New Grower KuzcosGarden First Grow - Mephisto Genetics - Updated Regularly

Reaction score
May 12th 2019

After 3 months of saving up I finally got to get my setup all ready. My seeds should be here early Monday or Tuesday! This is a legal grow in Canada
60286972_1247910842042913_2134074352079994880_n (1).jpg

My plan is attached in a photo, couldn't figure out how to get HTML tables working! If you guys can pick anything out PLEASE let me know I'm a total noob but I want this to be really successful so I've listed concerns I have down below ! I really appreciate anyone who takes the time to read this ! Thanks guys! <3

The setup is all in a 3x3x6 Mammoth tent
Medium stuff:
  • 2x 5 gallon fabric pots (18.9 L)
  • 1x DWC 5 Gallon
  • I'll be taking from my freshly mixed batch of 97L Promix HP w/ 18L of Promix Perlite
  • Distilled Water Only
Nutrients:
  • Green Planet 4 Full 4 Part (questioning if this is overkill or not, if someone more experienced could check the feed chart for me and let me know if the doses I'm planning are okay. It would be greatly appreciated. I'll be using Drain to Waste, NOT Recirculating.)
Climate:
  • 4" Active Air Inline 165 CFM - Ducted out a window
  • 4" Phat Filter
  • 3x 6" Clip on Fans
  • 1x Humidifier
  • 1x Dehumidifier
  • Inkbird Humidity Controller
Climate Conditions:
  • 60% for Veg, 50% for Flower Week 1-3 40% for the remainder of the cycle automated by Inkbird
  • 25C for Veg & Flower
  • Negative pressure air exchange @ 165 CFM every 0.5-2 minutes (min-max, based on the exhaust being used as an automated "Dehumidifier" plugged in Inkbird's Dehumidifier socket)
Lighting:
  • 2x 39w Sunblaster T5HO @ 6400k until flower then 2700k bulbs go in
  • 1x 270w Draw 570 Output (tested and true) Custom Apollo 6 LED
Germ Mephisto Genetics !!!!!!! 1x Fugue State 2x Forgotten Cookies in a shot glass of distilled water no ph balance. Once I see about an inch of tail, get them into the pots 1 knuckle down with the tail facing down... sadly this took me about 3 try's to figure out... RIP first 3, very old bagseed and soil from my outdoor garden...
Full Schedule.jpg

Concerns I have:
  1. Is this too many nutrients in general? The list seems quite long, but It was recommended to me by a good friend. - Halving/quartering doses and feeding every water

2. How long should I just feed Ph'd Water @ the end of the cycle to flush excess nutes out of the plant? I was thinking 5-7 days. Then chop. - Going with 2-3 waterings only as my medium is soiless.
Things I Learned:
  1. Getting creative is important! To achieve my airflow perfectly, it took over an hour of testing different configurations, fan directions, and fan combos.... I ended up having to disconnect my dehumidifier from my Inkbird and replace that with the exhaust fan. I also turned off one of my 6" clip on fans. Now I have non aggressive, semi-constant fresh air that is automating my temperature, and humidity levels. The setup I have achieve negative pressure every 1-2 minutes through the Carbon Filter, fan and out the window.

Thanks again everyone!! If you even stuck around this long I am going to be making an InstaGram and maybe a YouTube directed towards totally noob growers like myself, I really found a lot of this info to be scattered across the internet and I want to eventually (once I know it all works) make it easier for people to find.

May 13th 2019

The seeds arrived! I ordered from True North Seed Bank - shipping took forever, well over a week except I paid for expedited. I'll be going directly through Mephisto next time. Also got 1 freebie seed Auto Amnesia from Canuk Seeds anyone have experience?
60185610_601872413556486_8544300173637976064_n.jpg

We will be germing them today! As of 3:30PM 1x Forgotten Cookies 1x Fugue State are germing with the Mephisto recommended method. I decided to wait for the new strain drop which should be any day now for my third plant.

May 14th 2019
after 24 hours, seed shells have cracked, and to my luck a slight taproot is visible in the FC - I transferred 1x Forgotten Cookies into a Rockwool cube after soaking in ph'd water for about 20 minutes, then soaking in the res water which has a little added Green Planet Pro-Cal @ 0.8ml/G (just under 1/4 of the recommended dose)

Rez temps were high in my DWC system, added extra reflection on the outside so there is no visible black anymore. Also light blocked the top and the hoses.
60340487_313451569553672_7686956780743557120_n.jpg

Duct out.png

May 15th 2019
We may be able to plant the other Mephisto tonight (FC) in our Promix HP/Perlite 70/30 medium!
Dropped FC @ 4am and checked the Rockwool Forgotten Cookies, should push out tomorrow!

May 16th 2019
Checked on the ladies this morning, no new development on the Fugue State in Promix HP/Perlite, but our Rockwool Forgotten Cookies is KILLING it!
60351507_875525416117529_5202112621397934080_n.jpg

Rez temps went down to 76F overnight passively with lights ON so im very impressed by the new airflow system. Temps in the tent @ 57% RH are around 24.5C and @ 65% RH it adds a few degrees to the overall air temp. I added a frozen water bottle into the rez to try and take her down even more before this little lady is ready for the system :)

Forgotten Cookies has been put under light as of noon ! - waiting for her roots to break the bottom then i'll be placing her into the DWC system!

May 19th 2019
Fugue state popped a few days ago, she got her first feed of 1/4 Cal-mag 1/4 Sensizym, Forgotten Cookies was placed in the DWC system as well, with 1/4 Cal-Mag 1/4 SensiZym
60490790_10162237726090497_2265065030632341504_n.jpg
60782693_2429577410435247_1967025022191009792_n.jpg

May 21st 2019
Daily update, watered the Fugue State in Promix HP/Perlite with 1/4 strength Cal-mag and 1/4 strength Sensizym, she seems to be LOVING the lights a little bit lower. Forgotten Cookies is doing amazing as well, has shown no signs of needing top water on her rockwool. Seems the 3x Airstones are doing there job.
fc.jpg
FS.jpg

June 13th 2019
AGAAAINNN!! I'm sorry for leaving this so damn long. I've been busy working and attending expos ! I hope you are all still interested :)

Fugue State in Promix HP/Perlite
FS2.jpg

I absolutely over/underwatered this poor girl. As you can tell we had some issues and since it looks like we've recovered. Shes done about 2 inches of growth in the last 2 days after being transferred into an Autopot system.. I had practically handed to me by the gentleman who work there do thank you SO much to Dave and the team for that. She's currently around 350 PPM 5.8 PH and recovering nicely with Advanced Nutrients Sensizym and Pirahna added into her Green Planet Nutrient cycle.

Forgotten Cookies in DWC W/ Recirculating Chiller
FC2.jpg

I don't even know where to begin.. I had some Root Rot issues with her because of a light leak, so I sealed up the edges of the pot with paper plates, and neoprene. I also added a reflective surface on top of my Hydroton Clay in the Net Pot. She recovered instantly with a 350 PPM feed @ 5.8 PH w/ Added Advanced Nutrients Sensizym and Pirahna. Shes current about 3x the size of the Fugue State. MEPHISTO FUCKING GENETICS!!!!!

Attachments

• 60625950_2309361242651401_2889736975516958720_n.jpg
    60625950_2309361242651401_2889736975516958720_n.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
With distilled water and like ro and filtered water, you need an additive when you water. Most of the time, distilled and ro have no ppm.

Why soil and not coco? Soil and nutes for a first grow normally ends in disappointment. Better to control your environment and learn to read your girls.

Coco responds almost immediately... soil takes days/weeks.

Most noobs fail at germ and seedling. Autos are unforgiving - if yield is important - have a look at my diary - pretty much step to guide for Meph girls in coco.

Fugue state does not like nutes - 0.5EC IME. Unlike CDLC and HBBS.

Get an EC pen and pH pen and do it scientifically in coco IMO.

Good luck!

Why soil and not coco? Soil and nutes for a first grow normally ends in disappointment. Better to control your environment and learn to read your girls.

Coco responds almost immediately... soil takes days/weeks.

Most noobs fail at germ and seedling. Autos are unforgiving - if yield is important - have a look at my diary - pretty much step to guide for Meph girls in coco.

Fugue state does not like nutes - 0.5EC IME. Unlike CDLC and HBBS.

Get an EC pen and pH pen and do it scientifically in coco IMO.

Good luck!
Hey mate ! I've been gardening for years haha, 2nd attempt @ Cannabis. First time in a real setup. I chose PromixHP for the hydro like quality. It's a soiless medium. PH will be @ 5.8 not what it states in the chart. I actually have to update it.

Thank you sooo much for the help :D

Last edited:
Hey mate ! I've been gardening for years haha, 2nd attempt @ Cannabis. First time in a real setup. I chose PromixHP for the hydro like quality. It's a soiless medium. PH will be @ 5.8 not what it states in the chart. I actually have to update it.

Thank you sooo much for the help :D

Nice one :) How hot is the ProMix preloaded? Would be good to do a sludge test so you know where you are starting from.

I will tag along for the ride :)

Nice one :) How hot is the ProMix preloaded? Would be good to do a sludge test so you know where you are starting from.

I will tag along for the ride :)
Not hot at all - Nutes only last about a week with what is in there, after that it's feed with every single water. Promix is just a hydro medium, that isn't water. I know thats tricky.... but it acts like it!

*edit* wait i think i may have mistaken what Hot meant... could someone clarify?

Last edited:
I forgot to add I germinated an OG Kush Photo that will be outside. She'll start in a solo cup, then go outside when she's ready to be transplanted.

Question for everyone.. I decided to do one of these gals in a solo DWC to test how a soilless mix stacks up against DWC for a noob like myself. - I put the Forgotten Cookies seed that was poking through in a Rockwool cube after I had soaked in PH'd Distilled Water for 20 minutes, shook, and then soaked for 10 seconds in the Rez water which is 0.8ml/G in a 5 Gallon bucket @ . Then placed that Rockwool cube inside a makeshift humidity dome on top of my lights. Tents running @ 57% humidity - 20-26c depends on the time of day. I'm just here to clarify that all of this is okay for finishing germination on her, I wanted to germ her in the Rockwool so it was easily transplantable into the DWC Bucket.

Last edited:
FC Popped the surface of the RockWool !! Shes under a T5 @ 8 inches and the LED @ 36" for now!

Back