OK - so here it is.
The final total.

CAVEAT(s):
  • as already documented, there was some 'shrinkage' due to mold, which accounts for most of the 'under' weight.
  • there was further shrinkage due to excessive drying. Call it post-mold paranoia. There are some buds that are super-crispy. I expect the Boveda packs to correct that in the jars, which will [probably] also add some weight back.
  • both 'mold diminished' and 'super-crispy' yields are highlighted below.

Combined Total.png

Ironically, the final Wet : Dry percentage has come out at the original ~ 22.5%.

It's been one hell of a grow.
I'm not sure what more could have gone wrong, if I'm honest.
Pretty sure I encountered just about every challenge I could have.
  • Environmental issues with high temps,
  • electricity dramas and house fire risks,
  • plant threatening toxicity issues,
  • vermin and crop destroying critters,
  • no water,
  • harvest obliterating mold, and
  • even men in uniforms.

What a ride!

That's makes the ~ 42 oz haul even more appreciated.

Harvest.JPG

Thanks for being part of it, and for contributing to the thread.
Truth is, if it wasn't for the comments and feedback, it would be a long and lonely journey.

Hasta próxima vez mis amigos.
Hasta luego.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it wasn't bud rot, per se.

It was mold during the drying, post-harvest, due to the buds just being too damn big.
I broke my own "no bigger than a gold ball" unbreakable rule.
Didn't WANT to; just couldn't break the double-header buds down any smaller.
I had both mate in the tent and on dried buds didn't separate them well enough that bud rot stop is also an inoculant against it worth a try in my books that mildew is nasty going to turn the stuff I cant smoke into oil for edibles just to be on the safe side :pass:

OK - so here it is.
The final total.

CAVEAT(s):
  • as already documented, there was some 'shrinkage' due to mold, which accounts for most of the 'under' weight.
  • there was further shrinkage due to excessive drying. Call it post-mold paranoia. There are some buds that are super-crispy. I expect the Boveda packs to correct that in the jars, which will [probably] also add some weight back.
  • both 'mold diminished' and 'super-crispy' yields are highlighted below.

View attachment 629832

Ironically, the final Wet : Dry percentage has come out at the original ~ 22.5%.

It's been one hell of a grow.
I'm not sure what more could have gone wrong, if I'm honest.
Pretty sure I encountered just about every challenge I could have.
  • Environmental issues with high temps,
  • electricity dramas and house fire risks,
  • plant threatening toxicity issues,
  • vermin and crop destroying critters,
  • no water,
  • harvest obliterating mold, and
  • even men in uniforms.

What a ride!

That's makes the ~ 42 oz haul even more appreciated.

Thanks for being part of it, and for contributing to the thread.
Truth is, if it wasn't for the comments and feedback, it would be a long and lonely journey.

Hasta próxima vez mis amigos.
Hasta luego.
many a mere mortal would have gave up months ago yoz take a well deserved :slap: did you manage to get your electric sorted?

many a mere mortal would have gave up months ago yoz take a well deserved :slap: did you manage to get your electric sorted?

No mate, not yet.
But here's the thing ...

I can't call Mr Random Electrician, who I do not know, with grow tent, large rack full of drying buds, etc., when they are still very much present and visible.

That's been the most frustrating part of it.
There are things I NEED to do, but when you either have 16 plants very visible on your land, OR the result of 16 plants drying in your house, inviting complete strangers into the house isn't on top of your Bucket List.

Well - not mine.

giphy.gif

No mate, not yet.
But here's the thing ...

I can't call Mr Random Electrician, who I do not know, with grow tent, large rack full of drying buds, etc., when they are still very much present and visible.

That's been the most frustrating part of it.
There are things I NEED to do, but when you either have 16 plants very visible on your land, OR the result of 16 plants drying in your house, inviting complete strangers into the house isn't on top of your Bucket List.

Well - not mine.

giphy.gif
Ye I had fun getting an electrician in the loft told him I was converting it into a man cave somewhere to sort all my fishing gear and I needed a lot of watts just for my gaming computer he must have believed me that was 2 years ago not been raided yet maybe reach out to your local cannabis club they might know someone but yes have to agree it's best to wait till all the evidence is gone [emoji106]

de do doe don't de do

Stunning work sir,
seems like you have collected all the challenges and rewards of cannabis growing and condensed in a diary.

Hope you enjoy the fruits of your labor, they are well deserved mate!
Don't forget to tell us something about the smoke ;)

And of course when you need more seeds, please send us a PM
Sweet smokes
Jaypp

Great grow Yozza, it's been one of the most interesting grows I've watched! You got it done in the end tho bud and it looks like you'll have more than enough good weed to last a few months.

As for the sparkie issue, if you pack your grow kit away and tell him you're gonna convert the room into a utility room with a tumble dryer, washing machine and stuff, that'll sort it. Plenty of sockets my maaan.. [emoji6][emoji1360]

Back