The 2023 Outdoor Auto-Photo Competition!

Good luck anywho :baked: Might want to talk to others like @Kyote for some Gnomes :shrug:
Last year my NL got big and beautiful and then the storm ripped 4 feet off her. Lots of variables outdoors easy to say when things are going well :peace:

Good luck anywho :baked: Might want to talk to others like @Kyote for some Gnomes :shrug:

thx & i actually did jus buy a gnome a couple dayz ago :rofl: picz are in my od growtrain thread ;) ppp

:cools: Good day mates! ...time for some catch up....

With me, the photo girls are transplanted into next stage pots... Pics today when I get there- :thumbsup:
In other shit news though, I will have to move them from my usual happy place at my friends house to another friends place, less than optimal...
The nutshell is this: the husband was diagnosed with Parkinson's dementia a few years back, and has decayed big big the last few months. Recently, he's become nasty, aggressive, unpredictable on top of all the other bad things that come with this horror show. It looks like he'll have to go into special care soon, and the house will be sold... :frowny: ....fuckfuckfuck....
Timing is uncertain, but it looks to be sooner than later... Meantime I have some thinking to do to say the least!

I cut a small branch off the Cherry apple fritter and have submersed it in a solo cup of water. I put the branch in my tent and set the light cycle time to 12-12 which will hopefully show it's sex in a week or so.
This plant is smelling like tart cherries and it's growth and size has me wondering if it's a male ? I tried to get a hold of a local testing company that gave me the seed, for a test, but have not got a reply so I will try myself.
I have not tried this plant sex testing method before but hoping it will work. If it's a male it will get whacked.
How's that going so far? The test company didn't happen to mention if that seed was fem or not I gather... it's still possible to get a male from fem, rare as hell but it happens. A friend elsewhere found one from definite fem'ed seeds by a master breeder...
Aroma sounds promising in any case!

Whelp, my comp photos made it thru the heavy rain and hail we got this afternoon… but two of the three big clones got HAMMERED! The one in the green tote lost the top 2/3 of the plant… ouch. But I’ll let her grow. Will probably get giant arms of buds now. And the other one..? About cut in half. Musta been horrendous here. And the small photos in 5gal buckets? Nada! Nothing, not even a missing leaf! One auto did lean over but was the tallest. Damn!…!…! But what could I have done
Well they survived an unexpected tornado outside on Monday :windy:Plants handled the storm no sweat :headbang:... Had a tree fall and basement flooded. All females left. Down to 3 of the SD5s and 3 bloodstones
Holy crap guys, team JP is having a nail biter weather year- :yoinks:
If you want to, pick alternates for the Comp if you lost any that were choice... this sort of thing is beyond any planning or control...
I'm just glad your crop wasn't totaled!

Interesting bud structure on this Twenty20 Honey Badger. Definitely gonna be purple with honey colored pistils lots of trics.
That's putting it kindly my friend... A wonky pheno for sure, she's building like some sort of landrace Sativa. PM Adam about this, maybe there's more info about what's going on with this cultivar?
Day 77 RIP Grandpa’s Exodus
@Jean-O might be noteworthy that she doesn’t prefer amateur light dep :crying: give it a few days and we will know if it annoyingly seeded the first pistils on the other plants. I think I caught it in time as the most advanced ball I found only dropped pollen once I manipulated it after the chop. Then again there were these strange ball-less bananas as well so who knows if they busted a nut in the greenhouse. Pistils on the tips of the branches and every one was littered with balls the whole way down. It got buried in the compost
Dammit, speak of the freak-devil! Here I was just saying... :nono: :doh:
It's so early in bloom, you likely don't have much knock-up. Sometimes the pollen isn't very viable as well, so there's that...
Rinse the girls off if you can, use a wetting agent to help dislodge any lingering pollen...
Autowreck seems to be getting better, knock on wood eh. New growth looks healthy :thumbsup: Put boss grow gnome on her for good measure 😜
:yay:well dome mate! Often, the chlorosis won't repair, or very slowly... few more foliars may help push but most important is the new growth showing correction- :greenthumb:
The rest of the gang looks great! The Tex clone should fill in more soon, unless this cultivar is a known leggy type? BB is very well shaped, calling her the queen this season :smokeit:
@Waira Update
Super Citrus Haze
No doubt, it's nip-tuck-lop & break phase for your girls :coffee:... All coming along well!
Thanks for advising Newman too :thumbsup::toke:

Oh My! Too funny The Cherry apple ftitter is over 5 feet tall and I'm giving it the test :haha:
I put a couple of drops of hydrogen peroxide in the test cup and a little more RO water in for evaporation. It looks lively
@Rasterman . and All
Very nice plants! :spels:
Too funny indeed, it's race to which will show sex first, the cutting or the mama - :rofl:

update on the outdoor comp girls. I just got back from an amazing vacation with my family to Myrtle Beach SC and things have blown up out in the garden over the past week.
The autos are looking great!
Good on the family vay-cay Jean, nobody's too sunburned I hope!

The garden is thriving for sure :coffee:... RBF is jammin' now that the shock/trauma is well over...
Devils Lettuce S1 photo is really impressing me with its outdoor vigor. I have a few more days left on my vacation from work and I'm hoping to get a frame built around her so I can trellis it up.
She's going very shrubby and lush! ...yup, time for some trellis action and spreading those branches out... She'll be a major boosh before long!
Same for SR, grinding those hormonal gears is well over now... I'll be curious to see how soon she goes into bloom from here...
SkH is thrusting! :hump:
Everything is really looking great out in the garden for how little rain fall we have had. I have quite a bit of testing going on this season outdoors trying to gather up some good outdoor information on some of the cultivars I'm playing with. It should be a very flavorful fall this year which is exciting...
The Crazy Kush that I replaced earlier this summer has finally snapped out of the premature flowering and is starting to pick up some size in full veg mode. I pretty much stripped all of the early flowering buds off so it can veg a little better and this plant is extremely loud! A very smelly even blend of the parents Sweet Seeds Green Poison FV and Dinafem Quick Kush that complement each other's aroma in a bliss of dankness! I'm not expecting this one to get much size but it does usually get a good stretch during preflower so I may get a pleasant surprise later this season... Don't mind the awesome pink flamingo wind chimes lol I use them in the garden to spook off unwanted critters.
I was gonna ask, but you beat me to it on CK... It's been a bit tricky with the FV's this year, but educational as well - :thumbsup: this FV thing isn't as simple or predictable as it sounds!
Did you clone this CK? Her aroma strength and blend is rockin', might be worth a deeper look....
i'm now convinced it'z a soil issue, but it'z already too late to be makin up a whole new batch, so i'm jus gonna ride it out :shrug: ppp
Dude I feel your pain literally! My first round of tent auto's S-U-C-K sucksuck = :face:...something went very sideways around blooming, they started fading out fast, budding stalled out, just bitchy about any nute inputs... fuck me running, never had this before and there's no fixing it now really...:cuss: 2 months lost! I may just kick them outside for good and get going on a new round ASAP....grrrrrr... What bugs me most is they are private breeders works, and a poor showing is a real kick to the balls...
Lower fans fading is looking nutritional most likely... pH check is in order if you can... I don't know the details of your feeds/soils, but have you tinkered with this yet? Humic-fulvic can really help with several things,....

Dude I feel your pain literally! My first round of tent auto's S-U-C-K sucksuck = :face:...something went very sideways around blooming, they started fading out fast, budding stalled out, just bitchy about any nute inputs... fuck me running, never had this before and there's no fixing it now really...:cuss: 2 months lost! I may just kick them outside for good and get going on a new round ASAP....grrrrrr... What bugs me most is they are private breeders works, and a poor showing is a real kick to the balls...
Lower fans fading is looking nutritional most likely... pH check is in order if you can... I don't know the details of your feeds/soils, but have you tinkered with this yet? Humic-fulvic can really help with several things,....

ya, this is def turnin out to be my worst grow yet :cuss: i too started a couple autoz inside, and jus like all the rest, they did sprout...but that'z all they did :rofl: :doh: so, jus las nite, i put a couple more auto beanz to soak & will try em in a comp diff soil that i happen to have a little of in storage....we'll see :shrug: as far as the detailz of my od soil....well....next subject plz :rofl: :toke: ppp

@Waira sorry to hear of your predicament. I’ll pm Adam and see what info he might have about this variant.

Here’s some more photos of the OgChem fans. Seems to be leaning more towards a FV than a Auto.
IMG_4522.jpeg

@Waira I met the guy that gave me the Cherry apple fritter at a terp contest at a grow shop (that I got first and second in). I gave him some photo Blueberry from Farmers lab that won first, and a close second place was won with Fastbuds Gorilla Punch autoflower both that I grew here on AFN.
When I asked him (testing company owner) the direct question Is this a feminized seed (that he was giving me) he waffled and a red flag went up. Bad thing to happen to a person with a decent memory.
Good luck on your tough hand that you have been delt For sure.

Last edited:
Back