First time grower. Doing autos. need help please.

Jarame

New User
Reaction score
ok. so i ordered a a variety of seeds through the single seed centre and and they sent me 14 free girl scout cookies seeds and didn't clarify whether or not they were autos and/or fem. eventually i got someone on the phone and i was told they're all fem'd autos. granted i honestly dont know what im doing since i was given the setup by a friend. I'm at 51 days from sprout on 4 of the girl scouts cookies, and it seems im stuck in preflower, i switched the light cycle to 12/12 from 19/5 too see if it would help push them into flower. please correct me if im wrong at any point, i'm trying too learn this, its really fascinating too me. Anyways, i also added pk boost too the top soil and mixed it in before a watering. Please help, im running out of vertical room and i've lst'd the best that i know how. i have photos attached somewhere with this article, so please take a peak and tell me what i can do to get them into bud, Here are the specs of what i have going on. they're all 4 planted in 3 gl fabric bags. the medium is just miracle grow potting soil with pk boost and worm castings mixed in. i use GH for my nutrient line and will have a photo of everything these girls have tasted so far. the light is a 1000 watts. th
20191021_201816.jpg
20191021_210018.jpg
20191021_205910.jpg
20191021_205903.jpg
20191021_202124.jpgthey hps.
20191021_202124.jpg
20191021_202130.jpg

@ 51 days, my guess is these are not autos (this happens usually a mis marking). Flip to 12/12 and stay there. If your having space issues, your gonna probably need to hack them back a bit. Photo GSC is a 9-10 week flowering time plant, so 9 to 10 weeks from when you flip to 12/12.

@ 51 days, my guess is these are not autos (this happens usually a mis marking). Flip to 12/12 and stay there. If your having space issues, your gonna probably need to hack them back a bit. Photo GSC is a 9-10 week flowering time plant, so 9 to 10 weeks from when you flip to 12/12.
thank you. my space issue is a big deal so i might just have to hack em completely down since i have 4 sprouts at 11-12 days old. i also have more seeds i can plant at anytime. and i need that tray they are in for the new 4 ones. im not dismayed at the thought of cutting them down, i went through hell for a week and a half just to be told wrong info haha. but really thank you for your thoughts man. im really looking forward too learning as much as i can about everything that has too do with growing autos. the 4 autos i have recently planted are between 55 and 75 days from seed and are from reputable breeders. so i think since i just bought a rosin press, getting my cycle going with autos would be more beneficial too me than waiting on photos that are going too take the much needed space. what do you think?

I grew photos for a long time, and I do love growing photos, that said there are many advantages of autos, like space. Also not dealing with a light schedule is nice too. If I had the space, I'd always have both going, but... space inside is limited, so autos allow more harvests a year running a single tent.

If I were growing for $ again, I'd go back to photos, just due to genetic variation in auto strains. Photos allow for cloning, getting crops that are always the same. Autos will get there (stability), there are many that are close.

Growing for self, I love autos... a little genetic diversity is great, potency is on spot, flavor, taste, all there... share with friends, they'll never know.

I grew photos for a long time, and I do love growing photos, that said there are many advantages of autos, like space. Also not dealing with a light schedule is nice too. If I had the space, I'd always have both going, but... space inside is limited, so autos allow more harvests a year running a single tent.

If I were growing for $ again, I'd go back to photos, just due to genetic variation in auto strains. Photos allow for cloning, getting crops that are always the same. Autos will get there (stability), there are many that are close.

Growing for self, I love autos... a little genetic diversity is great, potency is on spot, flavor, taste, all there... share with friends, they'll never know.
Again, thank you a lot. ill see what happens in the next 5 days and decide then. I plan on sharing with all my friends and if i get good i might throw an entry into a cup some years down the road. I'll definitely be back for some more advice soon, i plan on switching to organic nutes but i want too run the stuff i was given first since there's gallons of it. might do a side by side of synthetics and organics, idk yet. im going too focus on getting too know what im doing first haha. thanks again bud i appreciate all the tips and info.

Don't kill those girls, I see a room full of bud in there. The plants look healthy with maybe a bit too much Nitrogen. Here is the plan Selective pruning and Super Croping:
Hardest thing for a new grower to do emotionally and physically is to super crop a plant to keep it out of the lights. The problem is many new growers as well as all of us end up in that situation indoors sooner or later. Have some grafting PARAFFIN TAPE on hand just in case. 6" lower than you think you should, roll the stem crushing the inside 3 x the diameter of the stem in length between your forefinger and your thumb, then bend the branch over at that pinch. Bend to 90° from the stem or horizontal to the light. If you did not get a good enough interior crush the stem can break usually just on the top. If this happens just wrap with the grafting tape and all will be well. You may need to tie down the bent over top as many branches just lift themselves right back up. A great lesson to teach yourself on your first harvest or any harvest for that matter is to practice super cropping on branches you have harvested. You will get a good feel for what it is to crush and bend without the dread of "Killing a Cola".

If you think about it finishing this grow vs starting a new "auto" grow time wise it would be about the same and I think you will have a larger yield with the photos?

Thats my :2cents:

thank you. my space issue is a big deal so i might just have to hack em completely down since i have 4 sprouts at 11-12 days old. i also have more seeds i can plant at anytime. and i need that tray they are in for the new 4 ones. im not dismayed at the thought of cutting them down, i went through hell for a week and a half just to be told wrong info haha. but really thank you for your thoughts man. im really looking forward too learning as much as i can about everything that has too do with growing autos. the 4 autos i have recently planted are between 55 and 75 days from seed and are from reputable breeders. so i think since i just bought a rosin press, getting my cycle going with autos would be more beneficial too me than waiting on photos that are going too take the much needed space. what do you think?

Plants look nice - My vote is NO Chop - They should start to turn with 12/12 light cycle.Photos take 58 days average after turning. Good luck!

Don't kill those girls, I see a room full of bud in there. The plants look healthy with maybe a bit too much Nitrogen. Here is the plan Selective pruning and Super Croping:
Hardest thing for a new grower to do emotionally and physically is to super crop a plant to keep it out of the lights. The problem is many new growers as well as all of us end up in that situation indoors sooner or later. Have some grafting PARAFFIN TAPE on hand just in case. 6" lower than you think you should, roll the stem crushing the inside 3 x the diameter of the stem in length between your forefinger and your thumb, then bend the branch over at that pinch. Bend to 90° from the stem or horizontal to the light. If you did not get a good enough interior crush the stem can break usually just on the top. If this happens just wrap with the grafting tape and all will be well. You may need to tie down the bent over top as many branches just lift themselves right back up. A great lesson to teach yourself on your first harvest or any harvest for that matter is to practice super cropping on branches you have harvested. You will get a good feel for what it is to crush and bend without the dread of "Killing a Cola".

If you think about it finishing this grow vs starting a new "auto" grow time wise it would be about the same and I think you will have a larger yield with the photos?

Thats my :2cents:
Thank you alot for all the advice guys. I was going to try the supercropping but my buddy said he has a room theyd be perfect for so hes finishing them out for me. While i start a new round of autos, my friend is trying to find the better of the 4 gsc. And clone it for himself:) win win i would say. I just dont have space to flower photos and have a cycle of autos going but who knows maybe my ole lady will let me use the spare closet for autos. Again thanks for all the help if you want too keep up with my first grow or just throw info. And tips my way im all for it.

Attachments

• 20191103_014323.jpg
    20191103_014323.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 90
@Jarame Is the tray up on the buckets for drainage/reservoir because you are using a lot of headroom that would likely accommodate photoperiod plants. The trick to growing photos indoors is to flip to 12/12 before they get 14" tall or at 4 weeks whichever happens first. I have been able to keep most photos less than 60" doing that. If the buckets are for reservoir a small pump can give you more space with the reservoir to the side.

Anyhow I will sub up and watch your progress.
:pop:

Back