Indoor kfigerm tries his best

So i just wanted to pop up and give a little update on my mite-plagued think different lady.
The was chopped and I gave her a good wash for two days in a mix of tap/ro-water ~ 200 ppm with very little soap. I washed them well and there was lots of white and brownish-red mess washed out. What doesn't glue to the buds is gone and will further be treated in watercure.
But before i separated the buds from the branches i took a pic i wanted to share.

All these branches have become nice colas directly from the bottom up. This is how the others look as well and i am very much hoping the rest won't be bitten by mites or mold too much, because i expect a great outcome.

Here is the pic of the whole plant, taken down to branches/colas.
2023-02-14-150720_002.jpeg

that silver below is about 40 cm high, so you can guess the size of the branches.
Now they are chopped and drowned for some days...what a cruelty.

Cheers!

After holiday - day 91 think different, day 85 wedding cake
So I once more left for some days and let the kids play alone.
Looking into the tent was not too bad, but I trust my setup and theres now little to mess up.
But I managed - the res went dry for two days because the pump didn't switch off once and ran one hour instead if 15 minutes and a lot went into the drain. My "housekeeper" fixed that while he was caring for the watercure (more on that later), but he used tap water, so that wasn't perfect also, but who cares...the pyramids don't.
So here are some pics of how they look after that home alone.

yes, you see budrot on one cola of the td...directly removed the whole branch. But that can happen and I exprected more whoes..so I am very pleased with what i see.
The mites are still there, but they didn't spread too much on those two.
But it's high time the ladies show me some browns now - still none on both.

think different foxtailed like hell...that will be an awful trim. The rotten branch is now off.

2023-02-25-151054_014.jpeg

2023-02-25-151054_006.jpeg

2023-02-25-151054_005.jpeg

wedding cake goes yellow now. Not all natural fade, but not too bad.
2023-02-25-151054_013.jpeg

2023-02-25-151054_003.jpeg

here is how the mold down on the pyramid progressed - below you see the full drain - 6l - one more and it would have spilled over.
But the rest of the timer setting was OK, so all played out well.
2023-02-25-151054_008.jpeg

So taken all the shit that happened this grow and how the last 10 days played out without some silly kfigerm interacting all that doesn't look too bad for me.

Cheers

Attachments

• 2023-02-25-151054_012.jpeg
    2023-02-25-151054_012.jpeg
    756.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 2023-02-25-151054_011.jpeg
    2023-02-25-151054_011.jpeg
    746.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 2023-02-25-151054_004.jpeg
    2023-02-25-151054_004.jpeg
    615.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 2023-02-25-151054_002.jpeg
    2023-02-25-151054_002.jpeg
    415.6 KB · Views: 5
the watercure
and now to the watercure.
the buds of the first harvested lady (Feb 14, 2023 ) went into a bin, drwoned under RO water. A daily to bi-daily water change was made.
one of my square bins fit perfecly to my pyramids' containers, so i used them to seal off air. I filled the water until it spilled over the bin when I pushed the upper container down into it. So for sure the buds are sealed from air and have a good amount of water that sucks the shit out of them.
Then i took them out and pre-dried them - after dry they went into a bag.

wet and fully soaked and leeched buds - still looking nice big.
2023-02-25-151054_007.jpeg

50 years of duty and still is perfect to get the excess water out for fast dry
2023-02-25-151054_010.jpeg

after the process I had approx 50g! dry watercured buds without mites and shit.
Yes, all that process "costs" about 1/2 to 2/3 of weight. This watercure was much longer than i did before so i guess it comes to ~120g "real" dry buds.
But thats the way a whole plant fits into one 2oz grove bag...not that it's needed, there are barely any terpenes left.
Does it taste good? no it tastes nearly chemical. But are the mites washed out, yes, can you smoke it, yes, and you have plenty of fun vaporizing that in public...no one will recognize this smell as cannabis. You can also make edibles without smell.

Lets see what happens to this bag full of watercure:
2023-02-28-103400_002.jpeg

Cheers!

Watercure eh? So if I'm reading correctly that was 14 days or so underwater? Interesting technique. I don't think I've seen anyone else do that on here yet. I see a couple people washing their outdoor grows here and there. Do you think the smell will come back after some time in the grove bags?

hi @DCLXVI - well I learned about watercure here about 10 years ago. So if you search you'll find some posts about it in the archives.
The time is not so crucial. I was away for 10 days, so that was the timeframe. I had someone changing the water for me, but i didn't trust in him to do a proper dry then. They dry very fast, but if you don't separate them they get moldy fast. But as there are no terpenes to preserve and the cells already degraded due to the watercure, the fast dry is best to do.
The terpenes won't come back for sure - what's gone is gone.
The only thing to do it is for cleaning, NOT wanting terpenes for stealth smoking and a "little" concentrating of the stuff. If you do it gently and properly with lukewarm to room-tempered water the trichs won't fall off and as a result you get the same amount of trichs in a condensed volume...so get ready for the hit.
It is definitely not for the taste - but it doesn't smell/taste bad...but it's not what one is used to.
I think there will be some festivals in summer, where i will cary some of the pre ground stuff - it looks darker as well, so it is very stealth - except the "strange" smell, that mostly nobody can identify.

Cheers

wedding cake day 87 - harvest
So the last days more and more brown pistils showed up and some became too dark. So the girl was taken down today.
Here some pics of the lady
2023-03-02-213003_004.jpeg

2023-03-02-213003_006.jpeg

2023-03-02-213003_007.jpeg

2023-03-02-213003_009.jpeg

and the result lays in front of me - larf left away, all looks nice and healthy after a cleanup.
2023-03-02-213003_002.jpeg

broken down to buds it is eight brown paper bags - approx 3-5 oz /100-150g.
The buds were completely free from mites, but some had scars. She seems pretty resistant. The last think different is getting raided in the tent, but that one is still clear to milky..more on her another day.
I am pretty happy with that outcome, cos that shows all the fade was less a mess up than i thought after the days away.

Cheers!

the watercure thread from long time ago
So after not getting the domainname right for some time, i now found my way back and for those who were asking for watercure i found something. Due to the coincidencs of my shattered content history one old thread popped up as first one - and guess which one

The Water Cure

because my second TD is bitten by mites as well in the last days, since the wc was aout of the tent, i will have to do the same for her.

Cheers!

Dry weight
so after the week drying all goes into grtove bags for cure... it's ~180g of fine bud.
So the nonbelievers can compare the pics from the run now and see how the watercure would have been around the same amount of buds, but it is approx cut by half to third of volume and weight because of the watercure and so fits into one 2oz grove bag (above are the numbers of the td - my estimation with 120 "real" dry bud would be on the lower end then after 10 days of watercure - it would have been 150+ i guess).

2023-03-11-111532_002a.jpeg

the math: 243-3x21 of bags =~180g

Cheers!

Last edited:
decision for next grow
So which one should i add - I have 20 runtz seeds that will be used as a reference for the next grows...which ones would best fit for the timeframe and size.
As always i plan 3 plants that will fit well into the tent -
which ones of those barneys would you grow together?
2023-03-11-112355_002.jpeg

the wedding cake this time was assumed to grow longer, but she came in right in the timeframe early. So I take her into the bunch.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

own first post for the record
It is funny what such a software shift brings to light, and as there was just some movement in the 10 year thread - welcome back Stitch - it's interesting for me to see my origins

my introduction back in 13

I couldn't see them when i came back last year or i forgot about it. Somehow it popped up now. Sorry that all the pics are gone long ago.
I just thought I should pull this in here, cos its around the time of my 10 year membership, though there was a bad and long hiatus.
Cheers!

Back