned after I 'came to' a while ago. That rosin bit me!:crying: I had two hits while taking a hot soak to get the muscles loose. Got dressed and fixed lunch. I was watching a vid with this guy trying to explain/justify his theory on the 'real purpose' of the Great Pyramid of Giza. What I was trying to figure out was WTF was this dude smoking?:funny:
Well, the pain must have subsided, the stars aligned and my body and mind relaxed. I might have hit the infused coconut oil a little too hard. That oil is from recovered dry ice worked material. It's stupid potent with the multiple infusions. It's really easy to whack yourself.
Asian Haze indoors, yeah, She'd get plenty of :naughtystep:
My biggest reason for just opening her up and letting her run the way she wants, was plainly mold. I wanted the best air flow I could have. I knew mold would be an issue from the weather and her placement,,,,,much less airflow at that location.
To be honest, I don't think either of the girls had any sorta 'auto' anything in those two. That little clone did nothing to flower until I flipped the schedule. 3 or 4 days after flip, she was whole hog into flowering.
I can say that maybe her 'rage from sprout to mid-flower' might be attributed to auto genes......I just don't know about that. Most of her life, she was in stretch and just growing upward. The EarthBox could have been a contributing factor also.
If you give her some quality light indoors, she will be a handful for sure. That why she'll get a Regular EarthBox under my HLG Diablo. I ain't skurred!:funny:

Back