Bob's Journey into Hybridisation and Genetics - For Dummies

bob from what ive heard from the biotabs folks rocio was in the wrong industry and to have to come in and clean all the mess she had made and as far as I know me and you were just let go maybe because we voiced our opinion and you know what bro I was proper proud when you made a stand about leaving you with no products and even more sending starter packs out to people who you 99 per cent had convinced to move over and I recon karel may not have even seen your emails or maybe he said carry on as normal and she just got her power to the head moves as I said she acted like the products were coming out of her pockets
Brother...Things happen for a reason. If BioTabs wants to sponsor me...Great, I would proudly display their products and show others how to work with them as I've done so in the past. Their products are what got me into Organic growing. So, let's not dwell into the past and take it day by day, at least that's how I'm doing these days. This seems to work out for me as all things seem to fall into place. I'm soon to start my White Widow thread and if I were @Marshydro I would jump at the opportunity to get some of my tech shown off for a couple of years... :dancer:
Anywho...Just ordered the right dimmable COB (DOB) lights and one extra triac dimmer for my DIMyself light. Because that's also a passion I've picked up again because of the situation...tinkering with things and making something out of nothing :thumbsup:

You see buddy, one door closes and another opens up...:smokeit:

Hey guys :toke:

The DOB's have arrived and passed customs. So, early next week my DIM light build will be done...YES!! Finally I can get started with this new project of mine!!
So tonight I started with some boring stuff, but it is something I still wanted to share with y'all :cheers:
1708723887377 _small.jpg

Folding little seedling pouches... :shrug::haha:
I have the same bags in a larger size, but I wanted to use these first to plant the sprouts in, so I can transfer these pouches in the larger ones when they have enough roots. Don't want a repeat of last time, planting the sprouts in my organic soil mix. It's just to active with life and while I swear by it, it's just too aggressive for the taproots.
I'll be using Startrex and some Silicium Flash from BioTabs to mix with a fresh bag of seedling/light mix. That will be enough until I see roots emerging from the sides.

From left to right...The bags as they arrived, then a bag folded into itself, followed by another baggie pulled over a small spice jar so they are inside out. Finally the baggies that were done. I have approximately 100 pouches which are folded now. The missus was laughing loud when I was folding them as this is really boring work and I was complaining about it, but it needs to be done. :coffee2::haha:
1708723887384 _small.jpg

Tomorrow I'll be getting the soil and start filling the pouches. Only need to find something that can hold the pouches when filled, hmmmm🤔 Ok, those are the meds, I'll be placing the pouches inside my XL Garland High Dome propagator. :coffee2:
Hopefully the seeds from Dutch Passion will arrive soon and then we're off to a flying start 🤞

I wish you all a great morning/day/evening and hope all is well. ♥

Bob :toke:

Last edited:
Hey growers & blowers :toke:

Used the last remnants of the Starter Pack from BioTabs to prepare the seedling/light mix.
1708786804846 _small.jpg

Used the entire pack of Startrex together with the last half of a pack Silicium Flash. :thumbsup:
1708786804837 _small.jpg

Took the soil, perlite and additives with me outside and mixed it up on a tarp.
1708786804827 _small.jpg

Together with my youngest boy I filled 60 pouches and 69 P9 pots. The pouches will be used for my chilies & tomatoes and the P9 pots for the White Widow project. :woohoo1::woohoo::woohoo1::woohoo:
1708786804822 _small.jpg

I placed 23 pots in each Garland tray, keeping one spot open for easy watering...Then gave each tray 5L plain tap water to soak into the soil. There was no Bactrex added as I used the last of it when preparing the Biochar last year. :shrug:
1708789586431 _small.jpg

I now have more pots then I actually need, but be sure of it that all the pots will receive a sprout :eyebrows:
Later this afternoon/evening, me and my boy will be sowing the chili and tomato seeds.
The Garland trays will be placed inside the Mars Hydro 60x60x140 tent, waiting until I received the seeds. Meanwhile the Startrex can do it's thing.
St.Tom, if the people from BioTabs like what they see, you know how they can get into contact with me, right? :cheers:

Regards,

Last edited:

Used the last remnants of the Starter Pack from BioTabs to prepare the seedling/light mix.
View attachment 1667498

Used the entire pack of Startrex together with the last half of a pack Silicium Flash. :thumbsup:
View attachment 1667499

View attachment 1667500

Together with my youngest boy I filled 60 pouches and 69 P9 pots. The pouches will be used for my chilies & tomatoes and the P9 pots for the White Widow project. :woohoo1::woohoo::woohoo1::woohoo:
View attachment 1667501

I placed 23 pots in each Garland tray, keeping one spot open for easy watering...Then gave each tray 5L plain tap water to soak into the soil. There was no Bactrex added as I used the last of it when preparing the Biochar last year. :shrug:View attachment 1667502

I now have more pots then I actually need, but be sure of it that all the pots will receive a sprout :eyebrows:
Later this afternoon/evening, me and my boy will be sowing the chili and tomato seeds.
The Garland trays will be placed inside the Mars Hydro 60x60x140 tent, waiting until I received the seeds. Meanwhile the Startrex can do it's thing.
St.Tom, if the people from BioTabs like what they see, you know how they can get into contact with me, right? :cheers:

Regards,

Back at it Bob 💪.

Results.

View attachment 1667498

View attachment 1667499

View attachment 1667500

View attachment 1667501

I placed 23 pots in each Garland tray, keeping one spot open for easy watering...Then gave each tray 5L plain tap water to soak into the soil. There was no Bactrex added as I used the last of it when preparing the Biochar last year. :shrug:View attachment 1667502

Regards,

You won't beleave me but now they have just sacked the women who took over rocio and she had been there 3 years and I'd been working pretty well with her but now I'm going to see who replaces her

You won't beleave me but now they have just sacked the women who took over rocio and she had been there 3 years and I'd been working pretty well with her but now I'm going to see who replaces her
As I said before. Everything happens for a reason. :shrug:
Glad I had the chance to learn with their products. I've got everything covered except for the BoomBoom Spray, but I've already bought a 250ml bottle which will last me for a couple of years.

Last edited:
Thanks WildBill, I do too. You can learn so much from them. That's why I like to share them :d5:

It's this one.
They don't sell them anymore :shrug: The cool thing about them is that there's an alternative firmware out there which makes access over WiFi very easy.
It's essentially a small linux machine which runs a FTP server to access the files.

On dashcamtalk you can find threads which camera models can do the same. I found it after buying my last action camera, which isn't supported :wall:
It still is able to take time lapse pictures, but the settings are more restricted. ie, max time between pictures is 1min on the new camera and 5min on the old.

Once you have your pictures you only need to stich them together. There's software out there that does it automatically, but I rather use VSDC. It's free and does all kinds of other stuff. Plus, there's a whole load of YouTube video's out there on how to work the package.
This is an example on how to create the time lapse.

To post it on AFN I use VLC to compress the file to 1080p which creates a file of about 35MB.
Step 1:
View attachment 1650660

Add your file and click on Convert / Save
View attachment 1650662

Select this profile.
View attachment 1650663

Select a destination and create a filename, don't use the same name as the original...Then press start.
View attachment 1650664

Oh, make sure this button isn't selected in VLC as it will keep running the conversion..hehe
View attachment 1650665

After a couple of minutes your new file will be ready and a whole lot smaller 👌

I'm not caught up in here Bob so not sure if you already know but Hobbes recently upgraded the video size allowed to 100mb. I can take a decent length video on my phone and upload with no compression. Saves the higher resolution for a much higher quality video and decent length 30sec+:headbang::d5::pass:

I'm not caught up in here Bob so not sure if you already know but Hobbes recently upgraded the video size allowed to 100mb. I can take a decent length video on my phone and upload with no compression. Saves the higher resolution for a much higher quality video and decent length 30sec+:headbang::d5::pass:
Thanks, didn't know that. Maybe now I can start making 4K versions :headbang:
And thank you for the love bombs :cheers:

Thanks, didn't know that. Maybe now I can start making 4K versions :headbang:
And thank you for the love bombs :cheers:

Yeah for sure can I'd say no more then a minute long but still can't fit a a lot in a 100mb video while making life easy saving some steps:headbang::pop:

No problem all caught up glad to see you back at it I try to keep up but get side tracked sometimes and fall behind :baked:

Last edited:
Yeah for sure can I'd say no more then a minute long but still can't fit a a lot in a 100mb video while making life easy saving some steps:headbang::pop:
Do you have VLC player? I used this to compress my clips with. 55MB will become 10MB.
Start VLC, press CTRL+R. Add your clip (best todo one at a time) and click convert/save.
1708809169606.png

In the window that opens up set the profile to Video for Android HD and browse to the location where you want your resized video file.
1708808778093.png

And Bob's your uncle :toke: :rofl:

No problem all caught glad to see you back at it I try to keep up but get side tracked sometimes and fall behind :baked:
Yeah, know the feeling :d5:

Last edited:
Back