Do you grow CBD strains?

Do you grow strains with high CBD levels?

• Never

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Less than 50% of each grow

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • More than 50% of each grow

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • It's all I grow

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Humanrob

Perpetual Beginner
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
DIY - CBD:THC Edibles
I'm surprised with all the publicity around the benefits of CBD, that there aren't more threads and conversations around them, even in the med section. I thought CBD represented a bigger part of the industry, but I guess I was misreading things. Based on seed availability, it doesn't seem like a widespread priority among growers; for instance on NASC website Fast Buds has 61 strains listed, and only 2 are CBD strains. So while retailers are talking up CBD, it doesn't seem like a lot of personal use growers are growing them, based on the idea that the number of options in the market correlates to the amount of demand.

Long story, but I grew some a few years back and now I'm revisiting them, and I'm not finding that much information in terms of things like grow reports or strain comparisons, which made me curious about the demand for CBD seeds.

If you do grow CBD strains, what's your favorite and why?

I grow DP Charlotte's angel pretty frequently. It's my wife's favorite strain for anxiety. I usually will blend it with some high THC for myself and it's a good start to the day. Tastes like grapefruit :thumbsup:

I picked up seedsman cbd purple kush Ill be running here soon. Ran other one they where 1:1 and got me ripped. Im down with the cbd strains if they are 1:1 or close to that.
I've read that CBD 'works better' when mixed with THC, I plan on experimenting with that.

I grow DP Charlotte's angel pretty frequently. It's my wife's favorite strain for anxiety. I usually will blend it with some high THC for myself and it's a good start to the day. Tastes like grapefruit :thumbsup:
Sort of at the last minute I decided to run some CBD plants in my winter grow, so I needed to make some quick decisions to make sure I had seeds in time. Charlotte's Angel is one that I got, because I figured since I have plenty of THC strains in the med cabinet, I can get a nearly 100% CBD and then blend them as needed.

CBD is so cheap (and legal) to buy, it’s not really worth growing. I use a place that regularly has awesome sales, you can get a QP of cbd or cbg buds for 50 bucks or so….cheaper even so if you don’t mind trim (I use it to make capsules). :pass:

CBD is so cheap (and legal) to buy, it’s not really worth growing. I use a place that regularly has awesome sales, you can get a QP of cbd or cbg buds for 50 bucks or so….cheaper even so if you don’t mind trim (I use it to make capsules).
Wow, that is surprising. I haven't tried to buy any in so long, I had to go online and do a quick Leafly search to see what's available here. The best local deal I found for a high CBD strain was a $90oz, but I didn't look that hard. Lots of edibles, oils, and tinctures out there. If I could get a QP of quality bud for $50 I might not grow it either.

Wow, that is surprising. I haven't tried to buy any in so long, I had to go online and do a quick Leafly search to see what's available here. The best local deal I found for a high CBD strain was a $90oz, but I didn't look that hard. Lots of edibles, oils, and tinctures out there. If I could get a QP of quality bud for $50 I might not grow it either.
It’s legal to ship through the mail, the place I use is CBD Hemp Direct…..
When they ship, it comes with agricultural paperwork and lab results proving its legality, in case there’s any issues. Be sure to check the SALE page. :d5:

It’s legal to ship through the mail, the place I use is CBD Hemp Direct…..
When they ship, it comes with agricultural paperwork and lab results proving its legality, in case there’s any issues. Be sure to check the SALE page. :d5:
This site is legit. I ordered from there recently on Frank's recommendation. I paid about $55 for 3/4oz of their fancier stuff. Paradise og is pretty good

This site is legit. I ordered from there recently on Frank's recommendation. I paid about $55 for 3/4oz of their fancier stuff. Paradise og is pretty good
My mom got enough flower to make a year’s worth of cbd/cbg mix capsules for less than 100 bucks….she’s used those along with a thc vape pen she gets at her local dispensary to FINALLY get off the oxy pills after 30 years of use.

Back