Using BioTabs starter kit from seed

Noman

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Quick one, can I germinate an auto seed directly in the medium using the BioTabs starter kit? The starter kit is mostly soil improver so I’m guessing there’s not harm? I am using LightMix & Coco
Thanks in advance!

The method consists of preparing the substrate with the BioTabs products in the quantities indicated and repeating the same procedure each time the plant is transplanted into a new pot.
Reading that from the description of it suggests you can basically treat it like any soil mix. Since they state you treat the new bigger pot substrate then up pot into it.
I'd be more concerned about the mixing of those two substrates than the BioTab stuff. Is the coco just straight coconut husk or is it a coco/peat mix, think the peat part might have a pH lowering effect. Maybe others with better knowledge can help out as I just stay with a single substrate.

me personally i start mine just in light mix then pot them on from their solo cups but as far as I'm aware and if you watch the biotabs videos they don't ever seem to start seeds directly in the pot also @Bob's Auto's will know better

Hey @Philyefc,

BioTabs recommends using their SeedPlugs & Startermix for a good start. :thumbsup:
I usually germinate into cotton pads, select the best sprouts and then sow into fabric pouches filled with lightmix/seedling mix. Add some Mycotrex in the hole before you add the sprout and after that water carefully with dechlorinated water and Bactrex. Then cover the lot up with some microwave foil.
This method always works!

I like to add a generous amount (1/4 of the mix) of fresh worm compost, including the worms, to my soilmix. Just don't sow into that as the soil life will eat your sprouts before they get to the surface. Don't ask why I know that :wall::haha:

Regards,

Bob :toke:

p.s. In case I didn't welcome you yet.... :welcome: To AFN buddy!!! :woohoo:Woop woop :woohoo1::cooldance::welcome:

Hey @Philyefc,

BioTabs recommends using their SeedPlugs & Startermix for a good start. :thumbsup:
I usually germinate into cotton pads, select the best sprouts and then sow into fabric pouches filled with lightmix/seedling mix. Add some Mycotrex in the hole before you add the sprout and after that water carefully with dechlorinated water and Bactrex. Then cover the lot up with some microwave foil.
This method always works!

I like to add a generous amount (1/4 of the mix) of fresh worm compost, including the worms, to my soilmix. Just don't sow into that as the soil life will eat your sprouts before they get to the surface. Don't ask why I know that :wall::haha:

Regards,

Bob :toke:

p.s. In case I didn't welcome you yet.... :welcome: To AFN buddy!!! :woohoo:Woop woop :woohoo1::cooldance::welcome:
Hey man, I have seen your organic grows on here previously an must say they are awesome bro!
I also germinate in a tissue an then into a fabric pot but was curious to see if it was possible to sow directly into soil.

When you add Mycotrex to the little hole, how much do you use?

A thanks man! I have been a member since this was autoflower NET an then it disappeared for ages hahah I was lost an had so many unanswered questions haha

Thanks my man!

Thanks mate!! It's been a learning process for me to as I was originally a chem nutes guy, but ever since I went organic my grows have become better and better. I used to put all my energy into making the right nutes, now I just pamper the bennies inside the soil and they do all the hard work for me! That's what I call a Win-Win situation :thumbsup:
To answer your question, yes you can sow directly into the soil, but I always recommend sowing into a smaller container/pouch first.
When inserting the sprout into the hole I just dust it with a teaspoon until the hole is lightly covered, you don't want to fill the hole of course. Then use the spoon's handle as a churning stick and mix the soil around the hole with the Mycotrex. When you remove the spoon's handle from the soil, you have a nice tunnel where you can lower the sprout into. :thumbsup:

hi, great threat. I have similar question as well. I got the starter pack, pk booster compost tea and bio pk 5-8. my first grow with biotabs. pot recipe is 70% lightmix 30% worm humus, 50 gr startrex, 5 gr mycotrex in various size airpots and i did the initial watering 5 ml orgatrex with a gr of bactrex per liter of water. this is day 24 and i havent placed any tablet yet. Lemon OG Auto from MSNL seeds. I know this plant is a light feeder im afraid to stick tablets.
thinking adding only one tablet each pot at the end of week 4.
much appreciated any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_20230424_200226.jpg
    IMG_20230424_200226.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 15
Hey @King's Indican,

Those ladies look mighty fine 👌
I'm assuming you also used the Silicium Flash? Those are fast acting nutrients which the plants use up, while the bennies in the Bactrex do their thing on the BioTabs. But...you didn't plug them in soil from the start?
I would suggest you add the suggested amount of BioTabs minus one as you are already so far ahead in the grow. The chance exists that the bennies won't process everything before harvest time and that would be a waste :shrug:
If you know this cultivar and know it's a light feeder, you could go one less BioTab, but I would not do that myself. One rarely has overfeeding with BioTabs as the Bacteria produce what the plants ask for in return for carbohydrates which the plant extrudes via the roots. As soon as the plant has enough it stops producing the carbs and voila...But I digress :eyebrows:
So I don't know how big the pots are, but those look like +- 20L to me, which would be 3 BioTabs, in which case I would suggest using two. Push one about 5cm's/2" into the soil and the other one 10cm's/4" deep. Reapply the Bactrex/Orgatrex to activate the tabs. :thumbsup:

Day 24...This is close to flowering, so come back when they do and we'll talk some more :toke: You are going to have some fun with the PK Booster Compost tea/Bio PK 5-8. I've gotten some nice results from this combo :coffee:

my friend, thank you for your comment. I have 4 of 20L and 2 of 10L pots. I applied two tablets for big ones and 1 for small ones at day 25 along with blumat system only plain tap water in the reservoir and the result at day 40. the plant in the bottom middle is 11 days younger. I just inserted the tablets and did nothing ever since. I just let the tapwater sit 48 hours and i dont ph it. I think Biotabs is amazing when combined with Blumats. This is my first grow using both this products.
IMG_20230508_220728.jpg

my friend, thank you for your comment. I have 4 of 20L and 2 of 10L pots. I applied two tablets for big ones and 1 for small ones at day 25 along with blumat system only plain tap water in the reservoir and the result at day 40. the plant in the bottom middle is 11 days younger. I just inserted the tablets and did nothing ever since. I just let the tapwater sit 48 hours and i dont ph it. I think Biotabs is amazing when combined with Blumats. This is my first grow using both this products.View attachment 1592444
Amazing growth and exactly what you'd expect using BioTabs :cheers:
Let them bennies do all the hard work, just don't forget to feed them once in a while. That's where the Orgatrex is for.
As soon as flower starts it's time to start thinking about making some PK Booster Compost tea, heavily diluted it's a great transition from the Nitrate converting bacteria to the Potassium and Phosphor converting bacteria. But we'll talk when you get there.

Great work, keep it going and you're going to have a nice harvest to enjoy :thumbsup:

Back