Grow Mediums Watering Root Riot or Rapid Rooters during seed germination. How much?

How many ml RO water each day on Rapid Rooter or Root Riot plus for best germination environment?

• 1ml

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5ml

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • 10ml

• 20ml

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • 50ml

• none

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hello... I was wondering how much (an actual amount) of water I should be adding to my plugs after i have the seeds in them. When i started i submersed and fully squeezed out the air bubbles then pulled it out and squeezed lighter to get all the super excess out...but didnt squeeze it like a sponge bone dry. I am worried they r too dry and I also worry about over watering at this stage. Has anyone had any luck using 10ml/day RO water? 5ml? 20? Any help would be appreciated. I have accurate humidity and temperature control. Was thinking 80f for air and also 80% humidity. Any thoughts on this as well? Do you guys presoak in a glass of water the seeds 1st? Thanks!

Hello... I was wondering how much (an actual amount) of water I should be adding to my plugs after i have the seeds in them. When i started i submersed and fully squeezed out the air bubbles then pulled it out and squeezed lighter to get all the super excess out...but didnt squeeze it like a sponge bone dry. I am worried they r too dry and I also worry about over watering at this stage. Has anyone had any luck using 10ml/day RO water? 5ml? 20? Any help would be appreciated. I have accurate humidity and temperature control. Was thinking 80f for air and also 80% humidity. Any thoughts on this as well? Do you guys presoak in a glass of water the seeds 1st? Thanks!
use root riots myself and squeeze them as you do you don't want them drying out they will choke the roots I use this method never let me down yet
https://www.autoflower.org/threads/germination-the-ronin-way.33891/ good luck with your grow :pass:

I also use Ronin's method and have 100% germination rate. Thats 15 plants from 15 seeds over the at year.

Thanks for both of the tips guys. I really appreciate it. Do you ever have trouble with the hole being not big enough for them to pop out? Im worried that i need to open that tiny root riot hole more so it can escape.

Thanks for both of the tips guys. I really appreciate it. Do you ever have trouble with the hole being not big enough for them to pop out? Im worried that i need to open that tiny root riot hole more so it can escape.
no mate your all good never happened to me yet unless you let them dry out :pass:

When you guys soak the seeds b4 putting them in the Root Riots do you just wait till they sink or do you wait till u see the taproot b4 pulling them out of the water?

I don't soak my seeds. Just saturate cube, insert seed, put in Tupperware or zip local container, seal the lid then put on a heat pad set on low set in a dark place. Let it sit for 12 hours then squeeze maybe 1/3 of the water out of cube, put back in container and on heat pad. Check back again in 24 hours. Drip a little of the condesated water from the zip lock lid onto the cube just to keep it moist. Do this once every 24 hours till sprout pops up. Then I pot up the sprout. Longest it took was 4 days, shortest was like
36 hours from the time I inserted seed till she popped her head up. Averaged is probably 3 days from start to finish.

Back