Photography Coal miners daughter F5

Curranabis

Alien Life Form
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Black GDP
#1 female
Shorter height and internodal spacing darker shade of green and broader leaves.
IMG_1200.jpeg

#2 female
This gal is more lanky, with twice the internodal spacing of #1 and 4.5 inches taller. More of a line green color and thinner leaves.
IMG_1201.jpeg

#3 male
this was the more desireable male of two. He has a smaller stature with a similar dark color as #1.
IMG_1217.jpeg

My first attempt at breeding. Coal Miners Daughter F5. I failed to germinate two seeds. The three that lived were these two males and a stunted female. Totally my newbie error. They were 35 days old when I put them together. About two weeks later I killed and removed the males. The female is now 70 days old. I should cut her down soon I guess. She's still very small so I'm not expecting much. I feel like I'm holding on to a thread trying to get a few regular autoflower seeds. I hope I get enough to try again.
20230723_170739.jpg

20230723_170622.jpg

That's pieces of pollen sacs all over her.
20230723_170554.jpg

My first attempt at breeding. Coal Miners Daughter F5. I failed to germinate two seeds. The three that lived were these two males and a stunted female. Totally my newbie error. They were 35 days old when I put them together. About two weeks later I killed and removed the males. The female is now 70 days old. I should cut her down soon I guess. She's still very small so I'm not expecting much. I feel like I'm holding on to a thread trying to get a few regular autoflower seeds. I hope I get enough to try again. View attachment 1624147
View attachment 1624148
That's pieces of pollen sacs all over her.
View attachment 1624149
Very stacked boys!! I would snip off all the unopened sacs onto parchment in a shoe box. Let ‘em dry out and tap the underside, allowing the pollen to be released. Collect, without the plant matter and freeze. CMD makes excellent crosses. ( use seed vials with desiccant beads) By the looks, there is enough sacs to knock up hundreds of females.

I agree with @BCBudlady those males flowered like crazy! I would be keeping as much of their pollen as I could considering how well they turned out. I also harvest my sifted pollen into seed vials with some desiccant beads and stored in the back of the freezer for long term.

I had the opposite experience where my males were smaller and my ladies literally outgrew my tent, which I’ve never had an auto do before.
IMG_1317.jpeg

Very stacked boys!! I would snip off all the unopened sacs onto parchment in a shoe box. Let ‘em dry out and tap the underside, allowing the pollen to be released. Collect, without the plant matter and freeze. CMD makes excellent crosses. ( use seed vials with desiccant beads) By the looks, there is enough sacs to knock up hundreds of females.
Should a, could a, would a, but didn't. That plant is long gone. I should have done my research before I started. Next Time. I wish Gnome would release a few more regular auto seeds. Unfortunately, somebody is selling CMD F5 crossed with something else. I wouldn't blame any breeder for not ever releasing regular seeds again. I want to use the Gnome's genetics because I know what to expect. There are three distinct phenotypes of Black Strap that I have noticed. The lighter colored one produces very dark but smaller buds coated with trichomes. The darker green one has larger buds that are green and purple when dried and cured. Another one grows side branches that grow taller than the main stalk.
How long should I let the female go before harvesting? day 71 today.
Do I let it dry before trying to remove the seeds?

Should a, could a, would a, but didn't. That plant is long gone. I should have done my research before I started. Next Time. I wish Gnome would release a few more regular auto seeds. Unfortunately, somebody is selling CMD F5 crossed with something else. I wouldn't blame any breeder for not ever releasing regular seeds again. I want to use the Gnome's genetics because I know what to expect. There are three distinct phenotypes of Black Strap that I have noticed. The lighter colored one produces very dark but smaller buds coated with trichomes. The darker green one has larger buds that are green and purple when dried and cured. Another one grows side branches that grow taller than the main stalk.
How long should I let the female go before harvesting? day 71 today.
Do I let it dry before trying to remove the seeds?
From the time of pollination, you should wait a full six weeks. When harvesting for seeds, I’ll trim all the bigger fans off, do a whole plant hang dry and then deseed, allow the seeds to dry in a tray for a week or two, then into the freezer with desiccant beads.
Full Duplex had made a few photo to auto crosses using CMD, as well as sharing his genetics with friends to do the same.
Using others genetics is a huge compliment, but doing so for commercial gain without asking is a big no.

From the time of pollination, you should wait a full six weeks. When harvesting for seeds, I’ll trim all the bigger fans off, do a whole plant hang dry and then deseed, allow the seeds to dry in a tray for a week or two, then into the freezer with desiccant beads.
Full Duplex had made a few photo to auto crosses using CMD, as well as sharing his genetics with friends to do the same.
Using others genetics is a huge compliment, but doing so for commercial gain without asking is a big no.
Great thanks for that info. I'm trying out a lot of FD's collaborations with some really good breeders. When I have the time that is. I ordered way too many seeds and got loads of freebies. I'll get to them all eventually maybe. Wizards Stash remix is one I can't wait to grow. And Starfox. And.........
I wish I had Anvil F1 regular seeds and see where I can take them.

And so glad he made CMD available, it put me and a whole lot other people into the position to start breeding without the use of STS or CS. :pass:

Great thanks for that info. I'm trying out a lot of FD's collaborations with some really good breeders. When I have the time that is. I ordered way too many seeds and got loads of freebies. I'll get to them all eventually maybe. Wizards Stash remix is one I can't wait to grow. And Starfox. And.........
I wish I had Anvil F1 regular seeds and see where I can take them.
I don’t think FD released F1 regs of Anvil. Pretty sure they were F4 in the first release? Top quality work.

And so glad he made CMD available, it put me and a whole lot other people into the position to start breeding without the use of STS or CS. :pass:
All Alf#5 is excellent stock. I prefer to run regs , but will reverse fems when necessary.
Current project is repro of vintage ( 2017) 24Ct and Anvil F7 fems (I like this filial) and some old UEL photo regs. Preservation in mind .
EF4D4E02-04AC-4235-BA56-9A08AF43D261.jpeg

Back