New Grower First grow, Earthbox and autopot XXL 9gal, Night Owl Wizard's Stash Remix

The Build a Flower is good for several reasons. I like it for the life that comes with it. A good quality compost will have ingredients for veg and flower, and a lot Trace elements. Build a Flower is mainly for flower. The compost gives the plant more food.....period. It's just more cost-effective. You probably could just use build a flower. I don't think it would hurt anything, but the amount that you would need to feed in veg and flower would just too costly. You got to remember, you still need vegetative nutrients in flower.
Remember, you must have phosphorus in the soil before the microbes can extract it.
Just like biodiversity in your microbes and other garden helpers, it's good to have multiple sources of ingredients that the plant needs.
This run I'm using Coast of Maine lobster compost as my main compost and the Oly as a supplemental.75/25 ratio. I have several reasons for that, but cost is mainly the reason.......shipping and initial cost. Again, multiple sources of ingredients and biodiversity that's in the composts.
Remember one thing, you're growing autos and BAS recommendations are mainly for photos, as are most ingredient labels. I always go half and see the results.
Don't worry a whole lot on what you have in the nutrient Bank as far as the amounts. Once you get the plant on the reservoir and she's taking her water from there mainly, the feeder Roots can go into the new bank and get what nutrients they need at the moment, without being forced to take up the nutrients along with the moisture. That is the magic of Earth boxes. A very key point and why you don't want nutrients washing down into your reservoir.
This is one of the key concepts that you need to grasp in using Earth boxes.
Hope this helps!
Thanks man thats really makes sense. Your saying It's from the diversity from using multiple sources that's greatly beneficial and also being able to adjust one more for flower and one for vegetation. Sorry for some reason I thought you meant I needed to get one to use instead of the one I got, not with. Sorry, twas a lil stoned lol. Once again man I can't thank you enough this is a ton of great information.

I'm glad it makes sense. I'll be refining my method in the next grow with a coupe new additions, main;y directed at bud and trichome development enhancement. Given this last run's quality, I'm excited to see what the results will be.

Hello everyone, Saturday the 11th which would be day 20 from sprout I did my topdress. I was trying to wait on some compost and bukashi that I ordered but it is taking a little longer than expected.
20230210_170826.jpg

This is what I used in the topdress plus I added in some Nature's living soil autoflower blend compost in I had left over. This is to help in adding some diversity like was recommended from wildbill. Once I get the bokashi in I believe I will sprinkle some of it on top.
20230210_170747.jpg

The containers, all 3, the 2 Earth boxes and the auto pot Needed a full watering. It had been a week since the last watering so before I put the top dressing down I wet the soil down and this is what I added in to that watering. I did this on Friday To let it kind of settle in and even the moisture level out through the soil. I just saved some of the water with this stuff in it to moisten up the top dressing after I applied it.
20230211_192830.jpg
20230211_192835.jpg
20230211_192846.jpg
20230211_193452.jpg
20230214_163340.jpg

So the next day after topdressing I had this show up on one of the plants in the earthboxes.
20230212_093404.jpg
from what I could find it looks like one of three things. Septoria, bugs(maybe mites), or calcium deficiency. Since it had been almost 3 weeks and I hear that the soil has 2 to 3 weeks in it so I figured this may be a possibility. So I was hoping that top dressing would solve this issue. The other 2 the ceptoria and bugs I used doctor zymes to get rid of after removing the leaves with the yellow spots on them. I know that the top dress will take a little while before it can provide anything that the roots can intake so I figured if the doctor's zymes didn't work I would make a tea to try and provide some calcium instantly.

20230214_161211.jpg
20230214_163058.jpg
20230214_163123.jpg

These are the plants a couple days after doing that maintenance and they seem to not be showing any more spots. I'm hoping what I did took care of the infestation/problem.

I think that everything is getting close to being ready to being put on the automatic watering systems. The autopot and the Earthboxes but I don't want to go to early so I'm a little hesitant. Anyone have any suggestions on if they think they are big enough yet or not?

Day 32 Feb 23rd
20230223_164243.jpg

I've definitely had a bit of a learning curve. I had too much air going in the slits I cut in the EB cover. This killed off every thing on top of the topdress. I taped up the holes then reinoculated it. I believe things are back on track I found my first feeder root coming out from the topdress. It looks nice and white.
20230223_163821.jpg

I filled the reservoirs in the earthboxes on Monday
The 20th. For now I am just using filtered water phed to 6.5. This is the filter I got. Really like it so far.
Screenshot_20230224_104549_Amazon Shopping.jpg

The plants seemed to respond nicely. They have really started to stretch
20230223_163559.jpg
20230223_163606.jpg
20230223_163617.jpg
20230221_160649.jpg

The plant in the 5gal tall pot in Gnome automatics Pluto's bride. Very beautiful so far, its one week behind the others. The plant in the autopot has been weird this whole grow. It hasn't stretched very much and is already forming buds.

I think that everything is getting close to being ready to being put on the automatic watering systems. The autopot and the Earthboxes but I don't want to go to early so I'm a little hesitant. Anyone have any suggestions on if they think they are big enough yet or not?

The rule of the thumb with auto pots is once the leaves reach the edge of the pot you should be good to go :goodluck: earthboxes I don't know tuned into find out though :d5: :pop:

The rule of the thumb with auto pots is once the leaves reach the edge of the pot you should be good to go :goodluck: earthboxes I don't know tuned into find out though :d5: :pop:
Thanks for the info on the Autopot I hope to get the reservoir filled today or tomorrow (working 7 10s right now)
I filled the reservoirs on the EBs when the plants were on day 17, Monday the 20th. I checked them yesterday the 25th and they are totally dry. So it only took 5 days for them ladies to empty the rez. I'm confident now they were definitely big enough when I decided to fill it. Could have probably done it a few days earlier. Glad to have ya tagging along.

Back