Crossed 2 autos, but got photos?

Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Smoking Monkey's Durban Poison Auto
A friend of mine got some Hindu Kush autoflower seeds from Grower's Choice, and they autoflowered.
He reversed one, pollinated the other, but his seeds, that are now adult plants, are 7 weeks old with No signs of flowering.
He's switching to 12/12 now.
We've been trying to do some research, but everything says crossing 2 autos together makes autos.
Does this happen alot? We have more seeds, and I figure if we grow enough, at least some have to autoflower?
Does it just mean the genetics weren't stable enough yet, like they needed at least another F generation selection?
Should he have just waited? They are growing in hydro DWC buckets, can the super good growth slow the flowering down maybe?
Any thoughts?

Bad genetics.. There is no way for the photo period gene to just appear. It was a dominate trait in either the mother or father. There's no way to know what those reversed seeds will be without knowing what the parents truly were, since one of them obviously wasnt a full autoflower seed.

Don't worry about whether they auto or not, just grow'em...Years ago, I realized my preferred light schedule used for autos fit photos also so now I just veg every plant for 3 weeks 24/0 and throw'em into a 12/12 tent. All get burned in the end. My system allows me to grow anything I want....lots of variety and I ain't tied to either.

Bad genetics.. There is no way for the photo period gene to just appear. It was a dominate trait in either the mother or father. There's no way to know what those reversed seeds will be without knowing what the parents truly were, since one of them obviously wasnt a full autoflower seed.
You think it was a semi auto? Crossed to a full auto? My guess idk what might have made the breeder think it was full auto? Semi autos need light decrease to kick in flower little later right?

I got seeds that’s fpog cross right. The F1 fruity pebbles og is a hybrid when I look it up. But the breeder pack I got of it Rainbow ZkittleZ. Is a fpog F2 cross says photoperiod when I research it. Wonder what’s up with that possibly the direction the breeder took. A unstable auto has a certain percentage auto right?

Don't worry about whether they auto or not, just grow'em...Years ago, I realized my preferred light schedule used for autos fit photos also so now I just veg every plant for 3 weeks 24/0 and throw'em into a 12/12 tent. All get burned in the end. My system allows me to grow anything I want....lots of variety and I ain't tied to either.
That sounds awesome I agree I seen growers. Keep 17/17 all the way through test for sure if it will auto. An some plants grow pretty huge it’s pretty cool sometimes.

You think it was a semi auto? Crossed to a full auto? My guess idk what might have made the breeder think it was full auto? Semi autos need light decrease to kick in flower little later right?

I got seeds that’s fpog cross right. The F1 fruity pebbles og is a hybrid when I look it up. But the breeder pack I got of it Rainbow ZkittleZ. Is a fpog F2 cross says photoperiod when I research it. Wonder what’s up with that possibly the direction the breeder took. A unstable auto has a certain percentage auto right?
There's no such thing as semi auto.. It's either an auto or its a photo period. No telling how it happened.. I'm sure the zskittle seeds are fakes as well.. Zskittles was made by Dying Breed back in like 2015 or so... FPOG was never used in Zkittles. Rainbow Zkittles is a cross some did and named it after a popular strain to boost sales.. It want made by a reputable breeder that any one can vouch for. That's how bad genetics get on the market.

There's no such thing as semi auto.. It's either an auto or its a photo period. No telling how it happened.. I'm sure the zskittle seeds are fakes as well.. Zskittles was made by Dying Breed back in like 2015 or so... FPOG was never used in Zkittles. Rainbow Zkittles is a cross some did and named it after a popular strain to boost sales.. It want made by a reputable breeder that any one can vouch for. That's how bad genetics get on the market.
Just cause you never heard of it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. My genetics I bought were private stock limited release. By some talented big breeders out of Oregon. Only 100 packs ever released most 10 packs. You never seen my breeder pack. Before calling it fake I never said zkittles was inside the cross that made fpog. Zkittles just came out not long ago wtf. FYI I know the true secret recipe in the cross alien claims, because I’m the number one fruity pebbles og fan. So don’t talk like you know more about fpog than me. Starting drama over nothing.

So your super high quality secret stash genetics somehow uncorked recessive photoperiod genes, sounds legit...
Talking sarcastic just, cause I don’t kiss mods butt like you. Your calling something fake tell me that in person keyboard thug. letting your estrogen levels get out of control here.

Talking sarcastic just, cause I don’t kiss mods butt like you. Your calling something fake tell me that in person keyboard thug. letting your estrogen levels get out of control here.

It seems like I really upset you. I'm sorry I made you so upset. It wasn't my intention to make you so cross, next time I'll think before I ruin your evening and make you so mad.

Back