Harvest & Curing Cob curing Malawi style

tangwena

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hi to all the members here I was encouraged to join by my good friend Hecno. I hope thats his handle here.
A few years ago now I started a thread on this cure on another forum and see there are a few people here into this style of curing as well.
I would be most interested in hearing from anyone with experience in curing autos this way and of course lots of pics ha ha.
I am currently at a remote fishing camp but when I return home Mid May I will access my library of cob pics and hope to show something of interest for those cobbers here and anyone interested in trying it.
This was yesterdays harvest.

IMG_2645.JPG

I'm so happy there's a cob dedicated thread !

As I can't smoke nor vape anymore, and being a little tired of tinctures (they work well, but I need some new ways to experiment cannabis), this caught my attention and I read the very long thread on another forum :eyebrows:

So here's my first attempt at making cob...

I chopped my special Red Strawberry Banana plant (aka alien plant or "the trunk" - she never grow side branches :nono:) and decided to cob her.
Hang dried for 2 days.
IMG_4724.jpg

IMG_4740.JPG

IMG_4742.JPG

Rolled, vac'ed and ready for the first phase : the sweat in a dehydrator @37,5°C (99,5°F) :
IMG_4743.JPG

This is a close-up view after 24h - I didn't noticed much droplets inside, barely a little humidity :
IMG_4744.JPG

I did dry it out a bit though and put it into my mini incubator (heating mat + plastic cover + towel) - temp is around 30°C (86°F) for the second phase - fermenting :
IMG_4746.JPG

Tonight will be 24h inside the incubator, and I can already see much more sweating (note : when I unpacked the cob, it broke in two. I probably didn't roll it correctly at first) :
IMG_4745.JPG

So the cobs are sweating now, instead during the sweat phase...
My question is : should I let it as it is and keep fermenting for another 5/6 days ?
Or open, dry and back into the incubator ?

You'll notice I don't use the corn leaves, as I've read in the other thread that it works well without them, so...

I'd love to have your opinion @tangwena, as well as from members who put me on tracks of the cob world :d5:
@Rick Dirte' @The^Dude @hecno

:toke:

@hecno got me interested in cobbing.
At the end of the current grow, I'll make some cobs. A little over 30 days into the grow, I can see I'll have plenty of bud with Root Beer Float. Hopefully one of my THC/CBD girls will produce well enough to allot some to cobbing. Hopefully that will make some very beneficial canna.

@hecno got me interested in cobbing.
At the end of the current grow, I'll make some cobs. A little over 30 days into the grow, I can see I'll have plenty of bud with Root Beer Float. Hopefully one of my THC/CBD girls will produce well enough to allot some to cobbing. Hopefully that will make some very beneficial canna.
Hoping to make some soon as well. Long term storage with sustained potency….and the amplified sensory bennies.

Back