Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Goo!
:d5:

My methods will vary slightly per the situation, but in a nutshell I blend about a half cup to a whole cup per 5 gallon pot of soil, and treat with NPK RAW Veg or Bloom Microbes a few days before I sow the seeds(Depends how active I feel the soil is to start). Then I add about two Tbsp along with NPK RAW Veg Microbes into the first top dress just as stretch begins, and 1 Tbsp every 7-10 days in the top dress thereafter. At any point that I feel like the soil is inactive and the Microbes are having trouble breaking down the soil components, I will treat the pot with a small dose of Cannazym to help them along. You can also put the FGDE directly on top of the soil and completely water in, it still works just the same.

:pass:

Thanks N/A! Your plants(edit :rofl: ) speak for themselves. Yours seems like more of a blanket approach rather than a specific element/timing. Both seem to work as long as either is not overdone. In that podcast that was referenced the guy asserted to build up P through veg, thus having it stored when stretch hits. He also goes into the relationship of P to Mag ratios as they go hand in hand and recommends foliar into the second week of veg. This keeps up with the P, Cal, and mag needs though stretch leaving good levels of each for the remainder of the grow

Makes sense as many tomato growers will add rock or soft rock phosphate at transplant. Thus, building up the stored levels of P. A guy that I have been talking to on Instagram is a big proponent of it with canna. He also uses a shit ton of calcium all throughout his grows. He mixes micronized forms of calcium sulfate, calcium carbonate.

Interesting you use the veg microbes through your grow. Is there a reason for that? Wouldn't a veg microbe pack have microbes geared to nitrogen fixing?

Reading up on cannazym now

Last edited:
Interesting you use the veg microbes through your grow. Is there a reason for that? Wouldn't a veg microbe pack have microbes geared to nitrogen fixing?
That's where I miscommunicated a bit. I switch to Bloom Microbes beginning mid flower, and usually not a minute sooner(some strains can handle it just fine)as it can make the soil hot enough to burn. Especially if done alongside a bloom topdress early flower. But it is great to quickly kick start dead inactive soil from the start, as long as you don't sow your seed at the same moment you treat your pot.

Yeah, Evil Knievel was influence over me also!
We had Little Lake lot that we put our RV on when I was a kid. At this community we had two boat docks but one was almost never used because it was way too steep. The entire boat ramp was steep. It had a nice little Pier going out into the lake.
One of my little projects was to build a ramp onto the pier and then a ramp off the pier. I was a bike hoarder! I had all sorts of bike and bike parts. So I made up a 'lake bike' out of trash parts. I tied a long heavy duty string to the bike and a boat bumper .

We were holding contests of who could jump their bike the furtherest out into the lake!:biggrin::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:
At one point we got so good we were jumping further out into the lake, but that meant the bike went into a pretty deep hole and the bumper would not keep the bike afloat. I had that covered with my goggles, snorkel and flippers! I had to start bringing that with us when we went to have fun at the boat dock! :cools:

We had that set up there for two summers! Then some asshole complained. On the rare occasion that someone used that ramp, we always got out of the way and waited until they were finished.

That was OK! We had another fun spot picked out the following summer and we could ride our bikes there to it from our house..... about 10 miles. The City Lake had a pump station out into the lake. The pumps were quite high out of the water and there was a simple building with a flat roof enclosing them. There was a catwalk leading out to the pump station with railings surrounding it and then surrounding the area around the building. On one side of the building we built a wooden ladder leading to the roof and then we laid up plywood on top of the roof and secured it along with covering it with some junk carpet.
So we had us a nice little diving platform! I really don't know how far it was but at 12 or 13 years old, it looked pretty damn far!
At first, we just jumped off! It took some triple dog dares to get someone to dive off head first!:grin::haha::haha::haha:
None of us had much of any kind of diving experience, just diving a off simple pool board.:pop:

So I was the first one to dive off. I kind of wish I would have known I needed to have my hands in front of me and over my head to help part the water.:face::haha:

My hands were in front of me, but it was like Superman flying! Right straight out in front of me!

I knocked myself silly and I did go pretty deep! It got cold!:funny:

The cold was good because it brought me around to realize where I was at!:funny:

That's when I thought about when I was watching the Olympics in the diving competition and I realized where I messed up!:funny:
But that's OK! And it's very excusable! That was the second time I got high!:bong::biker:

It's a shame kids nowadays don't know how to have fun!Bluestruttin:funny::funny::funny::funny::funny::funny:
Super Dave too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back